Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why are people so sickenly annoyed by Morgan now?

Discussion in 'Episode 602 - JSS' started by Eat_Cow, Oct 20, 2015.

1. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

I have a problem with him sparing the lives of insane men that are going to be a problem later on. That wolf grabbed a gun and left- that's going to be a problem later on, lol.

2. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I love Morgan sane & insane- I have a problem with the ALL life is precious Morgan. If someone tries to rob you, you throw a threat- cool. People that have rampaged a town- many of them were into overkill, which shows their method of madness- but there was no reasoning with them. They wanted death and then maybe some useful things. Morgan needs to lower his high horse, just a bit.

3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how the story unfolds the tension between Morgan's style vs Rick's style in the rest of the season.

And, perhaps, it will be equally interesting to see how Morgan interacts with the Wolves.
    I mean, Morgan is ''all life is precious'' but the Wolves are ''no life is precious.''
    So, will Morgan be able to convert the Alpha Wolf he captured? He has spared his life twice, will he spare him a third time?
    If Morgan does able to somehow convert him or even, somehow, extract some goodness from this Alpha Wolf, maybe he can demonstrate, at least, that this particular life is precious.

4. Prufrock

i may be in the minority, but I think the Wolf is gone. Are they really going to throw another Tyreese/ Martin scenario again. I hope not. The majority of viewers are not dumb, nor fickle.

Morgan is Rick's partner on the moral seesaw for these few episodes. I have a total visual for this!

5. Grimoire

Grimoire Member

According to the AMC recap the wolf is still alive, so we'll have another Tyreese/Martin scenario :(

To be honest: I couldn't wait for Morgan to come back to the group. And I was totally okay with him not killing the Wolves in the woods. Because he can do whatever he wants as long as it's only about his own life. If he wants to get himself in danger because he won't kill two killers - that's fine and we got some cool woodstick action, woah, nice.

But in Alexandria it's different and that's why I'm pretty annoyed. There's a little "village" with women and children, a lot of people who don't have any knowledge how they can defend themselves. They need help. They need people who can protect them in this situation. Sure, you can handcuff the enemy. You can do that when there are two or three Wolves in town and you have control of the situation. But with a huge group like the one in Ep2 you need to GET BACK the control of the town and security. There's no time to handcuff murderer and be nice to them although they already killed an innocent woman and will kill more if you look away for a second. There's no time for being nice.

And I'm still team "people who kill other people just for fun, are no longer people and shouldn't be treated like one". Oh yes, that's why they are called Wolves. Turn them literally to wolves. If a pack of wolves would attack your family, would you praise the guy who tries to capture one single wolf alive while the rest of the pack will butcher your family? You can try that when there's just one wolf and your family can defend them as a group. But as soon as it's group vs. group you need to do everything to stay alive and this means: kill the enemy.

Ah, sorry. I'm not just annoyed. I'm really angry with Morgan right now because he could have been a real help and saving a lot more people but instead he did nothing. And I feel it in my guts that all the Wolves he let go will come back and will finish what they started. Good job, Morgan.

6. Prufrock

I gotta run now, but awesome post! Morgan and his magic broomstick can not cure all :(
    thanks for the AMC Intel

7. Blueman

Yes, the actor (Benedict Samuel) who plays the Alpha Wolf is reportedly seen on the set filming around August, meaning closer to episodes 3-8 rather than episodes 1-2. We will definitely see more of the Wolves.

If the Wolves are only 20+ people strong, then they are not a force to be reckoned with. Size-wise speaking, they cannot be that few.
    And smart-wise, those 20+ Wolves are unlikely to come up with that food-truck trap. Only the 2 wolves (the Alpha Wolf and the wolf that picked up the gun while escaping) displayed a little bit 'intelligence'. So, there must be someone(s) upper in the clan hierarchy, I imagine.

8. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I don't see how the Wolf group can be very big. Their tactic is to go in to someplace and kill everyone and hack them up. Assuming they take losses too, where do new members come from? They seem like a group that is doomed to dwindle with time.

