Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why wasn't Travis wearing shoes?

Discussion in 'Episode 207 - Shiva' started by QuantumCurt, May 23, 2016.

1. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

This whole scene kind of left me scratching my head. Chris takes off and Travis is out looking for him for hours...and at no point during this time did he think that throwing on a pair of shoes would be a good idea? I get that he was a concerned parent and just ran off after his kid. But when it became clear that Chris was that far from home, I'd think any sane person would have taken the few minutes to throw on a pair of shoes. This leads me to conclude that Travis can't be sane.

I feel like there was a lot of lazy writing in this whole scene. Travis is limping along with bloody feet because he's for some reason not wearing shoes. He encounters a Spanish speaking guy. Travis, who is a school teacher in Los Angeles, has a Latin ex-wife, and a half-Latin son, somehow can't speak a word of Spanish, but the guy gives him a pair of boots...and now Travis is able to just take off at a full on sprint and take down Chris. Those must be some damn nice boots.

#1 QuantumCurt, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  2. Chief Brody

Chief Brody Member

Because he is a Dumb-ass....

3. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Ya it's because Trav are a dumbass

4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

You guys do not consider it might be cause he went out to look for him, thinking he was jsut aroudn the pool or some shit?

5. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Yeah, I figured Travis thought he would find him somewhere in the compound, but Travis is kind of a dumbass

6. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Well, sure he is. I think he is a pretty irrational and explosive human in a way.

He is not a Rick for sure, a much softer person and I think he never become the crazy kinda person Rick is.

7. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Travis is a good hearted guy. His problem is that he operates under the fallacy that everything will work out if he does the "right" thing.

8. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Do you remember the scene where he transitioned from being in the yard to chasing after Chris through the Vineyards?

I think he just took off to catch him but in the fog and dark it was not that quick and easy.

I like to think I would sleep fully ready to go at all times in that situation but then that would not make good TV by these standards either?

They walked right in and surrendered the weapons,didn't they watch TWD too?

9. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

He still should have returned once he lost chris to get some shoes, there's infected zombie guts on the floor everywhere.. what if you get a cut and then step on fresh guts...not bright.

10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

He do seem to have a big heart yes and not a police background so he is not really fit for this.

11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

He didn't lose him though till he was really far out there.

He is not too bright though maybe too.

12. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

Never mind infected Zombie Guts... Hookworm. People crap all over the place in Mexico. The worm large get in the soil, then burrow through your feet. Before ya know it your on an episode of Monsters Inside Me, hacking the things out of your lungs. Then you've got snakes, spiders, scorpions, fire ants, cactus and lots of other things with thorns and prickles.

I wouldn't get out of bed and walk to the bathroom in a hotel in Mexico without shaking out, and putting on, my boots.

13. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yikes! I would have to put my boots in zip bags whenever they weren't on my feet!

14. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

Travis as currently written is a terrible character. Over the break the writers either need to figure out what to do with, or just kill him.

15. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Lmao! I totally need to rewatch that scene because I missed that. Apparently those boots came equipped with brand new feet. lol

16. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

This wasn't poor writing actually within the context of the character they have created for Travis.

Is Travis a poorly written character? Absolutely.

But within the context of said poorly written characterization, which includes him being portrayed as a complete ****ing retard - him running off in the harsh desert oriented local terrain with no shoes is quite on point for Travis.

He is stupid and reactionary.

17. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I'm guessing it's not like that in New Zealand where Travis is from :zombies_confused:

18. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

No.
    It's full of orks, goblins,trolls, dwarfs and hobbits. And the occasional dragon.
    If walking around with no thongs on is good for hobbits it's good enough for trav.

Sent from my iPad using my index finger on my right hand and very little insight.