Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why tell Darl about the Rape(s)

Discussion in 'Episode 211 - Judge, Jury, Executioner' started by Zombie Lover, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

Ive been wondering why Randall told Darryl about the rapes (true or not). Randall is a stupid liar in my opinion but did he think telling Daryl about raping womenn would get Daryl on his side? If were gonna lable people Daryl is the redneck, so did stupid, stupid Randall think "hey this guy looks like hed enjoy raping, maybe I'll tell him and well get outa here" Sure backfired.

2. danger4u

danger4u New Member

I think Randall felt like he wanted to confess to someone. He may have felt guilty about standing by and letting it happen and wanted Daryl to know that his morals do not lie with his other group's.

3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Randall told because he's either ashamed that he did nothing to stop the rapes, or ashamed that he was forced to "have a turn" when the perps were done.

4. marsyao

marsyao Member

so he choose to confess all the bad things his group did When he is savagely beating by someone who is seriously considering to kill him? That Randall guy just lacks common sense and good judgement, I know he is more or less a victim here, but it is hard to show sympathy to him.
    I bet his group must treat him better than Rick, so does bad mouth his own group make him a snitch?

#4 marsyao, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  5. Zombie Lover

Maybe he felt Daryl already knew? Usually when someone is beating you they want you to confess to something bad.

6. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

I think he told "the audience" more than Daryl, wich is kind of iffy writing IMHO.
    Maybe he was just desperate to say anything to stop the smackdown he was getting.

7. Zombie Lover

I got the feeling that although Randall is a stupid liar, he kept trying to tell people what he thought they wanted to hear and would sway them in his favour. Randall tells Carl he could take him and his parents to the group where its safe, he tells Rick not to save Shane after their fight and now he tells Daryl about the Rape?? Unless Merle is part of the 30 abd Randall saw some resemblance, instead of Daryl liking the idea it just pissed him off more.......another reason to like Daryl

8. marsyao

marsyao Member

That is unlikely, Daryl loves his brother, if Randall knows Merel is in his group, he only need to tell Daryl "I know where is your one hand brother, save me and I will take you to him", then Daryl will not allow anyone touch him

9. ShaneFan946

ShaneFan946 Active Member

I say because he had to confess with somebody.... Maybe he thought this would get him sympathy from Daryl because he really couldnt do anything about what his friends did...

I mean I did want to spare Randall until his conversation with Carl.... He made it clear his loyalties still belong to his group and that he wold be willing to lead them to the farm to take over..

Edit: LOL Daryl barley loves his brother... if that... He was sad & upset for like 1-2 hours at most and since then hes been over Merles disappearance. If the shoes were on the other foot I think Merle would be HELLA SAD about daryl and would not move on until he finds daryl

10. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

I really don't think Randall has any way of knowing that.

11. marsyao

marsyao Member

Of course Daryl loves his brother, do you remember he risk his life going back Atlanta to save him? And Merle later appeared in his delusion and blamed Daryl giving up search for him, a clear case of guilty conscience
    If I was Randall, one group took me in and gave me a rifle, another group torture me and want to kill me, which group should I be loyal to? Gee, a tough choice

12. Gaius

Gaius Member

Randal says what he thinks people want to hear if he believes it will help them like him more. He wrongly thought that by telling Daryl how bad the other group was that it would soothe Daryl's temper and make him think,"Hey, this guy isn't a threat to us he's badmouthing his other group. He won't run back to them." It backfired though and didn't have the effect he intended. It just made Daryl angrier and more suspicious. So in Randal's mind he thought that by telling Daryl this it would help ease his fears and maybe stop the torture.

13. marsyao

marsyao Member

This I agree, stupid kids and stupid writers

14. Maggie

Maggie Member

I think that Randall told Darryl about the rapes because it reinforced what he already told Rick and Shane - that he's not like the people in his old group. He said it a couple times, that he's not like them.

Once he reached the point that he knew he was going to be killed, then yeah, I think that he would tell anyone anything to get him the hell out of that barn... but not once did I get the impression that he's hell bent on getting back with his original group, nor has he shown any interest in leading them back to the farm.

Randall has struck me from the beginning as a weak ass follower who has crappy luck.

15. marsyao

marsyao Member

If Randal does not "hell bent on getting back with his original group, nor has he shown any interest in leading them back to the farm. ", afer endure such a beating and be sentenced to death by Rick's group, then he is a even bigger idiot than he already is.Don't you think it is only natural he wants to take revenge for what did to him? Or he should not do it because Rick is the main character of the show, and everyone should revolve around him?

16. boutte

boutte Active Member

Randal might be a little distressed at this point. His leg is mangled and barely escapes being eaten alive because Rick saved him at the last minute. They take him back to their place and fix him up. At this point he's probably thinking he's lucked out. But no, now he's gets chained up in barn like animal. His hands are tied behind his back for a week, there's no water that he can get to and he's scared shitless. After a week of this hell they drag him off to some place where a horde of zombies tries to eat him and his captors, he helps them escape and they tie him up and take him back to the barn where he's tortured and condemned to death.

He's already told them that he's just likethem he's just trying survive, that didn't work, he pleaded that he just a kid, that didn't work, he explains that the other group took him and probably saved his life, that didn't work, he explained the group had some bad elements but there were also women and children and some good people, that didn't work. Now he figures that if he comes clean and tells them that he's seen them do some pretty bad shit and that he wants nothing to do with it that they might show a bit of the compassion they proved they were capable of when they rescued him and fixed his leg.

It's kind of disturbing that no one seems to have any compassion for the kid.

17. Maggie

Maggie Member

I think poor Randall is in a place where he's looking at the devil he knows vs the devil he don't.

He knows Dave's group rapes and pillages, and left him for dead.
    He knows that Rick's group saved his life, treated him well, and then tried to let him go until he opened his stupid mouth about knowing Maggie. He knows that Rick blocked Shane's kill shot. When they got back to the farm, then yes... it got pretty rough and I'm sure there is no love lost between Randall and Darryl, but I still don't think he's in any big rush to return and I don't think he has a whole lot of loyalty to Dave's group.

18. Maggie

Maggie Member

You beat me to it Boutte, you and I were typing at the same time..... =)

19. boutte

boutte Active Member

Let's just hope that people in a real life situation would be less prone to become killers than they are on a forum.

20. Maggie

Maggie Member

Oh it's totally easy to act anonymously online in a completely different manner than irl. In fact that's a big part of the appeal for forums and blogs... you can vent, or act the way you wish you could irl, you can say whatever you want cause no one really knows it's you.....

I think comparing Otis to Sophia to Dale to Randall -

1) Otis was actively helping them, trying to save Carl. I would not have shot Otis, even if it meant not making it back. Now if Otis was willing to sacrifice himself, I'd let him. But I would not have sacrificed Otis to the walkers in order to get back to camp. I would have tried to find another way.

2) Sophia was already dead, so disposing of her would not be a tough call. Almost like it was a mercy killing. Personally, for me, it would be a no-brainer, like taking out a rabid dog.

3) Dale was tough, but again, like Sophia, it was more merciful to kill him. Would be harder though, like taking out my OWN dog that got rabies. I could do it, but I would have to work up to it, and I would feel crappy about it. I think that Rick was working up to it when Darryl stepped in.

4) Randall - couldn't do it. I don't care that he's a threat etc etc, he's a living person who is not abusive, argumentative, or aggressive. All he wants to do is live and get along. I would not be willing to take him out because of what he might do. I would not be able to look at myself or my children.