Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why did Michonne....

Discussion in 'Episode 409 - After' started by RatFeeder, Feb 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. RatFeeder

RatFeeder Member

Go nuts and start chopping all the walkers' heads off? When she was walking with her two pets and none of them were paying attention to her. Was it because she started feeling like "The Walking Dead" and she had to kill the walkers to snap back to reality?

2. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Member

she was kinda hopeless..and she "chose to live" it was a moment of clarity when she saw the walker who resembled her..plus all her past trama just hit the surface and she REMEMBERED who she is and not to give up..so yeah, snap back to reality.

3. Caryl

Caryl Member

Yeah I think seeing the look alike walker snapped her back to reality and she remembered who she was and the world in which she was living. Definitely one of the best Michonne scenes so far. And she looks to have had some sword training too.

4. Scalper

Scalper Member

The sword work was very sloppy, it was like a drunk swinging the sword wildly. I think she realized she couldn't go back to the way she was before meeting Andrea. Alone surviving among the undead like one of them became too much, she craved the company she had.

5. lurkers&roamers

She was reverting back to what she was before meeting Andrea. She has just lost or been separated from everyone that means something to her and she started to go back to the way she was. She was retreating back into her shell after all the trauma she recently experienced. The combination of Rick and Carl's prints and the walker that looked like her snapped her back into reality and she went Rambo on those zombie asses, er brains I should say.

6. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

When Michoone makes two new pets and leaves the prison she makes the conscious decision not to follow Rick and Carl's tracks. Getting to know people and coming to care about them only leads to loosing them and shes trying to protect herself from facing that that pain. We then learn (or so I interpret her dream) that her lover killed himself and her son, he just gave up, he didn't want to live in this world or allow his son to grow up in this world and killed them both. When she's walking trough the woods and ends up in a walker herd, she see's the walker that looks something like herself and she realises that she's shut down emotionally and mentally and is just aimlessly wandering through the woods like a walker. She realises that she has given up, that she's quit just like she hated her her lover for doing. She's committed suicide and has become a walker -- she just skipped the dying part.

When she has that revelation she violently rejects the situation, she makes the choice to live and not wander the world as the undead. So she slaughters the walkers as a statement that she's not going to let herself be one of them and then heads back to find Rick and Carl and go back to being alive.

• Like Like x 2
  7. RatFeeder

RatFeeder Member

Appreciate this insight everyone!

8. Theresa Rivette

Theresa Rivette New Member

When she saw the other zombie next to her that looked surprisingly like, her it wasn't too shocking to see that she realized that if she continued down this path that is what she would become. She has resorted back to her old ways (considering that is how we saw her the first time her character debuted) and it took that zombie next to her for her to realize "I can't do this, I have to stay alive". And she takes this out on the zombies and then goes to find Rick and Carl.

9. Benzel

Benzel Member

Thank you for restoring my belief in this forum. Threads I've read so far this morning have really tried my patience...

10. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

I like the cut of your jib, Danger Bunny. Stick around.

11. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

...Michonne was killing her demons, mentally and physically(Danai's words)

12. cakebythepound

Well said, sir!

13. Firewallcano

Firewallcano Member

Best scene of whole episode, Michonne saw the walker and realised if she kept on like this she was no better than being dead.

14. Bdubya

Bdubya New Member

Not only that, but what was she gonna do when the herd doubled in size? I think she looked around and realized she was gonna be in trouble fast. Any crazy moves to walk away from the herd would bring an attack. She attacked first.

15. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

I disagree, I don't think she was worried about being in trouble at all. It was all about her realising that she had become a walker and violently choosing to live instead. Extracting herself from a large herd would be easy, just stop walking and let the herd wander away from her.

16. Brooklynn

Brooklynn Member

It looked like someone who was really tired fighting off multiple walkers, which is why she took those few seconds to rest in between attacks. I thought the scene was great. If the sword fight was all stylized and on point, I'm sure people would complain about that too. She was tired and upset, she wasn't showing the walkers how great her sword work is.

17. Scalper

Scalper Member

I think they showed her sloppy swordwomanship because they wanted to show that she is not really adept at sword wielding, just a normal woman who happened to have a sword.

18. Buttercup

Buttercup Member

What you say, was well done. Thank you explaining things.

19. Ronen Festinger

Ronen Festinger New Member

Why did she release the pets? she could save them for the future. And why did she didn't take pets all those times she went outside looking for the governor. She almost got killed when she came back on the horse once.