Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts Discussion Will Riley die?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by Ilex, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Ilex

Ilex Member

Now I don't know much about Riley but from what I've heard, he's a dog that helps you out on missions in campaign. Well CoD has a nasty history of killing off anyone they want in the campaign. Now here's my theory:

Riley will become your friend. He'll save your life once or twice throughout the campaign and become an awesome partner. However, somewhere among the last three missions something is going to happen to him. You'll be in trouble and right before you get shot or whatever, Riley is going to jump in to save your life at the expense of his own just like in MW3 when Yuri saves Price from Makarov. I can just tell something like this will happen. I'd rather not have Riley die but I think he would be the first character I would actually miss from the entire CoD series apart from Resnov from BO1 (Sorry Soap but I just didn't give a Sh*t when you died in MW3).

2. dutchpunk

dutchpunk Active Member

Not in the first one. Maybe in ghost 2. The dog is something new. If they kill it in the first one they can't use it again. Probably at least one member of the team will die or somebody that helps the team a pilot for example.

3. BlackOps

BlackOps Active Member

If they kill the dog I will be so pissed off. I'm only getting the game for that dog.

4. TheAntiUser

TheAntiUser Active Member

[​IMG]

And, no I hope that they don't kill Riley. I tweeted one of the devs and he responded, "we'll have to see", so, yeahhh...He's ****ed.

5. OnlyDeadChicken

Probably in Ghosts 3 or the last of the series.

6. Bullet Magnet

Bullet Magnet Well-Known Member

I die you die he dies she dies....everybody dies. and apparently everybody poops too

7. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

With Ghosts, they want players to become emotionally attached to the campaign. Humans love dogs more than other humans. Riley is the main source of this mind game.

If he dies, whatever reaction you give means that IW has won the mind game because your reaction (mad, sad) proves you became emotionally attached. If he doesn't, the brother dies and you only have Riley left, you realize your only hope is your dog, you build a relationship with him (I know in the campaign you will need him to get you out of life threatining sticky situations), and you will love IW more. ...And they still win the mind game.

You lose either way.

8. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

During the final mission of the game, Riley will be put in a position where he sacrifices his own life to save you, by running into combat just as an explosion goes off. His handler will scream, "RIIILLLEEEYYY!!" and try to go in after him, but your team mates will say it too dangerous and hold you back. The handler will believe Riley is dead and go mad with grief, before finding the main bad guy and making him suffer for killing his most trusted and loyal friend. After the threat has been eliminated, the team will be ex-filtrating the area by helicopter, when a faint bark will be heard in the distance and the handler will turn with disbelief to see Riley running toward the chopper, barking with happiness at the sight of his handler. Riley will jump into the helicopter as his handler cheers and cries with joy, then he'll lay by his handler's side for the journey home.

That's my best guess...

• Like Like x 1
  9. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

They haven't showed much of him yet, have they? If you go back to SP campaigns of previous games, you'll notice that some of your friends die in the game and you can't do anything about it. So yeah, Riley might as well get shot in the game. We will have to wait and see.

10. crazyduck

crazyduck New Member

I don't want Riley to die. I would rather have someone else die. It is inevitable that someone will die, and that someone will probably be Riley. I would rather have Riley die, by strapping explosives to the dog and having him run into a room of terrorists and then blow him up. Although in an ideal world, the dog could sneak in and plant some explosives then run out and detonate them. But dogs don't have thumbs so it could be a bit hard for the dog.

11. BennyDarby

BennyDarby Member

A lot of the members have died. Gaz died in COD Modern Warfare and was replaced by Ghost for instance. So I could see it happening, but he'll probably just be replaced by another German Shepherd.

12. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

Probably during the second to last mission in Ghosts 3

13. AFKATafcar codf

Guys, I know this is pretty old, but I'm upset that Riley didn't die. :p

14. AFKATafcar codf

Does that make me a bad person?

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

Well, it depends. I really wished Riley didn't die and I'm glad it didn't happen, but opinions differ! :D