Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why is Michonne a slut int he comics?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Characters' started by Sasha, Apr 21, 2013.

1. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

There are plenty of people in the world today like that. Despite my crabby rant in previous post (not meant to be directly at you btw - I kind of went off target) I do not condone going after another woman's man at all.

2. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

it's actually kind of common for rape victims not to mention you have no idea how people would cope with what is happening here. Only tyreese was with another woman. She even said she thought Heath was out of a relationship.

3. R0v

R0v Member

Cheating needs two people, did Michonne hold her katana to the neck of the guys and forced them to have sex with her? She's not some random chick who made their boyfriends cheat on them, if they did they were shitty boyfriends to begin with.

4. NapalmSoup

NapalmSoup Member

Ahh, THAT's why you don't like filthy whores..

5. Sasha

Sasha Member

yeah, that's why I don't like you :Grin: jk

6. NapalmSoup

NapalmSoup Member

I took a vow of celibacy because my bank account couldn't handle paying for any more abortions..

7. filthyastronaut

The thing is, Michonne is open sexually, as seen with Tyreese initially. She also seems to be attracted to black men, and it's totally normal to gravitate towards your own race sexually. You seem to focus on her sexuality as the only aspect of her character, seeing as it seems to ruin her entire character for you. Doing what she did with Tyreese wasn't right by any means, but she is at least just as guilty as Tyreese is, who is arguably even worse in that situation. Morgan was damaged, but again, it was his decision to have his relationship with Michonne (why don't you even want to mention this, exactly?). Nothing really indicates that Michonne was only wanting Heath because he was having issues with Denise. More than likely, she just took that opportunity because she wanted to have sex, and if Heath gave in, it's his goddamn choice. It's generally a good idea to stay away from someone who is taken, but that person has to reciprocate as well. You should be condemning Tyreese too if you wanted to be consistent and fair. Or you could be even more fair and look at each of the characters as humans who make mistakes and aren't perfect, instead of letting it ruin characters because of your ridiculous standards. While sexuality is a huge part of Michonne's character, Michonne isn't her sexuality. This isn't even accounting for what happened to her and the possible psychological implications.

Carol is the only one who killed herself. Tyreese and Michonne didn't maliciously inflict severe psychological trauma on Carol, this was not a situation where you can clearly name a culprit (especially Michonne of all people). What Carol did was horrible. I don't necessarily condemn opting out in this situation, but she abandoned her child in a horrible world. What she did to Sophia was worse than what Tyreese or Michonne did to her.

#27 filthyastronaut, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  8. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Maybe most people wouldnt have sex on the brain but there has to be atleast a small group that would be saying **** it

9. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I'd be having enough sex that hopefully my last act on this earth was having sex.

10. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

fingers crossed

11. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

My luck I'd die before I finish

12. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

wow i was not expecting that

13. Ms.MistMoonz

Ms.MistMoonz Member

I have that song 'Promiscuous Girl' stuck in my head now..

14. Mewchonne

Mewchonne New Member

Don't hate me because you ain't me.

Also you forgot to mention she was a BADASS slut. I think we need more characters like her...women like sex too, get over it!

Don't make me get out the spoon.
    :hatchet:

Edit: And I have a lot to say about how ****ing incredible it is that she was able to re-embrace her sexuality after being raped. She was able to find comfort in Tyreese and move past it and become who she was again. And I DARE you to tell me we don't need that shit in the media. WE DO. Michonne is a treasure.

#34 Mewchonne, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  15. Mewchonne

Mewchonne New Member

Woah like excuse me, when Carol slit her wrists Michonne actually felt remorse. Tyreese was the one who acted pissy about it, and even so they both felt like shit about what they did. It was a bad thing to do. A lot of characters in the comic did bad things. I don't think anyone is excusing what she did, but it doesn't make her a bad character or a 'whore'.

16. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

She's not a slut she just had a healthy sexual appetite.

17. mishone

mishone Member

I don't like the way RK wrote this into her chatacter in the comic, maybe he is prejudice SOB. I also notice that the black male characters don't last long on the show. And now Glenn dies by Lucille, the only Korean-American on the show. Just a thought.

18. Sarah-kate

Sarah-kate Member

Woah... No slut shaming Although I'm glad they left this side of her out the show... Even if she has bumped uglies with Rick... Who wouldn't

19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I was wondering for a second if Ezekiel would bring Rick some competition but I have a feeling they won't go there because most of the audience can't handle that type of thing without going into an outrage.

20. phoebeusfenix

phoebeusfenix New Member

If I was in the ZA id likely be trying to reproduce like bunnies. Between all the foraging and general nastiness of the lifestyle - I'm sure a little release wouldn't be a bad thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk