Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why is Rick's group not curious?

Discussion in 'Episode 411 - Claimed' started by offrope, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I hadn't thought of that! She isn't worried about finding her own sister? Right after her father got murdered in front of them? That is weird.

2. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it got pointed it out in some thread here. I started thinking and it does seem really odd she didn't mention Beth. People are just getting on Rick when Maggie isn't concerned for her sister that she knows can't survive on her own like Glenn can.

3. ravgrel

ravgrel Member

Maggie: The bus got out, Glenn got out, I'm gonna find him.

Sasha: Maggie, with any luck, the bus is gone.

Maggie: I couldn't find Beth, but I know Glenn got out and I know which way he went.

#43 ravgrel, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  4. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

Very true. Maggie is starting at the only place she knows to find anybody she really cares about and it also happens to be Glenn, her husband. I also think Glenn has been crucial in support in Maggie's world, more so than Beth. Not saying Maggie necessarily loves Glenn more, but losing Glenn after losing her father would mess her up more than losing Beth. Last part is speculation on my part, but that's how I interpret it.

5. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me because Beth is her only immediate family left and they're father was just brutally murdered. That is why it struck me as odd that she wasn't even anxious to find Beth whether dead or alive. Beth is also not a survivalist. Even though Glen is recovering from the flu he has more survival skills than Beth. I just didn't like how that scene played out. It made it seem as if Maggie was more worried about losing Glen. I could see her being torn between who to look for, but I don't see how Glen could be more crucial to Maggie that she would abandon looking for her own sister who is the last remaining thing she has left of her father as well.

#45 Kingston50, Feb 28, 2014
  6. castlemania

castlemania Member

When you lose everyone you love you lose hope. Yes he has Carl but he feels that Judith is dead. The blood stains was enough proof that she was dead. With that being said, I feel like he should know how tough Daryl is and should at least look for him

7. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

True, and I don't think much of Maggie and Glenn for that, either. Darryl -- not sure. I'm thinking he now finally realizes what a fool he was to blindly follow Hershel and Rick into the disaster that occurs, maybe even blaming his own self for questioning why Michonne was still searching for the Gov when Darryl had every reason to do so also, and him giving famrer Rick a free pass and trusting Rick's judgment.

8. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

When Rick stepped down, Daryl was basically in charge during the time skip and a bit during season 4. A lot of blame falls on him, also Rick, but him as well.

9. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I wouldn't put it past Maggie that she loves glenn more than she loves Beth. Remember, they are half sisters only as well.

10. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

Who said anything about abandoning Beth? Maggie sure didn't. She just had a place to start with finding Glenn while she had no idea where to begin to find Beth. Why waste time throwing darts blindfolded when the trail is getting cold with Glenn? If she looked for Beth first, I'd call her a moron for wasting what little knowledge she had in finding Glenn. You work with what you got. And that's the hand Maggie was dealt. Remember, they aren't getting any hours back and time is of the utmost importance.

And yes, I believe Glenn is a greater support foundation than Beth is. Glenn doesn't have to be blood to be a bigger impact if lost. Just my interpretation. I know if I lost my fiancee it would hit me harder than losing any family member. Why, because she's everything to me. She's the reason I keep going. It's not like that for everyone. But on the other side of the coin, not everyone thinks like you do either. Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean that how you view the world is how everyone does. But you could be right too. We can't ask Maggie, so we must infer using her actions.

On top of that, why is everyone giving Maggie such a hard time for wanting to find her husband?? Because of Beth? Right? But no one says anything about Sasha. What does she do. Says she's worried about Ty then helps Maggie find her husband without pushing to find her brother.

Also, the reason Maggie and Glenn are apart is because Maggie got off the bus to look for Beth. Just sayin.

#50 TyberiusFox, Feb 28, 2014
  11. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Is it canon that Beth and Maggie are half-sisters?

12. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

If you don't agree with my comment. Then that is fine. To each is own. I don't see the point in trying to demean what I wrote. We can agree to disagree if that suits you. If you believe your fiance is more important to you than your siblings than that is your prerogative. I'm not debating that.

In my opinion, I found it odd that Maggie dismissed Beth's whereabouts. It was very abrupt and it was not consistent with her reaction to Beth not being on the bus in Too Far Gone. It doesn't matter if she doesn't know where she's at. That is her younger sister who is not adapt to surviving out in the wild.

That's like saying "Oh, we didn't know which way Sophia went so we're just gonna bide our time and chill for a bit." They're father just died and they're home was just destroyed. Beth has NOBODY. Of course, Maggie doesn't know that Daryl is with Beth. But from the standpoint of Beth being a sheltered teenager it was strange to me that Maggie wasn't more concerned if she made it out or not.

You can't compare Tyrese to Beth. Tyrese and Sasha have a different sibling bond than Maggie and Beth. Sasha wasn't frantic about finding Tyrese because she either thinks he's dead or if there is a chance he is alive she knows he can protect himself. Tyrese is a grown man capable of defending himself. Beth is childlike and doesn't have much survival skills. Two completely different things.

#52 Kingston50, Feb 28, 2014
  13. Zombies101

Zombies101 Member

We only saw a few minutes of Maggie, she went to look for Glenn because she knew about where he was. She has no clue where to start to look for Beth, and she may be looking for her since we did not see her in the last episode. We only see small parts of their lives. Maggie and Glenn are naturally going to look for each other, but are being called out on it. Which is odd, because the others are not really looking for each other much either. That said, it's like WHERE to you begin to look? Right now they are all just trying to survive.

14. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes

15. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

I agree but it hasn't turned into that, it always was that. From riding into Atlanta on a horse on...

16. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

I disagree that it would necessarily be a boring show. The writers would have to do a lot more work coming up with interesting stories and situations so it might be unlikely but it wouldn't be impossible. And I have no problem with characters doing stupid things, it's when they do plot induced stupid things that I get my hackles up.

For example I have no problem with Carl heading into the woods and messing with the walker stuck in the swamp. I do have a problem with Dale walking up to a downed cow, in the dark, all alone and then when he sees it's partially eaten not even bothering to look around!

17. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

I don't find Maggie's actions odd at all. Faced with the enormity of the situation, the loss of the prison, her father being decapitated, Rick Michonne Beth Carl Judith Lizzie Glen Tyreese Mrs. McCleod all missing, etc. it's not unusual for her to focus on a single thing, it's a form of tunnel vision and a normal reaction to this kind of situation. If she focused on everything she would be overwhelmed and become catatonic so she, subconsciously, decided to focus on one thing, one thing she can do something about and that was Glenn. Later, she'll beat herself up for "forgetting" about Beth.

18. Silent Thrill

Silent Thrill Member

i think that by that point he had given up on all but his son.