Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why did Gabriel sneak out?

Discussion in 'Episode 507 - Crossed' started by Ania, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Ania

Ania Member

Why wasn't he like "peace out y'all" and just walk out the door? Also, wouldn't Michonne and Carl hear him when he was cutting up the floor? It made a bit of noise afterall.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I just made a similar thread lol. Yeah, I can see why he wanted to leave. It was because he's naïve, and still thinks all violence is bad. But he could have just walked out.

3. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Because not only is he stupid, he's naïve. I guess he really does think that out of all the billions upon billions of people in the world, God really is watching out just for him. And he sure didn't seem to care that he left the church vulnerable with that hole in the floor.

4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I guess Michonne and Carl thought Gabriel was destroying the office furniture, like Sasha did with that pew.

5. MrBigDog1974

MrBigDog1974 Member

I would have left too after having to listen to Judith cry constantly...

6. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

That's the part that bothered me, I could have just about put all else aside.

7. batongal

batongal Active Member

Next weeks sneak peak on TTD shows what he's doing. Looks like he went to retrieve a bible or something over where the Termites were roasting Bob. Seems fishy like he might have known them. I dunno just guessing.

8. rumbaboi25

rumbaboi25 New Member

Initially, i thought he was leaving the church vulnerable, but i strongly doubt that zombies check under buildings for a way in when they can't even try the doorknob. Also, people don't seem to think of crawling under buildings to get in. So it seems that its not gonna be a problem in the future.
    I think he left because he's afraid of the group. All most of them have talked about with him are how its ok to kill people. This goes against everything he's ever known. And along with that, hes watched them desecrate everything he holds dear. Continuing to stay in the church would be a constant reminder of how his life has shattered.
    Remember, he's only known these people for a couple / few days, and he's been threatened by them, watched them kill others, tear his home (and faith) up, and then tell him that he needs to learn to kill. Is run from these people of i were him too. We, as the viewers, have had the luxury of getting to know these people, so we know they're good. He hasn't. And he's been in a miraculous bubble up until he met them. And within days, everything he knows is gone. Seems like a damn good reason to run for me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RickGrimes!!!

RickGrimes!!! Member

I agree, and it's worth noting that nearly everyone in the group has has gone through what Gabriel is going through at the moment - coming to terms with the realities of the zombie apocalypse. We saw Rick Grimes go through it, Hershel and his family go through it, etc. Don't be shocked if Gabriel's a leader two seasons from now.

10. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

As far as Gabriel just walking out, they did nail several boards across the main doors. Which I don't quite understand why since those doors looked pretty solid and if they have to get out in a hurry they'd be in trouble. It was probably just an extra precaution though.

11. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

That's a really good point, lol. Who knows what he's trying to do. Will he be back? That's my question. I think he will. Will he be better off for his journey? I hope so

12. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Yeah I was wondering what he's up to as well, I'm still trying to figure that out, but obviously there's some quilt from what he did to his followers by locking them out and he went to that school for something it appears.

Also there may be some similar fate he will face if/when he comes back with walkers on his tail begging to let him back in. Of course he could just crawl back in under the church like he got out I guess.

I don't know, it's going to be interesting to see how this all pans out.

13. WhiteCoat

WhiteCoat Member

Because Gabriel needs to be ridiculous and super religiousy all the time to get eaten properly one day. (one can hope. hardly interested in religious explorations or symbolism found within on this show)

14. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Silly decision. So he runs off because they kill people...so then he is alone in the woods with walkers and possibly other ppl who kill ppl.... Sigh. He is getting chomped! I bet they find pieces of him later .lol

15. Busted Flipflop

Maybe he'll run into Morgan because I can't possibly understand where this storyline is going, unless its just to have him go out so he gets bitten to death which would be both predictable and gratuitous.

16. WuschlWalker

WuschlWalker New Member

I also think there´s something that he has to do to put his mind at ease. His guilt seems to go beyond what he has told Rick´s crew, and the truth may be even darker. On the one hand, there´s nothing wrong with people who still have a tiny bit of humanity left inside of them, who feel remorse and act upon it. It´s where they endanger others that it gets annoying. (I bet I´m not the only one who cares a lot more about that hole in the church´s floor than about where the heck Gabriel himself is going)

17. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

because he is clueless to how bad the apocalypse really is. Once she sees how bad things are he will come running back or he may even die...

18. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

He gotsa get a 40 on after all the sh*t dat went down in his church. He'll come back all Gangsta!

19. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Cause Judith wouldn't shut the **** up. I would have done the same thing!

20. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I honestly think he's scared of them esp since Carl 'made' him pick a weapon, he needed to prepare an escape route when he saw the church being barricaded and he was locked in with Carl and scary Michonne. I think he was expecting a confrontation and fearing he'd come out the loser he was thinking of escape, he's aware of how lethal the group can be after seeing the termites being slaughtered in front of the alter.