Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why do some walkers hide and pop out of nowhere?

Discussion in 'Episode 502 - Strangers' started by Spidey, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I ask because the walker that popped out of the water to grab Bob made no sense. Why wasn't that walker out of the water and trying to bite the group as soon as they entered the room just like the rest of the Walkers?

It makes no sense to me that some walkers are smart enough to hide for a surprise kill or bite. I hate when the show does this. Anyone else feel the same?

2. Walker3895

Walker3895 Member

I think in this particular scene bob moving around near the walker may have moved something that was pinning the walker down...but you are correct i also hate when shows or movies do that

3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Walkers just will not follow rules.

4. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I don't think it was "hiding." You can see bubbles as Bob's wading through the water getting closer to it, so I think it must have been pinned down somehow and just gotten free.

5. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Yes, I don't think they're hiding. I agree with the pinned down theory. It's a Goodwill type place, I'm sure if the floor caves in, there is a tonof crap to get stuck under. Lots of episodes have shown us walkers in a sleep mode, with no movement at all until there is a disturbance.

6. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

portals obviously

7. Lxwad

Lxwad Member

In that scene they knocked over some shelves on three of the walkers and they were under water.

8. maw

maw Member

Hibernation mode, kind of like the borg in star trek if you are familiar with that line of thought. If it somehow fell under water and couldn't stand up again for some reason (lost legs, etc.), it shutdown until something came near it.

9. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

It's because they're assholes.

10. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

In the books they're referred to as lurkers. I don't recall it being specifically mentioned through dialogue on the show, but we've seen examples such as the one that got Hershel's leg.

Roamers and lurkers...

11. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

Can't a walker take a nice soak without being said they are hiding?

12. HeadHunter

HeadHunter Member

Some are Walkers, Some are Stalkers.

13. Ed Dim

Ed Dim Member

I think the walker was temporarily trapped under or by something.

However, I'm still trying to figure out the sneak peek of next week where Sasha is standing still in the woods, looking through the scope with her own breathing the only sound - and multiple walkers are suddenly right there. Ain't nobody shuffling through the woods without making a single sound. I know they have to come up with situations to make us jump out of our seats, but come on. That's just lazy writing.

14. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Since they pop out of nowhere, shouldn't these ones be called poppers?

15. sam12six

sam12six Member

The part that slays me is that the zombies are such hams. If there's no camera on them, they're usually silent. As soon as they're in frame, they start hissing and moaning.

They're all out to steal the scene...

16. Jato

Jato Member

Because plot convenience.

But nah, most likely explanation I can think of is walkers going into a sleep-like state when they've gone without food for some time. Then when they sniff a meal, they spring back to life. Or unlife or whatever.

17. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

And not just any asshole, but "that" guy... the one that likes to jump out and scare the shit out of people type of asshole.

18. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I must be so used of seeing Glenn topics, because I could have sworn that 'pop' said 'poop' in this threads title...

19. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Member

that one actually got away from the znation set

20. Walker Caravan

I got that the thing was pushed under with the shelves... pushing the shelves over was just one more dumb move in a string of dumb moves. What I didn't get was how SO Much air got trapped under there with the thing. Those bubbles were just like rapid boil bubbles and went on and on... you can't get bubbles like that with a lung full of air and expelling it all at the same time. It'd just be "bloop" and done. How'd he not see that? Once that shelf got pushed I knew someone was either going under or getting an ankle bite.