Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why did they agree to Slaughter the soldiers?

Discussion in 'Episode 303 - Walk with Me' started by Fivespddisco, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke New Member

I think it is more difficult than that. Everyone of those guys knows exactly what the gov is capable of. So even if they dont agree with him, or wanted to overthrow him, they would have to communicate these plans to each other. And how would it work that one guy says to the other : " hey, lets get rid of the gov" without having to fear the other might tell on him?
    Oh, and the soldiers of course got suprised. They had no reason to shoot at a car(like some guy said here), bc zombies dont drive cars. and why would a soldier just fire randomly at approaching cars? Zombies dont use surprise tactics, they are, in fact, dumb. And they are the only enemy right now. So no reason to have guards all the time in broad daylight. Also, this zombie plague has been going on now for some times, and nobody knows how long the soldiers were on the run, under these circumstances, which might even cause a lack of discipline.

2. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

They don't want to end up in a fish tank from the neck up.. :hatchet:

3. The Colonel

The Colonel New Member

This is an excellent point, i to have been in the military, (UK Armed Forces) and alot more effort could have been made with this scene. Infact it was almost comical!

4. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

And I didn't even bitch about the M-4 that doesn't have a rear sight.

(OK, I haven't bitched much)

5. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

That would have been me. They have spent around 10 months in this situation. Anybody rolling up on my position after the shit that Lt. Wells stated they went through would have had at least 50% of the rifles they had there at the very least pointed at it. If I was there I would have put a few rounds in the grill. You just don't come rolling up waving a frigging white handkerchief and think its all good.

6. Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack New Member

The whole scene was really mailed in

The National Guardsmen were sitting around, completely exposed in the most in-defensable position I can imagine. There was no cover (expect for people sneaking up on them(from any direction)) and it was approachable from all directions.... completely inexplicable. They might as well have hung out in the bottom of quarry

They easily could have taken one of thousands of farms in the area and sheltered in the house or barn or both and would have had some dispersion and concealment. They would have shelter from the sun, walls to protect them from walkers and plenty of places to hide a picket or sniper for the living. Most farms have one or two (gravel roads) in... easily covered)... and there would be plenty of places to land the copter. If not a farm...a ware house, a school... anywhere but where the producers stuck them so they could have a bunch of amateurs and thugs get the drop on them.

Even with the brain-dead position, and no thought to their defense (no patrols, no picket etc) - the gov's people are lucky they weren't given away by a walker, bird, dry stick, guardsman peeing in the woods etc... I don't even think that is was realistic that those guys could have gotten so close unnoticed. They would have had to drive to within a mile (to not be heard) and sneak around to at least two sides of a position - while not knowing the terrain, the exact positions or composition of the troops or that the troops really didn't have any defensive measures.

The whole scene was really mailed in by the production team. (still love the show though)

Jack

7. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

I think most of us with any military time could go on and on about certain scenes in the show. Most of us just don't want to waste our time I think. At least that's my case. :zombies_lol:

8. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

ha! Agree totally.

9. Rokassan

Rokassan New Member

We finally got some Soldiers, some semblance of government and they get taken out. These Soldiers were good guys too. They were protecting civilians until their post was over run. How nice would it have been if those Soldiers had found the prison and joined up with Rick or they joined the Soldiers. I too was in the Military(U.S. Army), those marauders would have not gotten that close to their position in the real world.Sentries would have been posted and those guys spotted and dealt with...oh well, its T.V..

10. Rokassan

Rokassan New Member

Brother you hit it on the head. Some thugs get the drop of trained Soldiers...in a hostile environment. Guess they werent worried about marauders and Zombies. Hard to believe. Still love the show, hope we see some Soldiers in the future kick e rear and save the day.

11. DHill2127

DHill2127 Member

He might have made an example out of one of the previous men to his guys, and show them how powerful he was, thus making them fear him.

12. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Since Frank Darabont was fired there have been many Ill thought out scenes & complete episodes, like this scene with with the troops being mowed down by a psychopath & his band of morons.. Sounds like tomorrow's episode will be more of the same ill thought out plots..

13. ZombieFlanders

I think from the Viewpoint of Merle and Co they just eliminated a tread to their Comunity. They see themselves as Protectors and after what Helicopter guy told the Governer i bet he went straight to his men and told em that this Group just abandoned the People they were meant to Protect, grabed whatever suplies they could get and ran away. Telling them how it would compromise the Safety of Woodbury to let these People in and that they might attack would easy convince Merle and the others that a "first strike" is the best option.