Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why Did Wall Start Bleeding at End?

Discussion in 'Episode 605 - Now' started by Brahmabull, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

I was thinking this. I cant think of any way even with holes in that blood would seep through a wall and run down the other side like that.

2. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

I just rewatched the scene but I don't know man.

3. drifter77

drifter77 Member

Wait, what?? So Spencer climbs down off the lookout platform, onto the walker side (or else Deanna would have seen his body next to the hole on the inside) and somehow, amidst 1000 walkers manages to shoot himself with an assault rifle (rather awkward)? Hmmmmm.....You'll probably tell me next that there's an Asian kid under a dumpster someplace....

In Spencer's last scene, I expected him to pull a flask of booze out of his jacket, rather than crackers. I figured he'd get wasted and have his back turned as Glenn shoots up his flare.

4. AntoineDR

AntoineDR New Member

It is the only logical thing I could come up with. Why else would fresh blood start oozing from a single bullet hole in the wall? A zombie poked his super-human finger through it? You hear a gun shot in the scene after he eats the cracker. Rewatch it.

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Spencer didn't shoot himself. The look-out landing he was standing on was on the entirely different side of the safe zone from where Deanna walked by. There are two look-out lofts. He was on the other one.

There was just bolt holes or something in the fence, and the blood pressing through from the pressure of the walkers being pinned against the wall.

6. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I'm honestly surprised that there is even this much debate over this scene. You can plainly see that there's a row of about three rivet holes right there. They kind of make a point of letting us see it. They aren't bullet holes and it isn't a split forming in the wall. It's walker blood, because the ones in the front row are getting pressed against the wall. There happened to be some rivet holes in that spot for the blood to seep through.

I've seen a ton of people elsewhere that are absolutely convinced that Spencer killed himself, or even that Deanna killed Spencer, which is an absurd suggestion. I really didn't think that this scene left much for interpretation, short of the symbolic meaning of how the wall is not impenetrable.

7. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

what they should try to do is this:

at the front gate or even another section of the fence with less walkers, they should build a chute where they can try to funnel the walkers into a kill zone and slowly try to get rid of them in a manageable/controlled way

unfortunately, they probably lack the materials and/or ability to build this so the wall is going to come down in a section and they are all going to overwhelm the compound at once

8. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

you are either a troll or the most obtuse person in the U.S.A. who watched the show last night

9. Lian

Lian Member

It could be anything.

Best guess (on my part) is that it's Glenn dripping that loosers blood, while trying to climb the wall.
    (the gate obvious is not available right now)

Could also be a badly injured Enid ?
    Or... or.....or....
    :zombies_confused:

10. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

I don't understand the confusion about this. The sheet metal is held together in places by rivets. The force of the walkers is causing the rivets to come loose, enough so that blood seeps through the hole that the rivet runs through. Its just like how a ship blows a rivet and water starts coming through. I think that is also the symbol they are going for; they are all on a sinking ship. The wall is giving in to the pressure and in a matter of time it will break.

11. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I didn't hear the gun shot, but I will listen for it next time. Anyone could have fired it though. Can we tell from the edges of the whole if the shot came from the inside, or is the image too blurry?

Initially I just figured the blood was seeping in from the same holes Enid used to insert rebar to climb out. But if this is blood dripping down the wall from a new hole, that is way more interesting.

12. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

I really dont see the walkers knocking the wall down or pushing through the panels.The human body become pulp at 20ksi.

13. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

Yeh! I assumed it was walker blood as well. Ready for the mid-season ambush

14. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

Yes, but with the amount if walkers pushing on the wall, it will be knocked down at the end of episode 7, ready for the mid-season finale.

15. Chassit

Chassit Member

I am pretty certain that it was a stress fracture.

16. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Yes, when the semi truck hit the wall and the tower, the structural integrity of that portion was compromised.

17. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

I see the walkers compromising the gate before the wall. The gate is still the weakest link in the structure even after the truck hit the wall.
    I calculated the force that the truck hit the wall with was around 160000 lbs. I dont see the the walkers even remotely reproducing an equivalent force.
    Even with a stress fracture dont think they can generate the amount of force required to continue the fracture . Ultimate shear is around 42 ksi for structural steel.
    But then again it may give in from fatigue stress.

18. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

According the AMC's recap it is blood seeping through a crack in the wall.

"Deanna walks up to the gate with renewed determination, watching the walkers banging at the fence. She bangs back. As she walks away, we see blood start leaking through a crack in the wall".

19. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

I came to this thread looking for answers, this one seems the most logical. There are more walkers joining all the time, therefore the pressure at the front is increasing, the corrugated wall looks under no stress, there is a dent off to the left hand side but it looks old and its on the inside. If they are not intimating increased pressure, perhaps it is just symbolic and has no relevance at all.

20. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

There are Southern walkers. They ain't that bright, y'all.