9. Online-Don

Online-Don Well-Known Member

The common blackbird (Turdus merula) is a species of true thrush. It is also called Eurasian blackbird (especially in North America, to distinguish it from the unrelated New World blackbirds), or simply blackbird where this does not lead to confusion with a similar-looking local species. It breeds in Europe, Asia, and North Africa, and has been introduced to Canada, United States, Mexico, Peru, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, the Falkland Islands, Chile, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. It has a number of subspecies across its large range; a few of the Asian subspecies are sometimes considered to be full species. Depending on latitude, the common blackbird may be resident, partially migratory, or fully migratory.

The male of the nominate subspecies, which is found throughout most of Europe, is all black except for a yellow eye-ring and bill and has a rich, melodious song; the adult female and juvenile have mainly dark brown plumage. This species breeds in woods and gardens, building a neat, mud-lined, cup-shaped nest. It is omnivorous, eating a wide range of insects, earthworms, berries, and fruits.

Both sexes are territorial on the breeding grounds, with distinctive threat displays, but are more gregarious during migration and in wintering areas. Pairs stay in their territory throughout the year where the climate is sufficiently temperate. This common and conspicuous species has given rise to a number of literary and cultural references, frequently related to its song.

10. Grimoire

Grimoire Member

Maybe there's a big "pack" in a den and they only let out a little group of scouts (or more like "hunters and gatherers") while the rest stays with the leader. Or maybe there are more groups of this size who roam the country. A wolf never hunts alone, always in a pack. I guess there are more "packs" like the one who attacked Alexandria. I hope so. If it's a cult with just a group of 20 insane people - that would be lame. I want a huge network of insanity after they've killed the great Terminus storyline within a few episodes ;)

11. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

A large movement of these people? I kind of doubt it, again, because how would they grow their numbers? Also, if you are going to attack a large enclosed town, wouldn't you use everyone they have to try and win rather than sending out 20% of their number? I'm in the camp that says the Wolves gave it their best shot the first time.

12. drifter77

drifter77 Member

Also, doesn't seem too bright to attack a town you know has guns (they must have noticed people in the tower with rifles) if none of your people have guns. Sure, the element of surprise helps, but it just takes one alert person with a gun to wipe you out. Carol and a pistol took out a dozen of them on her own. And had Morgan not been all Zen Jedi Buddhist and kept the gun Carol gave him, there would have been zero Wolf survivors.

And lucky for them the guy in the tower at the time was a terrible shot and lacked a set of balls. Had someone competent been on duty at the time, many Wolfs probably don't even get to the wall and fewer (if any) would have survived the attack.

So, yeah, not the best plan I've ever seen...

#72 drifter77, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  13. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

Morgan and his staff could easily do significant damage and prevent his opponent from ever being a problem again without killing. I'm fine with respecting human life. But breaking bones isn't killing.

14. filthyastronaut

Morgan was getting on my nerves in that episode. But the more I think about it, the more I think his new philosophy makes sense in the context of his character. He is not Tyreese. Tyreese was a tragic character, and while I was lamenting how they changed Tyreese while watching the first time, I can just accept that he was not the same person as his comic character. Instead, after rewatching, he is just immensely sad, especially knowing where he ends up. He had the brawn to survive impossible situations. He didn't look away and he didn't turn off, but he was ultimately not made for the new world. He wasn't a moral compass for anyone. He didn't object to how anybody handled the termites, there was just a stark contrast between him and his sister. But he couldn't handle the world despite his potential. His death was all about the nightmare ending, letting him finally look away.

Morgan, on the other hand, is built for the world. He clearly killed and robbed potentially innocent people in his Clear days. That armory he built didn't just come from scavenging, and he clearly had a set routine to deal with outsiders. They either left their stuff or died. Oddly enough, the wolf guy we've dealt with most prominently is a foil for him. There's a reason they met first and have met again, in the narrative. If he stays alive and a prisoner, I think we will get a bigger picture of that. Morgan will try to bring him back just like the cheesemaker brought him back. And his new philosophy is most likely atonement for the potentially horrible things he has done. If he can save as many people as possible, let them see that the world has led them astray, that will make things right. Because in Clear, he may as well have been a wolf. In his view, everyone alive has potential to change.

