Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why do you think Negan went easy on Gabriel?

Discussion in 'Episode 805 - The Big Scary U' started by zombie_basher, Nov 21, 2017.

1. zombie_basher

zombie_basher Member

Watching their dynamic is fascinating. But it caused me to wonder why Negan was so merciful toward Gabriel. Sure people are a resource we only kill the leaders yadda yadda yadda, but he has specific reason to kill Gabriel and not be so nice to him. It's kinda 3 strikes you're out type of situation, hell maybe even more.

First Gabriel lied to him about Maggie's death but it seems Negan forgot. Then he pissed him off by prodding about his murders, wives and trying to get a confession. Finally he takes a shot at him and twice before we've seen that does not end well, Olivia was killed and Eugene captured because of Rosita but then again Lucille was of course shot, and Daryl tortured just for punching him. Also Negan hates cowards and weaklings, traits Gabriel somewhat showed. Also he helped attack the sanctuary AND revealed he helped at the satellite station. But all he gets is a mild punch to the face and stuck in a cell, and treated gently on top of that. Negan just seemed EXTREMELY forgiving for some reason. What do you think?

In any case I enjoy the special dynamic Negan has with each of the core characters that he captures and holds at the Sanctuary. He has also been getting more gentle and lenient with each one, have you noticed that?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I think a big part of it is that no one was around - Negan finds little purpose in killing anyone if it isn’t to control others. I’m sure the fact that he’s one of Rick’s men kept him alive for later use.

3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I think Negan respects people who stand by their beliefs, and stand up to him. Hey, he kept Rick and Daryl alive, didn't he? ;)

4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Negan has some kind of values after all. I guess even if he is a crazy son of a pissing pant maker he still see people as a resource and is not Gareth who saw people as food. I think if Negan would somehow win, He would allow them all back into the tributary system and even recruit some of the best soldiers/fighters into his own lieutenant system or as his guards and soldiers or even the skilled people. The guy is crazy but he sees talent, Eugene, Daryl, even Rick. Knowing Rick was a good leader for his community, trusted and an experienced survivor and scavenger.