Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why no Carol hate?

Discussion in 'Episode 403 - Isolation' started by Jhn123, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Fergrim

Fergrim Member

Can we just steal one of the ones you use for your classes? :( You can set the terms!

*casts edit timer 9* But I think I made it pretty clear in that last one, it just seemed disingenuous to respond in that fashion. I feel much better though now that I've vented, thank you :)

#461 Fergrim, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  2. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Drat. Missed the original airing and had to catch this one in reruns.

#462 westwingnut, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  3. 1618

1618 Well-Known Member

That is all good and well, but I think that kind of thing is misplaced in this type of argument. These Carol debates are something we have spent a huge amount of time on and have seen endless amounts of stupidity from many of the psycho Carylers. Saying we are the ones instigating this should not be done lightly.

Just saying Mrs. Horn.

4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Well, I will say that at least in the last few pages, the people on the carol side of this debate (none of whom have struck me as major carol fans, it should be noted) seem to be on defense rather than offense. We've sort of moved on and admitted that it was a mistake, but not a malicious act, and certainly not enough to put her past the point where she could ever redeem herself. However, some people still seem to think it was no more justifiable than when the governor killed his army, or when Shane shot Otis. So we'll just have to agree to disagree-- ambiguity is, after all, one of the walking dead's specialties.

Btw, carol slots in at about 6th or 7th on my favorites list, so while I'd say i like her, I wouldn't say that I'm likely to be overly biased towards her.

5. 1618

1618 Well-Known Member

One side is accusing Carol the other is defending, it is just the natural flow of the argument. I refer to instigating that is driven by hate and/or horrible bias, which is not the case here.

6. HondaS2kXD

Agreed.
    [​IMG]

7. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

I don't recall seeing any psycho Carlyer's chiming in or where shipping was brought up. Did you?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Please who could hate our Queen Bitch Carol! This show would crash and burn without her

[​IMG]

You Must All Bow Down To The Queen!! Or face death by being stabbed in the head and burned with Fire!!

9. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Holy funk dat gif is incredible.

10. HondaS2kXD

Lizzie's longest-lasting effect on the walking dead will not be when she fed the rats to help being about the sickness or bring down the fences. It wasnt that she killed her sister and caused carol to kill her and later confess to tyreese. It will be that she inspired the thread where the Bitch Carol meme began. Lol. Thank you, lizzie. You have accomplished more in death than most will ever accomplish in life.

11. 1618

1618 Well-Known Member

No, that's the point.

12. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Ok I think I get your point now. You posted: "These Carol debates are something we have spent a huge amount of time on and have seen endless amounts of stupidity from many of the psycho Carylers."

I was wondering who you meant by 'We' in that statement. You must be referencing 'other' sites with their BS diatribe that I don't participate in, as opposed to what was discussed here earlier. Which was very sane and civilized for the most part.

13. 1618

1618 Well-Known Member

Yes I was referring to Fergrim and I. This was indeed a normal debate, but Horn said that anti-carolers are instigating it, which I why I wrote what I did.

14. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

I never said the word instigating, or even suggested anything like that. Please don't put words in my mouth. I said intensity, meaning you guys seemed very passionate in your debate. There seemed to be a lot of intense feelings behind your opinions, which is all fine and well. I was just pointing it out, as my opinion, which nobody needs to agree with, nor do I expect them to.

15. 1618

1618 Well-Known Member

"I don't see why this is being so blown out of proportion." - That is more of what I was referring to, but regardless it is not an issue.

16. Fergrim

Fergrim Member

And it does seem as if you're using that claim of intensity to avoid addressing the premises and conclusion of the actual argument as it's laid out. But it's sort of a common fallacy and method of sidestepping debate, to attempt to destabilize or discredit an argument by claiming the person making it is overly passionate, or pointing out any variety of emotions behind their words (bitterness is a common one).

But if you just meant to matter of factly point out that long debate posts, are in fact passionate... and those words didn't carry the unstated conclusion (they're an actual thing) that if passionate, therefore, illogical.. well then I'm not sure what you were trying to say..

But if it's just an opinion, then yes, I agree that long debate posts are passionate.

And as a corollary, the grass is green.

17. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It appears both sides are spending an inordinate amount of time with pedantic bickering and one-upmanship rather than addressing the 'debate' if there is one. :p. What thread is this again? Were we talking about Shane?

18. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

The discussion has officially been Horn'd.

19. 1618

1618 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. HondaS2kXD

This thread, like all others, is actually about ms. McLeod.