Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why did Daryl even go to the Hilltop?

Discussion in 'Episode 714 - The Other Side' started by TheSlayingTaco1, Mar 20, 2017.

1. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

So... is it just me or does Daryl's trip to Hilltop now make even less sense than before? Why did he leave the Kingdom?

At Hilltop, we didn't see Daryl doing anything except sitting around. Sasha, Enid, Jesus, Maggie -- they were all working during the montage. Training people, getting things ready, but Daryl? Nothing.

So why did he leave Carol in a lurch? Why did he abandon his task at the Kingdom? What was so important at Hilltop?

I have absolutely no idea.

2. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I guess so he could help Alexandria fight, alongside Maggie/Sasha/Jesus, I guess he figured he wanted to take action since the kingdom wasn't going to. And he couldn't go to Alexandria since he'd get caught there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

I'm my opinion, There was no other purpose behind Daryl ignoring Rick's direction to STAY PUT in The Kingdom and endangering the lives of everyone at The Hilltop by fleeing there. I think he mumbled something about leaving in order to fight like you said. I don't know, I never re-watch Daryl scenes unless I have to. But if he wants to fight, why was he off sulking by himself instead of helping to train the Hilltoppers?

Eh, he had to be there in order for Maggie to comfort him and remove the burden of guilt weighing him down so that he can walk tall and save the day with some heroic shit in the finale.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I agree the reasoning is weak, but that seems to be the reason the writers have implied.

5. calliope

calliope Active Member

Well, at that point he had beaten the crap out of Richard who was then Ezekiel's right hand man. That would likely have soured his mission to win Ezekiel and the Kingdom over to Rick's side.

He probably also knew that his lie to Carol was unlikely to hold up if he had to face her again.

I agree that his actions weren't particularly well thought out, but in spite of his outward appearance he's probably very traumatized by his captivity/torture at the Sanctuary. It's common for people to be very restless and unsettled when they've been traumatized.

6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I think it's as simple as he wanted to be with his people. He knew he couldn't go back to Alexandria for a number of reasons, so he wanted to go to the hilltop where Maggie, Sasha, and Enid were. He had nobody at the kingdom and his presence wasn't going to get them to fight, he had no influence.

Simply put, he didn't want to be there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

Maybe he wants to work with Maggie or help her on some level out of feeling guilt for what happened to Glenn.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

To me the show has way too many wayward wanderers right now. All with their own personal agendas. Meanwhile the family is about to fight for their survival in the form of a war. I just know I wouldn't be leaving my family behind each time things get a bit hectic for me personally.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

He felt remorse for lying to Carol, making him a double coward for running away before she found out the truth.

10. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

He spent his entire life hiding his feelings and avoiding emotion. He's an emotional character who spent his life with Merle. The kind of guy who shunned emotion and wasn't the type to let you express your feelings. So Daryl never learned to deal with them. Every time he has been in an emotional sitiation he either runs from it to avoid it or turns it into rage.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

When Daryl left the Hilltop in episode 9 Enid had rallied a few folks who wanted to fight. So he left for that purpose. Whereas, Ezekiel wasn't willing to do anything but compile.

But, I agree with the OP Daryl should've been in the training scenes since that's what he went there to do. But, the sight of Maggie and Glenn's grave must've crippled him.

Same old, same old with Daryl.

12. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Yea I think like some people said here he just didn't want to be at the kingdom and couldn't be in Alexandria so the Hilltop was his only option. I think he was letting Maggie and Sasha lead the training since he's not in the right state of mind to deal with training ppl. He's just ready to start the fight

• Like Like x 1
  13. Negan-Loyalist

Negan-Loyalist New Member

Doesn't matter, wherever he hides, a terrible fate is awaiting him for daring to oppose King Negan

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

[​IMG]