Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Will Carol be the next protege?

Discussion in 'Episode 604 - Here's Not Here' started by batongal, Nov 2, 2015.

1. batongal

batongal Active Member

I feel we're headed down that road. Morgan is now Eastman and although he's trying his way with the wolf we know that will be a disaster. Morgan won't survive by season's end but he will pass the skills and philosophy on to Carol. They've already started laying the groundwork for that in episode 1. I can see Carol doing the Akido moves by the ASZ pond in the last episode of season 6.

2. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Yes but will Enid kiss Carol's butt?

3. sheryden

sheryden Member

I'm not sure I want to see that. It could ruin Carol as a character.

4. Kallyloo

Kallyloo Member

Nooooooooo Ninja Carol forever!

5. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

I really hope not. That would be cheesy.

6. WalkerHill

WalkerHill Active Member

No. Carol's outlook is different than Morgan's. Morgan was a guy just randomly killing and going crazy. Carol kills people that are threatening. She shows emotion. She cares. But if you gotta go, you gotta go.

7. Wombat

Wombat Member

interesting. Hadn't even considered that scenario.

Would be be a huge character shift in Carol though. She is all about survival against those that hurt her 'family'.

I'd miss her combat boots too.

8. Kallyloo

Kallyloo Member

I could accept Carol agreeing under pretence that she wanted to change only to secretly Spy on Morgan, as well as develop more fighting skills.

9. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I think Carol would like redemption, but I don't see how accepting a "no killing ever, even if it means the people you love are going to die for it" philosophy would work for her.

10. HurricaneKid

HurricaneKid Member

She completely dismissed Morgan when he said they didn't have to kill. She said "Of course we do." and rolled her eyes at him.

I think she is going to tell Rick of his peacenik ways.

She is the Anti-Morgan.

11. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Morgan might be having doubts about Aikido, because he locked the Alpha Wolf's door.

But if he tries to convert anyone, it will be Rick. Rick's the one Morgan has history with, and Rick is the leader. Convert the leader, and the group will follow along.

12. Zombie_Penguin

There has to be a way for them to accept that they can meet in the middle and learn off of one another and then accept that killing in some instnances HAS to happen and keeping the peace in others is fine. They can both come full cirle and one of them will die. Morgan will probably die when carol is there, ready to relax a bit, like he was with eastman, cause there can be only one, just like Highlander!

13. batongal

batongal Active Member

Yes she sort of rolled her eyes and she is anti-Morgan, but he did creep into her subconscious. When Gimple says that Morgan's story is going to "deeply involve" another character on the show I don't feel it's the obvious person, Rick. I think they are going to take Carol into uncharted waters. All the killing is simply getting to her you can see it's wearing her out.

14. batongal

batongal Active Member

Morgan wasn't crazy, he had PTSD as the writers so blatantly banged us over the head about. But yes Carol does care, she cares too much. The killing is getting to her. She has PTSD as well. I disagree about showing emotion though. She turns off her emotions so she doesn't have to go back and face Sofia/Lizzie ever again. Morgan has her on his radar.

15. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I take back what I said earlier.

Morgan won't try to convert Rick: he'll convert Deanna. She has qualms over violence, hates guns, she's recently lost her husband and a son. Deanna is supposed to be in charge, but she's seceding authority to Rick.

Morgan will convert Deanna to Aikido so she can rebuild her confidence and reclaim her authority, but it will lead to their deaths.

#15 Rapscallion, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  16. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

I think Carol is too strong now. If he'd bumped into Carol as she was in season one or two, yeah maybe.
    She's too hard for Morgan now.
    Morgan would have more chances with Gabriel.

17. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

I'm actually leaning toward Michonne being the next protégé if anyone.
    She's been looking for another way for a while now. I think out of the hardened core, she would be the one he'd have the most luck with.
    And then there's the comic connection.

18. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Nobody in Rick's group is psycho/needlessly killing everyone and needing redeeming. Everybody Rick has killed had to be killed.

The only two you can put on Carol are Karen and David and that's borderline since they were going to die anyway. She took matters into her own hands but that's not like Morgan going "clear" on the world and eliminating anything that moves.

Carol is not the anti-Aikido. Alpha Wolf is the anti-Aikido, the opposing spectrum to Morgan's coping mechanism.

Consequently if Carol had not taken action in other instances they'd all be dead. In no way would Carol ever fall for that junk after everything she's experienced and seen. Carol is one of the smartest people in the entire group.

19. walkon

walkon Active Member

I sure hope they don't ruin Carol's character with that claptrap. There wouldn't have been a community to come back to if not for her aggressive confrontation and quick thinking.

20. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

^^ Carol is brilliant. I hope they explore more of her. Imagine the potential of people if they'd just open up and utilize their brains. She went from quiet, unassuming dead weight to quick thinking assassin in the 2 year time span since the apocalypse. She decided fast that she was finished being a victim and look at the development. Backing off the hardness a bit and getting back in touch with her emotions would just be a further balancing act, there's no need for any crazy jumps in spectrum because there's nothing inherently screwed up about her.

People thinking she's going to go all moron zen are gravely mistaken. Extremism in nature is for weak people to cope.

#20 Ionut, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015