Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why no Carol hate?

Discussion in 'Episode 403 - Isolation' started by Jhn123, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

This one probably wont be as detailed as what I originally wrote because my laptop deleted the original!!

Anyways, How comes Carol isn't getting loads of hate like Andrea did? One thing people used as an excuse to dislike/hate Andrea is that she didn't listen to orders (but I just think its a cover up because they dont want to admit that its because she shot Daryl). So, back to my pint. Andrea was told not to shoot at Daryl (who she thought was a walker) but she still did it because she wanted to prove herself. Carol (if it was actually her) killed 2 members of the group without any orders to do so and she took 2 loved people's lives. Andrea then hopped the Woodbury wall to kill a walker and what she got in return was "Andrea is such a dumb bitch, why doesn't she listen?!!" and the only persons life Andrea was putting at risk was her own. Carol on the other hand went outside the prison fence to do something that Rick told her not to do and he ended up having to go and help her, so both his and Carol's lives were put at risk because she didn't listen.

Please note that I don't want you to tell me why you hate Andrea, just keep on topic. Also, please read other comments before posting because I hate going around in circles.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

There's a fair share of Carol hate...or at least Carol Dislike and Carol Disagreement....its just that it is spread out so thinly, considering we have approximately 40 threads dedicated to this topic. That gives the illusion that the hate isn't as thick as it really is. :p

3. highway234

highway234 Member

I think you may have answered your own question here. Still waiting to see what really happened and, if Carol really did do it, what her reasons were.

I was never really a big Andrea hater but did always find her concern-trolling, busy-body demeanor a bit annoying, same way I found Dale a bit annoying. not trying to say why people hate Andrea! Just saying Carol might not get the same sort of hate because she has a very different demeanor. If anything, Carol's sorta creepily detached.

4. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

There's a ton; you missed such delightful arguments last night like People saying Shane's attempted Murder of Rick was more justified. I'm now defending Carol because like Andrea she's a very complex character with a lot of potential and i don't want a similar Situation to happen with her as what happened to Andrea and Lori. This whole fanbase just repeats itself over and over with character after character after character. When Carol dies they'll look for the next female to call "a danger to everyone" "untrustworthy" "a bitch" "a dumb slut" among other things.

I do believe it was Carol and just like with the other two females that came before her i understand why she did what she did. She thought it was right and took Action.

5. BringBackShane

She's growing balls and did what she thought was right. Glad she broke out of her shell.

6. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

The thing is Carol would not have done this if it was one of the season2 group who were sick. If it was Maggie or Glenn ill first she would not have done it. Like Rick said, "I didn't know David much...did him or Karen have enemies?" - I am willing to bet Carol wasn't too involved with either of them as well.

7. tink

tink Well-Known Member

The difference between some of Shane's actions and Carol's alleged actions is that Carol seems to have thought she was acting in the best interests of the group, where Shane's were in the best interest of Shane.

And yeah, there are some people who are all prepared to hate Carol. I am looking at it the same way I looked at Carl's actions last year. He really did the wrong thing, and murdered someone (which can't be justified), but I want him (and Carol) to come back from their actions. So we'll see. That's also a difference, in that Shane never came back from his actions, he just got progressively worse.

8. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

To be fair Glenn admitted though he knows its wrong, he'd sacrifice any number of people for one of their own.

9. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

But what if it is actually her? I still don't think she will get half the hate Andrea did for her actions.

10. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

I'm not going to make my mind up about what I think about her until its proved that she actually did it because I don't believe her for some reason. I hope it wasn't her because I already kind of dislike her.

11. tink

tink Well-Known Member

12. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

I haven't seen any threads about it. I didn't read the Shane and Carol ones because it just looked annoying. I just cant see any "Carol needs to die" Carol is a bitch" "Why Carol is dumb" threads or posts.

13. Busted Flipflop

Well Carol's "bad" behavior has just started, so to speak. The hostility towards Andrea developed over an entire season and several episodes. People are also still trying to figure Carol out. Remember, she barely had lines and was even credited as a guest star. Now out of the blue Carol has more lines and a story line. Its like a new character was added. So, time is needed before we can figure out whether to like or hate Carol.

Also, I think most of us are rooting for Carol. In my opinion Carol and T-Dog were the most ignored characters even though they hung around long enough. Carol was like a character underdog and we've been waiting for her to either die or step up. She was a victim of spousal abuse, lost her daughter, and then had to kill her walker-child. She is the only maternal character on the show, and right now besides Michionne, she is appearing to be the strongest female character. So she has a lot going for her. Unfortunately Maggie often seems distraught like she's about to lose it, or is being protected by Glenn because he thinks she's pregnant all the time.

So there you have it.

14. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

15. ZombieFlanders

One reason might be that the Andrea hate had the time too bloom over several seasons while this Situation kinda fell from the sky and we still didn't see the whole picture yet.
    Also there was a huge disapointment in comparing Andrea to her comic counterpart while its the oposite for Carol.

16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Give it time. People don't know what happened yet. There probably weren't many of those threads about Andrea either right away after she did some stupid things. These things take time. ;)

17. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

Also Carol really didn't have any right to kill them. If it was her, then why didn't she kill that little girl when she said she was ill? She can't just pick and choose who gets a chance.

18. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Most of those threads didn't have it in the title but in the comments by several users. i think of the mods merged them all.

19. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

....the less carol is on my tv screen the better the show is... can't wait til ty beats her lame ass to death with his bare hands.

20. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

There really was!! I will give it time but at the minute I just find it annoying how Carol has been let off but Andrea didn't. Also, you don't see Melissa Mcbride getting death threats on twitter either...