Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why did they agree to Slaughter the soldiers?

Discussion in 'Episode 303 - Walk with Me' started by Fivespddisco, Oct 29, 2012.

1. marsyao

marsyao Member

Rick kills when the threat is approved to be real, the Governor kills when there is a potential threat, if it is the Governor in the prison, he would kill all of those prisoners at the first sight, this is the difference

2. AVC

AVC Member

They got classicly flanked on that field. Poor discipline. You would have thought that once the firing started they might have got some return fire happening, but the element of surprise is a major advantage.

Obviously the Gov. is a major psychopath. And probably very smart, and brutal. A lethal combination. Most of his followers are just dumb grunts. The Gov can figure things out, like defences, combat tactics, and also technology. Without him his grunt would be scratching in the dirt, so they follow him.

3. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes totally agree, two same outcome situations & thd audience is ok with Rick doing what he did and big ok with what the governor did..

Rick appears to be knocking off threats out of a genuine want for his group to be safe, the governor appears to knocking off threats for his ego & control..

4. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

iPhone autocorrect has done it to me again .. #facepalm..

5. Fivespddisco

Fivespddisco New Member

Very good point but don't forget the Convict tried to kill Rick first Multiple times.

6. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

they were in a prison So technically prison rules apply lol

7. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

I had a real hard time with how easy they took out the soldiers. Most of the things I would have mentioned have been covered. I know if I was there, I would have but a few rounds in the grill of his car as he rolled up.

However, the HMFIC was a Corporal, so maybe the writers wanted us to think that their tactics would be lacking. I know for certain that in most cases that wouldn't happen, but...

8. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

I'm not military but.... why would the soldiers be creeping around the perimeters and playing out guerilla warfare techniques? In this environment the enemy is not the few remaining humans, it's the horde of walkers.

Notice that they're positioned in a cleared-out field so they can't be ambushed. They didn't consider the need to hide from people, and maybe they were overconfident in thinking any survivors they encountered would be less armed than they were. Of course in hindsight, they were wildly mistaken after encountering the governor.

However it is pretty unrealistic that they didn't get off a single defensive shot in the entire deal.

9. Joenips

Joenips Member

Jnhiuyto59

10. drip

drip New Member

if he lets them soldiers come into his base they might like what they see and 10+ well armed trained soilders can take out 70 people or whatever it was easily

11. Creepy

Creepy Member

Don't forget they also had a helicopter which needs space to land in.

12. Pistachio

Pistachio Member

This makes most sense to me. And how did they not even shoot back?!!

13. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Advanced warning of any herds is the first reason to have scouts that comes to mind. That few extra minutes could save lives.

14. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Australian armed forces orders are to disperse & go guerilla in a catastrophic event.. Securing any perimeter they're in is second nature to them..

It's poor research by the production, wouldn't happen in my department, thorough quality research is a must..

15. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

This isn't how the military think though, the threat is everyone..

They spend years being retrained with a new set of behaviours/mindset..

16. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Wrong quote sorry..

17. Fivespddisco

Fivespddisco New Member

That's a good point but he went out and found them With the intention to kill

18. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Is that why they're hiding from everyone at the airport?

19. Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack New Member

in for the penny, in for the pound

The Gov's hardest core of henchmen (the one's he took to the ambush) had most likely done things like that before. Probably not to that extent, but they were guilty of enough already that a new order of organized and well armed men would have been a threat to them. This fits along side the Hitler's henchmen replies earlier in the thread.

20. TheVacantThrone

If they were worried about his reaction to an uprising, they should gone with the plan and just left him standing there after he shot the first man. They would've just watched him be blown to pieces by all the soldiers and gone back to Woodbury and say he was killed by them.

I think they want to help him, they've got his ideals that anyone with so much power will overthrow them. And they probably also realised they needed their equipment.