Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why did Tyrese look so distraught when looking at

Discussion in 'Episode 509 - What Happened and What's Going On' started by Ania, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Ania

Ania Member

the pic of the brothers? The way they zoomed in on the one with the sideways glance, I thought he was going to figure out that that brother was evil and the reason the town was destroyed.

2. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I think it was the realisation that there were twins clicking in and at the last second he turned. There could also be a few character traits in there before it clicked that there were twins considering how heavily this episode focused on the fact that it doesn't all have to be hopeless, murderous and miserable.When i think about it a bit more it does seem like he was just a bit distraught at how happy life could be before everything went down, when there was no constant murder, brutality and death. There was hope. It was a moment i'd like to draw as a parallel to Carl in 4x09.

#2 TGO, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  3. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I also wonder why it looked like he got a sudden revelation. He saw that more smug faced twin and was like "HE IS THE SOURCE OF THIS EVIL!" and got bit and couldn't tell the others when he had so suddenly learned the truth!

4. Wombat

Wombat Member

Sidelong eyes brother was watching his present day walker self creep up behind Tyreese. That's how I saw it.... Seeing how the whole ep was going for the 'deep, meaningful & existential' angle. *shrug*

5. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

My take is that the whole episode was about the importance of keeping your eyes open, not turning away when things are horrific. It was a recurring visual: the group would walk past something that no longer caught their attention even cursorily, but Tyreese would gaze at it as if memorializing it by doing so.

World's greatest irony: by gazing so intently at what was, he ignored what is: the freakin' zombie twin coming up behind him.

6. Hershell Walker

I think he saw Twin#1 dead on the bed as he was checking the rooms. Looking at the photo made him realize that there was Twin#2 somewhere in the house... then you know what happens next. I don't think there is any more meaning behind that scene than that because I don't see them sticking around Richmond any longer.

7. Austannibal

Austannibal Member

My first thought was that the picture reminded him of Mika and Lizzie and it threw him off. One twin was all happy and having a blast (Mika). And then the other twin had a twisted look on his face, as if he was plotting something (Lizzie).

8. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Wasn't there one zombie brother locked in a bedroom on the way in? I think seeing the picture, he was wondering, "where is the other brother?"

9. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Personally, I think that he was just drawn into the visuals of people living actual life before the apocalypse. They don't get much of a chance to see that anymore and he was lost in thoughts of the life before. I never thought one twin was evil and one was good. They just seemed like twins with different personalities having a good time. The moment of realization that Tyreese had was that he kind of "snapped out of it" and realized that world doesn't exist anymore. Unfortunately it was a moment too late.

10. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

^^^What CoyoteTWD said. I think Tyreese struggled as much as or more than anyone else insofar as before/after is concerned. Some just say, "This is life now. I will not think about life before." Others that could think of nothing but the life before are already dead. How long has it been since he's been in a home, esp. the home of someone he knows personally, with pictures of people he knows or has heard of? I think those pix just smacked him square in the intersection of Heart Street and Head Blvd. And the rest is history.

• Like Like x 1
  11. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Zackly. there is no room for complacency in TWD world:zombies_cool:

12. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Tyreese was upset those pictures were tacked on the wall instead of framed. I mean, who does that? :zombies_shocked:

13. Daryl's Owl

Daryl's Owl Member

reminders of him and Sasha as kids, nuff said

14. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Fantastic post. I really like your explanation, it ties right into the title, "What Happened and What's Going On".

15. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

He should have known to clear all the rooms in a house before relaxing. Thought our characters got passed this a long time ago. Made no sense to me why he stared at the pic before clearing the house. He put Noah and himself in HUGE jeapordy by wandering around staring at pictures before clearing any zombies left in that house.

#15 Spidey, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  16. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Couldn't agree more. But Ty has made mistake after mistake for a long time. He left Martin alive who ended up eating Bob's leg. He left the plaid shirt father alive on the train tracks and he attacked Beth. He believed the Gov completely and told them about Andre leaving. The Gov chased her down. So I wasn't surprised that he made another mistake which got him killed. I'm just surprised that he didn't get anyone else killed.

17. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

In Ty's defense, Queen Bitch Carol could've taken down plaid shirt guy, too ;)

18. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Very very true. But if I remember correctly Carol was holding Judith at the time? That would have left it up to Ty. I was surprised at the time that he didn't tell Carol to walk the kids further down the tracks and then he would take out that guy. I would be concerned that he would come back as a walker and follow me with the baby crying and all.

I feel that Ty was just the kind of person to hold on to his humanity no matter what the price. And that was his choice so that's okay. I wish it hadn't had consequences for others. He wasn't my favorite character, but I loved him alot when he forgave Carol. And he didn't forgive her because it was the right thing to do, he forgave her because he understood how she could make such a mistake and how much it hurt her that she did.

19. RatFeeder

RatFeeder Member

I was confused too, also was it just me but in the pictures why did one twin always seem to be darker or in the shadows and the other one was brighter? Just my imagination?

20. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

This is a good point too. He had a conversation with Sasha in the mid-season finale about them holding on to the way they were when they were kids.