Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why did Tyrese look so distraught when looking at

Discussion in 'Episode 509 - What Happened and What's Going On' started by Ania, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

True, but at least all those other mistakes were in the name of morality and being the good guy. This was just stupidity.

2. Monitor Man

Monitor Man Member

Does anyone here have a pic of the twins? it'd be interesting to see it again.

3. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

4. Lupey

Lupey Member

Tyreese did clear the house. He came down the hallway, and there was a walker stuck behind the closed door straight of ahead of him. Nothing on the left but wall (if I remember correctly). Door to the right was open with no walkers inside. Now how did the walker get the door open?

5. batongal

batongal Active Member

Ty was just caught up in a glimpse at Noah's life and family pre ZA. The thing is that Scott Gimple said when Ty was staring at the picture it dawned on him that there was another brother and snapped out of it but it was too late. This makes no sense to me because Ty did know there was a walker in one of the rooms. If anything he should have checked that connecting bathroom.

6. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

But Noah had already mentioned his specific family: lost his dad in Atlanta, while his mom and twin brothers were still at home. "Twin" implies two, Tyreese. I'm not good with numbers, but even I know that. So if you know where one is, wouldn't you be real damn aware of the other?

7. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

Just seemed like they were emphasizing Ty's character traits. Still feeling normal human emotion while looking at a photo of twins and the tragedy that comes with the ZA. In the end, Ty taking time to be all human emo and stuff got him killed.

8. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Well they certaintly didn't do a good job conveying it. Perhaps that needed more time for him to reflect on the pictures and why he cared before he got bit. Why rush that moment?

#28 Spidey, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  9. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Ty had already noted the other behind the door and I think he saw the pics and assumed it was the other brother, but just didn't realize there was another door for him to exit thru. I think that the theme of siblings was big on his mind. Look at his story line involving siblings, Lizzie and Mica, Beth and Maggie, Sasha and himself. And then Noah and his brothers, all the siblings coming to grief and the hurt over each other and what they've been through.

10. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Could be wrong but I thought Twin#1 was behind the closed bed room door he walked by and Twin#2 was on the bed, but he walked past him to look at the pictures and didn't check him to make sure he'd been put down. That kid did the best walker sneak attack -- and what a bite? Like he was diving into a Big Mac or something.

11. JMac

JMac Member

How is it that I knew there was another brother just from listening to the convo between Ty and Noah in the truck before Ty and even Scott Gimple figured out there was another brother? I guess I'm smarter than I thot I was . On another note: Generally when I walk into a room with a conjoined bathroom/ and or bedroom and I even just take a quick glance over, I notice it. Even if its just a closest, and if the door is shut I assume: A closest. But this door was open so even it still makes no sense to me why he didn't clear it, or even give that room a peek, a glance. This whole scene was so baffling to me in so many ways! It was just like the writer said, "we need to kill Ty in this episode." How? "quick and shocking." Cause all the survivors shld be pretty smart at this point, and all the viewers know this- so lets just dress it up and bring back the gov.... Ok ill get off my kick, just the whole scene made me take a 100067th take, and still I haven't figured it out. Makes me feel like Scott Gimple thinks I am dumb and I'm not all that dumb.

12. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

This. It doesn't matter if Tyreese suddenly realized there was another brother because he knew there was a walker in the next room. So, unless there was a picture of the open bathroom door there wasn't anything on that wall that should have so surprised him.

13. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Who was the dead/not-turned guy in the bed? Looked more like an adult white male than a black teen male. Ty looked at it before walking over to the wall, and he certainly knows his walkers/dead folks by now.

I hate it when writers are lazy w/ characters. I can totally understand everything that happened after the bite: the conversations, the panic, the final decision and its peace. But the way he got bit? Feels like a disservice to the character. If they wanted to argue that his humanity got him bitten and ultimately led him to let go, there were other ways to do that.