Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why was Carl Crying?

Discussion in 'Episode 103 - Tell It to the Frogs' started by zombie_ninja50, Mar 10, 2013.

1. zombie_ninja50

When the group make it back from Atlanta, Lori was kneeling down to Carl's level like she was giving him bad news (like when she first told him Rick had been shot) and Carl looked like he was about to cry. She'd already told Carl that Rick was dead (i presume by the shock on their faces, and what carl said later on). I just can't make sense of it.

2. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

I wonder that too, maybe reassuring him that the group that came back was now safe and he was getting emotional about it.

3. zombie_ninja50

Or maybe Lori was screwing around with merle as well haha. I don't think it was that, because he didn't run over to greet them or anything like that :p

4. WarriorPrincess

WarriorPrincess Well-Known Member

You're talking about that scene in Tell it to the Frogs? I always thought Carl was saddened by the fact that Morales and Andrea came back to their families, and he was thinking of his dad.

5. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Yeah that's how I saw it as well

6. zombie_ninja50

yeah that's the episode. But his dad had been in a coma for a few months, surely with everything going on it wouldn't have such an effect on him considering all the stuff he's seen at this point...maybe i'm wrong and it's like you said

7. Driver

Driver Well-Known Member

Yes, but this is Carl before he became all Badass! I agree with warriorlady90

8. THIMCA

THIMCA Member

Exactly right, how could you not grasp it?
    The poor lad's only 10(ish) in that episode and he's still raw from the loss of his dad.
    I also think that when he does see Rick it was one of the best scenes Carl's actor has done for the show, just when he screams 'DAD!' and runs over, bless!

9. WarriorPrincess

WarriorPrincess Well-Known Member

That scene brought tears to my eyes and still does every time I watch it. I think before Rick came out of the van, Carl was hoping his dad would among the others and when he didn't see him, he cried. The reunion was a great scene!

10. zombie_ninja50

Gotta say i loved the way you put that "carl before he was badass" :D

11. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

Bingo

12. danachka

danachka New Member

I think it's because he was probably overwhelmed by everything that was happening to him and around him. I know I would be.