Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why did Gabriel sneak out?

Discussion in 'Episode 507 - Crossed' started by Ania, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Old Snake

Old Snake Active Member

This confused me. the church has been solid and apparently impenetrable, by walker or human for such a long time including when the group got there, why choose to bored it up now?

2. makeupnbacon

makeupnbacon New Member

+1
    Spot on

3. FISH

FISH Member

It would be an interesting twist if they were some of his parishioners but then they would have had more of an axe to grind with him so it seems unlikely, its also strange they never encountered him seeing they were so close unless they let him be, Gareth did tell Bob he went to church so perhaps they couldnt cross that line to kill a priest.
    Either way i still cant understand how he is so naive, surely he sees that everyone needs protection, especially him.

4. Darylbait

Darylbait New Member

I want this character to become vicious with a ripped priest suit with dirt and blood all over. I really want to see him become a badass. And I think mic hone will get him there, cuz that girl knows what's up!!

5. FISH

FISH Member

Just cant see it, i thought perhaps he wasnt so timid and when he left the church i thought we may have gotten an insight into his true nature but it was just more of the same, and now no doubt Carl or Michonne are going to have to save him.

6. batongal

batongal Active Member

Well don't know how my original theory fits in because according to the new EW.com interview with Seth Gilliam, he said that Gabriel went out on a mission to find proof of the cannibalism. Sort of an investigation. He comes across the bible with pages ripped out and sees what's left of Bob's leg and seems pretty shocked and appalled.
    It sounds to me like we are going to be seeing a very angry preacher man down the road.

7. FISH

FISH Member

That would be a good change to the story, i dont want to see him go full Rambo but being able to see that the world has changed and things need to be done in order to survive and that you can keep your faith and that in order to keep your faith alive you need to keep the human race going, which means surviving.

8. cowboy's person

Father Gabe is just a sweaty, confused mess... and I love it. Going out through the floorboards made just about as much sense as trying to scrape the bloodstains off his ruined church with his fingernails. I hope I get to see him do at least one walker kill before he dies.

9. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

He really is, lol. He's a big guy too. He could do some damage if he was aggressive. The actor is playing it perfectly. He makes the lamest things look authentic and believable.

10. RickandDaryl

RickandDaryl New Member

I hardly believe you can label it as "sneaking out." It appeared as though he ordinarily left through the hole in the wood. I don't think he would say "peace out" when he is not really someone who speaks in slang terms. Any fan of the show would presume him to say "Bless your souls."

As far as walking out the "door" is concerned, the last episode entitled "Crossed" made it clear that it was boarded up which means that Michonne and him would have to remove the wood and then place it their again. If you ask me that is too much work. Due to the fact the zombies travel in the surrounding woods we have to take into consideration that walkers may or might have heard the removing and re-hammering of the planks of wood.

As far as Michonne and Carl hearing him, I have to say that Judith's crying might have blocked out the sound. They could also have been fast asleep. We don't know if Michonne and Carl are deep-sleepers or heavy-sleepers, because the TV show doesn't dwell too much on their sleeping patterns. I can safely assume that Carol probably suffers from nightmares of her banishment by Rick from the group, her daughter turning into a walker, her violent husband, and the car accident she was in, but I don't know about any of the other characters.

11. RickandDaryl

RickandDaryl New Member

Oh you did? You made a similar thread? Wow, how fascinating. I think it's premature to say that Father Gabriel is naive. As the season progresses we will have a better understanding of Father Gabriel.

12. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

Dammit. We don't get TTD in the UK, so I miss out on snippets of info like that!

13. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

Maybe Gabriel will have the epiphany that Herschel had after 'the barn opening incident' where he realises that the world's gone to crap, and they're not just sick people. Otherwise, Carol will have to make him 'look at some flowers' when/if she gets back...

14. Zombies101

Zombies101 Member

Not knowing these people, they come in, take over, question him after he gave them shelter and led them to food, then killed a bunch of strangers..we know why they did it, but he didn't. Looking at it from his POV, everyone is living for someone/something, all he had was his church and that is tainted now. Plus he's not exactly the picture of sanity and realism.

15. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I'd love to watch TTD.... I've seen the odd 30sec clip on youtube and it looks v good.

But anyway, just before he died, didn't Bob describe where the termites had taken him and Gabe explained to Rick how to get there.
    I don't think he had anything to do with the termites, but I do wonder how they never found him even though they were scouting the woods for survivors.
    i don't buy that he has been able to hide away all this time. I think he's scared of ricks group because they are able to kill seemingly without conscience. Yes he left the church to see what happened to his congregation and he finds evidence at the school.

16. batongal

batongal Active Member

Yes he will have some kind of epiphany, but it could go either way. He might be on a fire and brimstone path.

Shout out to YORKSHIRE!

17. Heriot of Fire

He's a man of god, what do you expect?

18. gavuk

gavuk Member

I've not read the comics so anything i put forward is a guesstimate but despite all the crap of the last 2 tears or so he(Gabriel) remains a man of faith and morals that good will triump over evil. He cannot raise a sword to kill (even things that are already dead) ie the walker with the crucifix in the woods and he hates that team Rick have violated his house of God hence scrubbing at the floor to remove the blood and hence cleanse he church from evil.

Him leaving via lifting the floorboard has given the writer lots of options but namely who is he gonna meet and bring back ie Morgan/walkers/good cops/bad cops/new threats or old friends and it also give Michonne/Judith and Carl and escape route when their backs are against the wall hence MSF cliffhanger..........

19. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

Morals? He let his beloved flock die screaming in terror as they scrabbled at the door of his church. I'd rather have heathens like Rick on my team.

I think he's an untrustworthy coward, racked by guilt. It'll be interesting to see what Seth and the scriptwriters can do with such unpromising material though.

20. Lt. Col. Cookie

I was really hoping he was going to drop the rock on the walker's head... I can't believe he still hasn't adapted to the real ZA world after such a long time.