Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts Discussion will ghost come back

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by Parsnips, Jun 1, 2013.

?

will ghost come back

Poll closed Feb 25, 2016.
  1. yeah

40.9%
  2. no because i am blind to the truth

36.4%
  3. lol idk ................................................ >____________________>

22.7%
  1. Hunter codf

Hunter codf Super Moderator

Meh, they're lying. Ghost told me he was in the game.

2. CrimsonRage

CrimsonRage Member

Call of Duty Ghosts

Plural form meaning more than 1.
    It takes place in the future.

To me it's a team of soilders honoring a fallen hero.

There might be some missions where you get to play as ghost as a flachback but I doubt it.

3. Parsnips

Parsnips Well-Known Member

>Implying IGN is a legitimate source.

these people omg

4. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

Well, I guess Ghost won't be making an appearance in CoD:G after all. This has to be the biggest wasted opportunity, in the history of videogames.

IW created a character with a minor role in the MW story (Ghost), whose popularity with fans sky rocketed and left them begging for more adventures with the character, which will never happen. Conclusion; Simon "Ghost" Riley is Boba Fett...

5. Desolationz

Desolationz Well-Known Member

Wasn't it obvious that he won't be coming back when they announced COD:G takes place in an entirely new universe from the MW series...?

6. Gambit11B

Gambit11B Well-Known Member

Huh??? I thought it took place on planet Earth, which is in the same universe as the planet Earth from the MW series....... I'm so confused right now.

7. Desolationz

Desolationz Well-Known Member

Lol COD:G is still on planet Earth but not in the same world/story-arc as the MW series. I'm sure Mark Rubin used the word "universe" to make it clear to everyone that no previous characters such as Ghost will be returning despite the name of the game etc etc, yet so many people in the community put false hope into believing Ghost would return.

“We all really knew we wanted to continue making Call of Duty. We could have done something else, but we wanted to make Call of Duty, and we wanted to create a new universe, or a new story at least. We wanted new characters and new experiences." - Mark Rubin

Both COD:G and the MW series I believe are in the the same time period and to make one character available in two different games within the same time period/universe would be ludicrously confusing unless this was a game about soldiers time travelling. I :pray: that I've un-confused you. ;)

8. Gambit11B

I already know that Ghost is dead.... and that he's not returning. Unfortunately, the fan boys are still holding onto whatever little thread of hope they have of Ghost's return.

Unless Ghost is really Jesus, he won't be back.

9. Parsnips

Parsnips Well-Known Member

i swear to go u guys have ben ignoring what weve bin trying to say this entire tym

ghost is the sun of god. isnt it obvious /

10. nukeshooter

nukeshooter Active Member

Wait, his last name is Riley? Isn't that the CoD: Ghost dog's name? Oh activision you sneaky teasers!

11. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah. IW named the dog Riley as a tip of the hat to the character Ghost in MW2. Nice touch...

12. Kazam420

Kazam420 Active Member

The MW series is over. Makarov is dead. All the antagonists are dead, and I doubt Price would want to go on fighting after what happened to Soap. So yes, MW is over. It's about time too. It was a good series, I just think 3 was an unneeded money maker. They made Shepherd the antagonist in 2 just so they could make the third one for more money. They abandoned 2 to rush 3. Had Activision not fhucked them over, MW would have been way better. But I must say I did enjoy Makarov's death. It was satisfyingly gruesome.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gezza93

Gezza93 Active Member

I haven't read much up CoD: Ghosts so far but from what I've seen it's US Special Forces only so I'm not sure if he will being that Ghost is UK Special Forces. I could be wrong, like I say I haven't read much into it yet.

14. NatureSun

NatureSun Member

Ghost might not come back...but Ghost's Ghost might. :p

Na..jk. In all seriousness they killed him off for good and I don't think we'll be seeing him anymore.

15. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

We could see the ghost of Ghost? Whoa. That's spooky...

16. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I don't think that they are going to brig it back since it's talking place in a completely different universe than MW series.

17. Gambit11B

Yep.... Looks dead to me..... D-E-D dead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I am kinda curious as to which game is this screenshot taken from. Is it S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? I think it is :)

19. BennyDarby

BennyDarby Member

Ghost keeps being reincarnated. In COD Modern Warfare he was Gaz, in MW2 he was Ghost, and in MW3 he was SGT Wallcroft.

20. BennyDarby

BennyDarby Member

I'm pretty sure it's from COD Modern Warfare 2, when Ghost gets shot by General Shepherd.