15. JMac

JMac Member

I am interested in seeing where they take Morgan's character. I don't think he is like tyreese by any means. I think some people's posts were right- he has just learned how to live in this world differently, and I sure hope they explore his past in some upcoming episodes. Also tho, this might be far fetched- but I kind of think that possibly they are setting up some lovey covey between him and carol. I know.. I know that sounds a little far fetched, but she has kind of gotten cold, and hard- bad ass but maybe Morgan is being set up to bring her softer side back. I mean, when she was on the porch smoking you could kind of see her wanting to have a breakdown but she held back. Also I love that scene in the end where they walk past each other. I don't know and maybe it is far fetched but I think they are going to get together... You all can roll your eyes now... Maybe some of you agree? I think Morgan will make more sense once we see what's happened since clear. Also he keeps mentioning someone he learned from on how to be a Jedi. Anyone get the name he said?? He did say a name, or a nickname..

16. Blueman

This is why I think Morgan will attempt to convert the Alpha Wolf that he captured. Morgan is labelled as a Jedi here. Using this analogy, Morgan just might be able to bring back Darth Vader (ie Alpha Wolf) from the dark side.

Even though Morgan cannot de-brainwash all the Wolves, he at least will save this one Wolf. Perhaps the final outcome of this Alpha Wolf will be contrasted with that wolf who picked up the dropped gun, as they were a team when they first met Morgan at his campsite. Maybe the Alpha Wolf will live while the other will die (when using the gun that he picked up)?

I predict the conversion of the Alpha Wolf based on:
    -the show writers will want to give some credit to Morgan's ''all lives is precious''. Or else, this philosophy is just total 100% bs. This will make the comeback of Morgan a total joke.
    -a spy photo is alleged to be the actor who played the role of the Alpha Wolf. Though the pic is blurry, I think that actor has a haircut. So, I speculate going from the Alpha Wolf's long hair to short hair signify a conversion of lifestyle of some kind.

#76 Blueman, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  17. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I also think there could be something between Morgan and Carol. Just a chance.

Re who trained Morgan, he said it was "a cheesemaker."

18. Charmander

Charmander Member

I think you're simplifying it. No, people don't want to see more blood and guts. They're annoyed at the fact he's putting other people's lives in danger, and could have potentially saved lives if he hadn't been messing around talking to the Wolves. At the very least, if he didn't want to kill them he could have quickly hit them on the head with his holy stick.

Morgan's "don't kill" stance should only work in situations where they're faced with killing some rogue person who's defenceless, has nothing left or clearly isn't going to cause them any more harm. It was totally ridiculous for him to do that in the middle of an onslaught where people are getting butchered right in front of him.
    I get that he's not the same as Rick, and that he's been through a lot since Rick left him, but I can't imagine even he would be so jaded as to not accept when killing is necessary. This is the sort of storyline you'd expect from the earlier seasons, but certainly not season 6. We're two years into the apocolypse, and this was a calculated attack. Not one of confusion or desperation. There's absolutely no benefit to letting these people go.

I like what BH said. Morally-driven characters are great, but they don't have to make stupid decisions like this.

19. Grimoire

Grimoire Member

The rant queen is back.

So Rick got nearly killed by the guy with the gun that Morgan let escape. Thanks, Morgan. :zombies_lol:

20. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

To be perfectly honest, I am annoyed with Morgan. He helped Rick, explained walkers to him. He protected his son and loved his wife to distraction. It was that error that got his son killed. So he goes off the deep end.
    I wanted to see Morgan come back to Rick a wise and whole man. I wanted him to be Rick's rock to lean on and they would be partners like Shane was for Rick before the ZA. But instead Morgan is this zen stick ninja, and is STILL not living in the ZA world. I think he's swung too far in the other direction. I was hoping Morgan would represent the kind of people that Rick would want Daryl to bring back to ASZ. People who had managed to make it this far and could use a home just like a home could use them. But I feel that Morgan has blinders on and is almost Father Gabriel.

But I do see your point about beating up on the pacifist in the group. And you are right that at some point you will have to trust people to build a community. But right now Rick and Morgan are polar opposites and I just wasn't expecting that.