Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Will H1Z1 be the definitive zombie MMO game?

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by The Professor, Apr 12, 2014.

1. The Professor

The Professor Administrator

There's been many attempts at zombie MMOs over the years. Day Z, War Z, Rust, etc, you name it.

Will H1Z1 stand above the crowd? Do you think SOE has what it takes to make H1Z1 different from your typical, generic zombie MMO?

2. TEST SUBJECT

TEST SUBJECT Guest

They have the resources to do it so as long as they dont muck up the F2P model and keep it realistic and not arcade like, yes IMO.

3. Origami Crane

Origami Crane New Member

I haven't played any of the others, but H1Z1 sounds awesome. I think that it could become the definitive zombie mmo if they work it right. SOE certainly has the resources to pull it off.

4. LindaKay

LindaKay New Member

I think so. It looks so promising. I think this game is definitely going to blow all of the previous competition right out of the water.

5. WhiteAsh

WhiteAsh Member

Yes, I think that SOE can pull it off. In my opinion the existence of Planetside 2 proves that they are not afraid of ambitious projects. Yes, Planetside 2 is far from perfect but at the end of the day it just works: the continents are huge, the battles are massive and the game is not pay to win. What makes H1Z1 already unique is Forgelight. It's a pretty amazing engine designed from the ground up to power massive multiplayer games. It's proven, it's tested, it works, it's ready. This is a huge technological advantage. Also, experience factor - SOE have been making mmorpg/mmofps for almost 20 years.

6. sparkblade14

sparkblade14 Member

SOE's made pretty solid games overall. Planetside 2, EverQuest, DCUO are all solid games for the most part. PS2's scale makes me think they'll be successful with the scope of the game. I think the new gameplay mechanics they added will force player creativity and cooperation, something that not a lot of MMOs seem to cater towards.

7. Wick99

Wick99 New Member

It definitely will. As long as they listen to what the players want and cut down on exploits/glitches/hackers and keep the playerbase happy and content.