Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why was Rick laughing at the end?

Discussion in 'Episode 709 - Rock in the Road' started by Rickshair, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

Was it because he happy he was gonna rope these new people into another of his illegal wars?

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I think he spotted someone we know and love.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

Well I must have missed that one. :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

It's just a feeling. But as he was looking over everyone.....his eyes stop on just one person and then he grins. So that's why I think it's someone he knows. I can't think of any other reason to grin like that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

Well as I said I think he looked at all those people and thought, 'yeah my army is coming together.'

6. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Rick laughs in the face of danger. Plus he saw loads of people with guns, just what he was looking for, and he knows they already hate Negan or soon will.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

Yeah so I was right in a way. But I actually don't think he felt it was a dangerous situation. Who are these people anyway?

I don't read the comics.

8. LGRitz13

LGRitz13 Member

9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

lol i started the same thread :p My very first impression was that it was kind of a "here we go again" type of smile...maybe a little bit unhinged. Like when you're having a bad day and then something happens AGAIN and you just laugh.

...but the more I thought about it and read peoples' comments, it seemed like maybe he felt this group could be recruited. It was very obvious they were not part of the Saviors so maybe he didn't see them as much of a threat. For some reason i didn't get the impression he recognized anyone in the group, but i could be wrong.

10. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

I didn't see your thread. It's the damn new forum look. It makes my eyes go cock-eyed! :p

11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

No biggie! :)

12. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

Either Morales or Heath. (MeiCAN from season one (had a fam.) or that dude rockin the dreads from Alexandria who left.

13. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I thought it was someone in the crowd he recognized as well. I could be wrong but I don't see Rick smiling with him and his family being once again held at gunpoint by a strange horde. Having said that, I hope they find a way to bring this group into the fold on their side.

14. GlennsCrazyEye

I was thinking perhaps this was where Gabriel took the supplies he lifted from alexandria. Or maybe this is Glenns new group and rick smiled because he came sliding out from under a dumpster.

15. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

According to executive producer Greg Nicotero, Rick is smiling because he's finally found the folks that he's going to war.

"He's smiling because there's his army. However you cut it, he's gonna make sure that those people are on his side."

There you have it, Rick has his army. Hopefully, this crew will help him convince King Ezekiel that they have the power to take on Negan - and beat him once and for all.

16. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I thought it might be the people fr Gabriel went off with, hence the "boat" message. Rick saw Gabriel and was relieved that he hadn't just run off or was killed, but these new people represent a potential army to take down Negan

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. whomhead

whomhead New Member

In the promo for next week's episode that shows the overhead shot of the area they're in...is that not car Gabriel left Alexandria in parked off to the left hand side of the screen?

I think he sees Gabriel and understands why he took the food...he's recruiting this group. He takes all their food and leaves, if it was his intent to just bolt and never return why would he leave such an obvious clue (BOAT) behind?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

taking a wild guess here...but we never saw this guy from season 1 die..maybe rick saw him

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

I think he saw Father Gabriel. Maybe Father Gabriel recruited this new group to help fight the Saviors. It's someone Rick recognized. His smile was one of elation and even relief.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Vamp7

Vamp7 Member

I think he just a large group with guns and is thinking he can get them to help fight Negan in the upcoming war..