Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why is Rick so pissed at Michonne?

Discussion in 'Episode 309 - The Suicide King' started by undeadchick, Feb 11, 2013.

1. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly Andrea showed up before Michonne could do the finishing blow on the Governor.

2. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Yeah, because in the entire 8 months they were together Andrea never told her that she was with a group on Herschell's farm, lead by a cop called Rick, who had this wife Lori who was pregnant. And there were these guys Dale and Shane. Yeah, I bet that never came up. Andrea even specifically says to Michonne in one episode "I told you everything".

Michonne knew exactly who they were but chose not to share the information. If I was Rick I'd be pissed-off at her closed-mouthedness as well, but I'd be even more pissed off at the writers.

3. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

If I hadn't slept in 10 days I think I'd be fairly jacked up as well. However the fact that nobody is sticking up for Michonne leads me to believe that beyond the few words to Hershel she really hasn't said much to anyone. I'd tend to look at that person sideways as well because let's all be honest with ourselves. If Michonne showed up to your group as she did to Ricks. Would you trust her?

4. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

Michonne was listening when Merle took Glen and Maggie and she knew Andrea and Merle were from the same group so its not hard to figure out. Also Andrea said to Michonne "you know everything about me"

5. IQDeficit

IQDeficit Member

But they are not the only people in the world with those names. I am giving her the benefit of the doubt.

6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

During their seven months surviving together, Andrea told Michonne everything that happened to herself, but Michonne never devulged anything in return.

Michonne knew she found Andrea's old group, but only cared a little about that. (she did bring the baby formula to the prison, after all). Michonne told them enough to drive her to Woodbury, so she could kill the Governor.

7. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

This.

8. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

Yes, but Merle made it very clear it was his old group which she knew was Andreas old group. Michonne knows or why else did she look so worried when Merle told the group about Andrea being in Woodbury? Because she was tryign to hide it.

9. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

I think it's more complicated than that. Rick chased Andrew into a zombie infested yard without finishing him off. It's because Rick didn't kill Andrew that Lori died. If he had killed Andrew Lori would potentially still be alive. That's what's eating him up.

10. booksrbetter

booksrbetter Member

Maybe Rick is "The Suicide King"? He is doing all sorts of things that will lead to his death (and everyone else). He leads dangerous rescue missions, and then he has begun to turn every one away when he is in desperate need of more fighters to defend the prison. Rick should be talking to Michonne, she could be a valuable asset, instead he does everything he can to rid himself of her. He doesn't want to take responsibility for any more deaths, but he must recognize on some level that his actions will lead to the death of everyone in the prison.

11. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Rick should be (and probably is) blaming himself and the whole group for not having a lookout after throwing Andrew out. What the heck does he think those watch towers are for? These guys spend 7-8 months on the road with sentries at every moment, then they drop their guard and people die. They did at the farm too. Drives me nuts. As to Michonne, saving his baby with formula doesn't count; leading them to Glen and Maggie doesn't count. Rick's going to have a Rictatorship of one if he doesn't start giving newcomers a chance.

12. trinity

trinity Member

She killed Crazy hermit cabin guy, enough said.

13. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

Prior to meeting:
    She does. When Michonne first arrived in Woodbury, Andrea's exchange with Merle [in the sick bay] revealed many familiar names — Rick's came up, so did Daryl's. Again during the powder run between Glenn and Merle.

Post meeting:
    Michonne put a face to his name after Daryl located Carol, and identified Rick infront of her.

All these before the rescue mission in Woodbury.

14. PizzaBoy

PizzaBoy Member

I think Michone needs a bigger role. Anyone who has a katana seems nice to me, lol. Seriously she is badass, I want to see her do more and Rick better watch his stupid rants around her.

15. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Patience. Seems pretty safe Michonne will assimilate into the group as a pivotal player.

16. BronzeBomber

BronzeBomber Member

It probably has more to do with the writers tendency to hit you over the head with a sledgehammer to show emotions in their characters, even if it makes no sense. The guy is now "protective Rick" so he cant let anyone else into the group though they steadily lose people. Its pretty tiresome to watch. In his defense though, I wouldn't want Michonne in the group either. One of the writers accidentally copy and pasted the "scowl" emotion into every scene with her.