Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Will Eugene Come Around??

Discussion in 'Episode 807 - Time for After' started by Neuropyramidal, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Come aroun' tha cornerrrrrrr, Euggeennnneeeeeee ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I'm so proud of Eugene for not ratting out Dwight, but terribly disappointed he was close to. Whatever happened at the Sanctuary? Did he have another idea to lure them away? Shit is going down folks!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. WrongAboutCarl

WrongAboutCarl Active Member

Eventually, Eugene will do the right thing. I think when he does, he will somehow be instrumental in Rick winning.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I was trying so hard to believe that he will snap out of it at a crucial moment. Then set up a win for Rick's group. But after this episode, that hope is hanging by a burning thread. When he called the group "former traveling companions" I was done with him. After his sniveling rant to Gabriel, he showed that he is all about Negan.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

How many "counts" of treason (in ZA equivalent) does it take, plus multiple times of outright telling people from Alexandria that's he's only looking after himself, and to shove it... for people to see he's way beyond redemption? Apparently infinity it seems. But he's long been out of chances.

Best he can do is remove himself from the equation entirely, and that wouldn't make him noble, just repaying a minuscule portion of the backstabbing he's done since the day he came on the scene as a liar and a coward who had already got people killed to get to D.C. His redemption in the middle, e.g. dick-biting, mitigates nothing after the fact as to what he's become now.

#5 AnnieOakley, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. TROR

TROR Member

Y'all blasting Eugene but I was rooting for him the whole episode. Anyways, he's probably dead next week, I'm guessing, since he had so much focus in this episode.

7. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

He’s frustrating me badly, but i agree...it’s tough not to root for him. When Dwight came up behind him I was like nooo I wanna see his contraption take off!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sully

Sully Active Member

I'm not going to like it, but they will have him eventually make "the right decision".

But it better be something huge that turns the tables entirely back Rick's way. If he sees Rick is winning and had the advantage and then turns then he's dead to me.

For me, he has to give up his idea that it's all about him and turn when Negan has control to have any chance of redemption.

But I do think TWD will have him flip back at some point. But I would much rather prefer they don't and he dies.

9. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

True, and I had such high hopes for him. At one point I thought he might actually be growing a pair however watching him in this episode made me realize no matter what he does now you'd be hard pressed to trust the guy again much less depend on him. What a shame.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. WrongAboutCarl

WrongAboutCarl Active Member

This behavior of his actually makes him one of the most interesting, and realistic characters in the story. There are many people who do this in the real world (lie, switch sides to whichever group is most advantageous at the time,etc.). We elect them to political offices all the time. The main difference that makes him better than most who do this is that he openly admits that he is self serving. It is precisely theses character flaws that will make his eventual redemption story more endearing. If Merle, Fr. Gabriel, and Dwight can be redeemed, thanso can he.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I think one of two things are going to happen...either they are building him up for a huge, war-winning redemption or he’ll die as Negan. It could go either way at this point. He’s very obviously controlled by fear...just as daryl allows his anger & need for retaliation to drive him to make dumb decisions, Eugene allows his fear to cripple him and to go into survival/self-preservation mode.

Did anyone notice how thick Negan was laying on the ego-boosting with Eugene? “You’re awesome Eugene...” He knows just what Eugene needs to hear after being under-utilized and pushed around by Rosita at alexandria.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Eugenes speech to Father Gabriel surprised me. I knew Eugene was fearful and valued self preservation but back when he chose to drive the van to distract Negans crew I thought it demonstrated that he viewed Ricks group as more than just traveling companions. At least he didnt rat out the spy when he had the chance so maybe there is still hope.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

It surprised me too but I definitely think he still sees them as more than traveling companions. He's trying to convince himself (I think) that this is the right way because he's so absolutely scared sh*tless lol.

I think Eugene driving the RV was his way of not only helping, but also feeling useful...up until then, he was largely under-utilized. The scene where Rick & Daryl were about to leave Alexandria on a mission, I remember Eugene talking to them and trying to give them useful info, but they looked at each other like "mmm ok then, what a weirdo". He came up with the bullet idea on his own and no one really knew or seemed to care about it. Rosita pushed him around and told him how useless he was. Now he has Negan telling him how smart he is, and using him as an asset.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Awwwwww your love is true - damn girl you meant it when you said "through good times and bad times"

We have to stand by our dudes! Hell I love Jesus in a time when not too many even like him. Sigh, love hurts!
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

They seem to want us to hate him, so I think he will not only save Carson, but Gabriel too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I know, I thought for sure after reading the Q&A this would be IT for us! But then i saw the pain in his face...*sigh* LOL

17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Stepping away from the forum last week prevented me from reading the Q&A so I was completely taken aback by this episode

18. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

You are a reg Q&Aer now???

19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I have been WEAK this season when it comes to reading them. Normally I can stay pretty strong.

20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

not a regular but I have to fight an inner battle each week not to read them....

Last week during my all too short sabbatical I did not have to battle my desire to read them

• Funny Funny x 1