Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why Concentrate on Nick?

Discussion in 'Episode 209 - Los Muertos' started by DeadAsADodo, Aug 28, 2016.

1. DeadAsADodo

DeadAsADodo New Member

Hi! Newbie here. I love everything Walking Dead but, really, why are they concentrating on Nick. He must be the worst actor of the lot!

Remember when he covered himself in the dead's blood - episode 4 - and went off on his own looking for Luis? He was walking along a deserted street in the gated community "Abigail Home Experience", passes a dead girl walking the other way and then goes to the house Strand sent him to - number 9208. He was met by Luis with a gun. His reaction: "Whoa, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. Don't shoot, don't shoot."

I can't believe they didn't retake that scene. That was probably the worst acting ever.

And now all we get is him? Really?

So now we've got the stupidest character - who else would go walking with the dead? - and the worst actor.

Brilliant.

Roll on October and the real Walking Dead.

2. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Well, given that the very first episode began with Nick, much like the very first TWD episode began with Rick Grimes, it seems to be the right place to fit a bottle story that focuses on Nick's survival instincts. Certainly much more compelling than yacht life, which often seemed like Brady Bunch on the water. Or maybe Step by Step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

4. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

He's like the only bearable part of that show adios amigo

5. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

They really need to put the focus back onto Maddie. Wasn't the whole idea of her character to have the view focused on the mother figure, balancing in between the mother role and the leader role?

6. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

It's because they don't have the yacht anymore.

7. BlackLightning

She played a big part in last week's episode and this episode almost entirely revolved around her.

They just need to keep building and building her.

8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

That has got to be the CUTEST gif EVER. lol

Also, I think Frank Dillane is a great actor.... :zombies_confused:

9. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

Worst actor of the lot? I couldn't disagree more. I think he's by far the best actor of the lot, with Strand coming in after him. Nick is by far my favorite character on FTWD. Madison on the other hand...I think she's terrible.

10. esmode

esmode New Member

I totally agree!

11. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I really don't know what happened to Madison. I thought she was fantastic in season 1. Now in season 2 it's like she's stuck in this way over-acted 'controlling mom' character and only has three facial expressions. It's strange. It's like she's over-acting and under-acting at the same time.

12. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Nick isn't just the best actor, but he also was the most interesting character (one could argue Strand was, but that love/seducer crap was lame). They kind of ruined it by having him (Nick) leave his mother and sister behind in a ZA. And why again? Some new understandings he got from a crazy old lady he barely knew? I really didn't get any of that...

Now I think Alicia is my favorite character...

#12 NakedCity, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  13. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Yeah I really liked Nick until he was a jackass enough to care more about a stranger lady then the mom and sister he grew up with. I completely hate him now. I just can't relate to someone who cares more about an old lady they just met than their own mom and sister. Especially when that lady has died you just abandon your family? Wow... they ruined his character so fast.

14. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

I think all the actors could be very good if they were given something to work with. Nick is the best because his character has the most dynamic character. All the others are pretty much the same as they were when the series started. I will go against the grain and say Strand is my least favorite character.

15. DeadAsADodo

DeadAsADodo New Member

OK, just for you lovely people, here's the brilliant acting of Frank Dillane...

[video=youtube;F7GUKXGKu4Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7GUKXGKu4Y[/video]

16. PepperAnn

What am I missing? lol

I always thought I could spot bad acting anywhere, and I just don't see why this is bad?

17. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I think Dillane is very convincing as Nick, and some of his ingenuity in finding ways to get drugs has paid off in finding ways to deal with his zombie addiction. Alysia has really from as a character in this last episode as well, becoming a leader rather than a whiner. But what the hell ever happened to Ophelia??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. PepperAnn

LOL I am really curious when we are going to find this out. She just poofed.

Also regarding Frank. Out of both shows, he is the only Brit I keep forgetting is a Brit. His American accent is perfect in my opinion.