Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why is Madison so stupid?

Discussion in 'Episode 212 - Pillar of Salt' started by JustPlainMe, Sep 18, 2016.

1. JustPlainMe

JustPlainMe Member

Every time I think she is growing half a brain, she does something stupid! :zombies_confused: Why would you do something that is going to draw EVERYONE from miles around? Why?

And poor Alicia. She's constantly overshadowed by Nick.

2. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Madison isn't thinking obviously but at least her stupid plan is helping lead Travis back to her.
    And judging by his face I think he made Chris look at the flowers.

[​IMG]

#2 LadyGrimes, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  3. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I think Chris and the bros abandon Travis. We saw a scene like that in the 2b trailer. But yeah Madison is so dumb.... She was being really smart recently but she's too obsessed over Nick and did something incredibly risky, twice, which is hurting her credibility. Elena and Alicia are furious. My mom was incredibly pissed and doesn't want to watch FTWD anymore haha that's how mad she was!

4. Chaos

Chaos Member

That's an ongoing problem with the show which makes it hard to watch. The chronic stupidity. Even the more with it characters still turn around and do totally dumb stuff. Its aggravating. There was no Chris in this episode so at least we have that.

#4 Chaos, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  5. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

She is too stupid o have survived so long, I can't watch the show she annoys me. Isn't she dead yet?

6. JustPlainMe

JustPlainMe Member

Every time I start to like her, thinking she is going to turn into a decent leader, she does something stupid. Like Alicia said, Nick left them! If he wanted to be with them, he'd be there. Sheesh!

7. NotDeanna

NotDeanna New Member

Why should the show be any different than real life? People do stupid crap every day.

8. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

How come all these people who simply can not watch this show anymore come here every week to bitch off about it?

9. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Am i the only one who thinks this is overblown? A lot of people might suspect a trap if that light came on. Why would they go so far for no reason just because a light came on? Only people who were missing lost loved ones might be interested.

She's not "too stupid" to survive. Father gabriel survived by himself for 2 years in the ZA and he couldn't even fire a gun properly. You don't exactly have to be smart or skilled if you are in the right situations.

#9 Spidey, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Just plenty of practice I bet........Like most of us.

Addiction is a Family Disease as they say.

#10 EZD, Sep 19, 2016
  11. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Some of the more experienced survivors from the original show may be suspicious of this activity but it is still pretty early on in Fear and a lot of people would flock to this hotel for the possibility that they have some electric. If it were a trap, I feel like they would snare a lot of unsuspecting people

12. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

I think it might be too early in ZA for people to fret over whether it is a trap or not. What has it been a week, 10 days or so since LA fell? It was dumb move but she was only thing of one thing and that was trying to attract Nick to her location.

13. Znuts

Znuts Member

That was incredibly stupid and the writers tried to pass it off and "blind motherly love", which is awful reasoning on the writers part. The only good thing to come of this stupidity though is that it looks like it will draw Travis to the hotel, so that's nice. Maddie was also stupid to go all rambo inside the Cartel's base, trying to press them for info. If that happened in real life, the Cartel probably would have killed her and not thought twice about it. Hopefully Alicia's talk with her slapped her out of any notion that Nick would come back to her.

14. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I was pretty surprised by her 2 actions.
    1) Running into the interrogation thinking they were talking about Nick (although they were) and
    2) Turning on a bright red light. Someone correct me, but would that even be seen 15 miles away which is the reported distance from the hotel to where Nick is?

They had Madison showing great potential as a ZA leader even earlier in the show dealing with the bride's mother. Then she does things like this. Too stupid. BUT people usually want what they can't have and in this case it's Madison wanting Nick back (unfortunately). Plus it sets up the next 2 episodes with a ton of people showing up at the hotel and how they deal with that.

15. Znuts

Znuts Member

I think we're about a month or so post fall of LA. The military kept them in that little safe zone at their home in LA for a week or more before they left and the fire bombing didn't start until after that, so I think we're probably a month or so into the apocalypse.

16. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

My first "huh?" moment was the surfing lesson scene. We saw in the episode on the island that they had to erect a fence across the beach to keep out the infected that would wash up on the beach. And the episode where Travis was cleaning out the intake for the boat had the infected still surviving underwater. So here we have Madison leading a small horde of the infected off the side of the pier to clear them out of the hotel, and supposedly there's a rip current carrying them away, but who's to say there aren't infected from other areas drifting by who might reach up and grab you from your surfboard? I'm sorry, but I'm not hanging out in the water any time soon.

Of course, they never actually went in the water, so maybe practicing on the sand is all they were going to do. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

17. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

It was definitely a roll of the dice to turn on the Hotel lights. Definitely her stupidest moment yet. lol
    There are many people out there surviving, not just Nick....as she well knows. What makes her think Nick is the only one that is going to see those lights.....or that he will even know it's her much less want to come.

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Considering the last two episodes someone needs to declare Alicia as leader, give that girl a crown and scepter post haste

For the record I do not ride on the Hate Madison wagon. I do think that Maddie is far too emotional at times whereas Alicia has proven as of late to be the more pragmatic of the two.

And while off topic a bit, I am so so curious what Madison's reaction will be upon the return of Travis. Maddie has far too much she is trying to reconcile and does not need the added burden's that I fear Travis will try to lay at her feet. Re-join the group - okay, but would prefer to see their particular relationship fall by the wayside. While Madison has her faults (that are all tied to her need to hover over Nick), I would prefer to see her in relationship with someone who is more her equal in regard to her view of the world as it stands now. With that said I would also be more than okay with her not having a relationship of any kind other than friendship (i.e. her relationship with Strand)

#18 Dnae, Sep 19, 2016
  19. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

Because Fear, while having some great moments, is mostly a complete mess when it comes to the writing & character development.
    The main character, Madison, makes shitty mistakes and is never learning from them. Nick is a selfish disillusioned asshole, Strand is basically taking up space, Ofelia is left floating out in space, Travis is barely touched upon and thus has to cram as much story in an episode due to Nick's new home & Maddys dumbass ride taking up the majority of screentime, and Chris is Shane 2.1. Alicia is the only character to be likable, with the rest of the world being wasted on the writing.
    BUT...why do I watch it? Because there are legit good moments and scenes, and these are worth digging through the muck for.
    Should I jump ship and nope out based on stupid parts? Maybe, but that won't stop people from tuning in this October for TWD.

20. Poppy

Poppy Member

IDK if it would be visible.
    There are three things that need to be considered, and I don't really know the answers to any of them.

1. "The geographic range is the maximum distance at which the curvature of the earth permits a light to be seen from a particular height of eye without regard to the luminous intensity of the light.
    The hotel is above the beach, sea level, and the top of the hotel is 17 stories ~ 170 feet. That would be high enough for a person standing at sea level without anything blocking his line of sight.
    If there are mountains in the way.. no visibility.
    We can see Travis is looking at the light from the top of whatever mountain he is on, with a valley between.

2. meteorological conditions...
    on a clear day... one can see 5-11 nautical miles .. so not even on a clear day/night.
    on what is considered VERY Clear... one can see 11-27 Nautical miles ... so, maybe
    Exceptionally clear allows greater than 27 miles

3. the intensity of the light and lack of additional light pollution, and acuity of one's night vision adaptation.
    The intensity of the light would vary if the light was reflectored and aimed in a particular direction, in other words if it was aimed EAST, but the observer was looking from NORTH, the direction of the beam would be much less intense in his direction, and he would not see it as well, or perhaps not at all, as one who was looking from the East.

Some of the above information was taken from
    http://www.sailnet.com/forums/her-sailnet-articles/21020-light-lists-lighthouses-visible-ranges.html