Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Will Eugene Come Around??

Discussion in 'Episode 807 - Time for After' started by Neuropyramidal, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

This breaks my heart. Eugene's reaction when Tara woke up after her injuries:

[​IMG]

COME ON EUGENE. SAVE YO FAM.

2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I don't know it's tough to tell... I'll say yes hell have a change durring MSF when he sees ______ die;)

3. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Worst part about him is that he's just a pathetic person, so executing him is more difficult on the mind than executing a potent threat. He's a passive threat because of his disloyalty and cowardice.

He's such a passive threat that setting him loose could potentially result in him bringing a new dangerous faction that he'd run into(if he survived out there)and clinging onto them, while leading them back to ASZ/Hill Top for a surprise attack. He'd do that if it meant saving his own skin and the hostile group that picked him up pressed him hard for info.

The slightest bit of torture and he'd give away your location. If someone ran into him out in the open, they'd know that this well washed, well fed, well kept pipsqueak was surviving within a community -- obviously. So if he runs into anybody dangerous, he is now a massive liability.

I'd execute him if he survived the Savior war and returned because of this. Him out in the open, even with his minimal chances of survival on his own is a liability.

It would suck and would definitely be a point of tension with the group, but he needs to die.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Absolutely. Josh McDermitt is a BOSS in this portrayal.

That doesn't mean he doesn't need to be taken care of and that he's not a piece of shit. It doesn't make him better that he admits that he is totally self serving; admittance of amorality doesn't make someone more moral than other flawed character that are self serving, but try to do the right thing.

Someone openly admitting they're a lying, weasel like, disloyal survivor doesn't make them any less of what they admitted to.

Someone who tries better than that, but makes moral errors, is automatically better than that on a moral scale.

Eugene is objective trash. He was an intelligent, educated derelict loser that likely lived with momma still in his 30s prior to the ZA and he requires the use of others to survive and makes no qualms about it(or attempts to improve).

He is absolutely one of the more interesting characters and is subsequently one of the ones that needs to turn into walker food the most.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I think the infinite chances afforded to Eugene are because many of the characters, like Sasha, Gabriel, and even Dwight, don't genuinely believe he would turn on those whom he has created a family with. He probably was an emotionally unstable man pre-ZA and keeps perpetually cycling back to his spineless self-preservation because of a few reasons that even he (in all his impressive intellect) doesn't fully understand. He's upset, confused, and worried about not just himself, but others, even if he won't admit the latter.

He's talking crap about Gabriel and Sasha's decisions because he wants to feel better about and justify his own selfish decisions... Some characters will be more understanding than others, but I guess it's reminiscent of when a family continues to encourage a loved one to persevere through the same maladaptive behavior... They just want Eugene to grow the hell up and get his head in the game. Idk... He has probably also internalized (what? maybe 4 seasons worth of) all the people calling him a coward... At some point you also just lean all the way into the label people put on you.

This is all very dynamic and intriguing stuff though. What they're doing with Eugene is definitely a strength of the show and Josh is really kicking ass with this role.

#25 GrungeMan, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I wouldn't mind watching his reintegration post-war into the group, so long as he is willing to reintegrate and not just because it's the self-serving choice, but because he sees the value of family and friends and defending them no matter what, even if it puts your life at risk...

Which might play well into developing him into

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

I want them to keep him around because he is interesting. Just saying... if anyone's character "deserves to die" outside of the villains and bad people, it's cowardly betraying Eugene.

I wouldn't want him back in my group.

8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Regarding Eugene, in the beginning of the episode, he wrote down 3 columns:- things I know, things I know that I do not know, things I am not aware of.
    What is the meaning of this? What is the significance of this scene, of him writing down these 3 columns?

9. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Seems like he was weighing the pros and cons of his decisions.. trying to justify his loyalty to Negan

• Agree Agree x 2