Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why was the roof leaking?

Discussion in 'Episode 407 - Dead Weight' started by Ania, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Ania

Ania Member

It wasn't even raining outside.

2. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I took it as a reminder of how this camp, was not Woodbury. Here is TG, the one time leader of a survivor settlement, having to use duct tape to fix a leak.

3. Dee

Dee New Member

I was thinking the same thing, and what was the point of it? It didn't add anything to the storyline.

4. elvisgp

elvisgp Member

Symbolism..... It probably represents the old Governor slowly coming back. In the end, Brian never fixes the leak and look who comes back?

#4 elvisgp, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  5. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Doesn't anyone here watch Red Green? Well thank goodness, apparently The Governor does.

6. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

NO IDEA WHY THE ROOF WAS LEAKING.. It was NOT even raining. WTF is going on here???????? C'mon Man....

7. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I think it had a lot to do with the storyline- was TG going to stay or go, take over or be a follower?

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I enjoy little side-scenes that don't directly relate to furthering the plot. Because that is how life works. But I think this scene helped show that the Gov had a choice. He could become a family man, helping his loved ones survive, even in little ways, OR he could become the Governor again.

#8 Neuropyramidal, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  9. Blake

Blake Member

Well, let's just say Brian Heriot here was planning some Chinese Water Torture

10. lvprguy

lvprguy Member

Just lazy writing as they could have had TG fix any number of issues that would have been more plausible. They already had him doing laundry to show his character will do the little tasks he never had to do before he was in power.

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

If all else fails.....call it 'lazy writing'.

12. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think it was a bullet hole...

I agree, it was a symbol of menial tasks that follow family life.. To him it was a sign he had to be the leader again..

Like the 'It's your turn' line from Meagan. Any sane person would just take their turn at chess or fix the hole. He viewed these things as signs he had to make a move on Martinez..

13. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

I wondered about the link, too. I agree it was symbolic.

14. RonRevogeht

RonRevogeht Member

It could've rained that morning or the night before it could be dew or a bad AC for all we know? Campers also have insulation so it's not impossible wow.

15. LAC9577

LAC9577 Member

It had to have rained at some point...look at all the walkers stuck in the mud. The trailer prob had a dent in the roof or whatever that held some rain water...I mean there wasn't one ray of sunshine the whole epp so why is it so hard to believe that it had rained?

16. Meeki

Meeki New Member

I think it must have been raining off and on even though we didn't see it. It's the only thing I can think of that would explain why the road was that muddy later on, the one with all the walkers stuck in it. o_O;

17. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

A roof can leak without it being raining lol. It could have been water previously stored up there from when it was raining another time recently that started to slowly leak through now.

Also in houses these days air-conditioners can cause leaks etc (not saying the caravan had an air-con, just using an example).

18. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

There was water on the roof. There was a hole in the roof. The effects of gravity pull the water down through the hole. I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with lazy writing either.... It just happens all by itself. lol

19. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

It showed he's no handyman. putting duct tape on the bottom of a leak? Yeah, that'll fix it. Why didn't he go on top of the roof and tape up there at least? I figured it was a bullet hole, and so the hole would look similar outside.

But again, with no rain, why the constant leak? A magic trailer?

20. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

It was symbolism. God was shedding tears over the govs re-descent into evilness.

#20 JEA13, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013