Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Will Tara tell about Oceanside?

Discussion in 'Episode 710 - New Best Friends' started by offrope, Feb 20, 2017.

1. offrope

offrope Active Member

Rick directly asked Tara about sources of weapons. Will she tell him about Oceanside, or will her impressive boobage get in the way?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

She's going to have to. It was obvious where they are going to get the guns.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

4. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

As soon as Rick said to her she will have to tell them where not to go, I thought she will have to tell them about Oceanside. I saw someone say she will go back by herself to convince them. But I doubt it since they were obviously given the order to kill her. Plus they shoot first without asking any questions. But they still have to try cause they need guns.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I still think the Oceansiders will decide on their own to seek an alliance with Rick. And that Tara will keep her word.

#5 westwingnut, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

I think she will eventually. But, I don't want their weapons going to Junkyard.

They basically wanted slaves themselves - that's why they set such an alluring trap.

And Rick's so damn desperate he's falling right into the trap

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Well technically if she tells Rick NOT to go in all the directions except Oceanside, she never breaks her promise..

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I think she'll bring it up to Rick, but I can't see them taking all of the weapons from the women and kids of Oceanside. Rick wouldn't even agree with that...

I'm not sure how it will happen, but I can't wait for Negan to see all of the women again whose husbands, brothers, sons, etc. he killed while they are armed to the teeth. I hope he pees a little.

• Like Like x 5
  9. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Yeah. I can envision them running into someone from Oceanside, perhaps the young lady that helped Tara, when they are out looking for guns. They'll talk and I hope will decide to lend a hand by way of some fire power. That can only happen if they realize that Tara didn't say anything about their community proving that members of this group can be trusted.

• Like Like x 1
  10. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

She'll struggle with it, but that was a promise given before she knew about Denise, Abe, and Glenn, and before they took Eugene and she saw them kill Spencer and Olivia. She'll have no choice but to put family before anything. I think she will try to convince Oceanside instead of going in by force though. With an army on their side, Oceanside may want to fight Negan.

• Like Like x 3
  11. westwingnut

I think Oceanside will do more than that. I think they;re already on their way to Alexandria on their own.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dulak

Dulak Member

thanks for asking the question ...

I think this is the biggest question of the episode - not if daryl and carol are going to have sex or why did daryl lie etc ... its ... what is Tara going to do with Ricks question ...?

Probably one whole episode dedicated to this: Its either take them by force or try to get them to help but to be honest I think. Rick will set it up as we will ask them for them but they will take them if need be and I dont think they will help. Although possibly ...

Still interesting subplot - I dont think Tara can work the deal on her own; oceanside doesnt like Tara.

13. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

She won't want to but she will eventually, her loyalty is to our family not to a bunch of weirdos who tried to kill her twice.
    Maybe Oceanside can be convinced to join the fight to get revenge for their menfolk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

I think she'll keep her word.

I don't want the guns to go to the Scavengers though. I'm curious how it will work out. Will all the groups meet up together somehow?

• Like Like x 1
  15. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Yes but not for long, matter of fact it will likely not even be noticeable.
    Sadly she swore she would never ever...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That might be possible. Do you think Tara told them where Alexandria is? With all of the communities that Rick is visiting to try and recruit them, it would be an interesting change to have a community full of women coming to seek them out.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shuffler1000

Shuffler1000 New Member

Maybe they can shoot a message on an arrow to Oceanside's domain. I think she will have to tell Rick about them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. westwingnut

I've only watched Swear once. Wasn't there a scene where Tara was discussing the location of the ASZ on a map?

• Like Like x 1
  19. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Whether or not she will; Oceanside will eventually be found -- otherwise they never would've introduced that community.

That said, they'd probably the most useful community to recruit outside the Kingdom as they actually have fighters and people with weapons experience.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

A pretty thought, but seeing the way we left them I can't connect the dots. Their main mission is to to lay so far under the radar that they don't exist. So much so that they refused to entertain the idea of being trade partners with the ASZ, even though Tara told them they had wiped out the Saviors (to the best of her knowledge at the time). If I remember correctly, they were taking Tara out to kill her rather than risk she go home and reveal their location.

If their mantra is shoot first, ask questions later, how does our group even approach them to make a deal? Plus if Tara comes back with her people it only confirms the fact that outsiders can't be trusted to keep their promises.

The only weak link I can see is the leader's granddaughter who befriended Tara. Should she be out on a scouting mission and run into our group, and it's made clear that Tara has kept her mouth shut, she might be persuaded to go back to granny and negotiate the sale of some of their weapons with the idea that they'll be used to fight Negan. Rick will seal the deal with his charming we'll win attitude.

Rick gets the guns, Oceanside is not directly involved or it's location revealed and there might be the added bene of some of the Oceanside women volunteering to go back with the ASZ people to swell the ranks. Otherwise why would they be on their way to help?

• Like Like x 1