Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Will they leave the prison by mid season?

Discussion in 'Episode 405 - Internment' started by Firewallcano, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Firewallcano

Firewallcano Member

I really hope that there is an episode on the governer (what he's been doing) followed by an episode of them realising the governer is there and then a big battle episode that results in them leaving the prison (preferably with the governer dead).

I just feel the prison has run its course and we can have the characters develop some more on the road (which we barely ever get to see really). I don't dislike the prison but I feel to develop the characters further they need to get to a new location.

2. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

True it would be refreshing to see the group desperate and on the road again, not that I want the show rushed.

3. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

Man, after the farm in season 2 as soon as I saw the prison in season 3 I was sad -- here we go again, sitting around. I guess I was hoping Season 2's "staying put" was an aberration and the show-makers would realize their mistake and try to not to hold the group to one spot longer than say 4 episodes. This prison/general arc has been far too long.

4. t3hplaguez

t3hplaguez Member

Its way cheaper to film in one location tho I am pretty convinced the prison will be destroyed in the mid-season finale

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yes, they

6. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

No.

They stay in the prison for the rest of this season and then half of season five.

7. lurkers&roamers

The first few episodes at the prison were pure chaos, what with Hershel getting bit, the trouble with Tomas and Andrew, and Lori and T-dog dying. Not to mention the fight at Woodbury and the Governor's attack on the prison (the one that killed Axel, not the bs they gave us in the finale). I'll admit that the last four or five episodes in season three were a bit boring when taken as a whole. But looking at this season, they've faced more danger in this one location than they have arguably at any other time of the series. I'll agree that the prison has just about run its course, but unlike the farm it hasn't felt drawn out, with the exception of a few episodes towards the end of last season. We'll probably see one more attack from the Governor and then they'll leave. Hopefully this attack lives up to the hype.

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. Porfivor Nixon

I like the prison but I think they may soon move on. I think Herschel implied recently it might be better to be outside.

10. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Member

i hope they do..the prison is a huge target..i kinda want them to have to find a new place for refuge

11. slyd00d

slyd00d Active Member

Did you not see the official season 4 picture? the fence in the background is broken, I do believe that implies that the prison is no longer safe and they will leave it.

If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure that one of the main goals of a group is to find shelter. But yeah...go ahead and email the directors and writers about the 4 episode per spot limit; and tell them to rename the show to "The Running Dead" to more accurately describe the show after your altering.

Hah, some people are ready to believe that. :Grin:

12. TWDlover92

TWDlover92 Member

Well, it's totally leading to that since the fences broke down, the story arc with the flu has come to an end and the gov is back to blow things up. They need to get out of this place and the assault is the event that will force them to move on. Besides, the prison arc is getting old and I think it would be a big mistake to drag this beyond the mid-season finale.

13. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

The main goal of the group is staying safe. Shelters can get unsafe at varying speeds, causing them to be on the run. Wouldn't be unheard of in a zombie apocalypse.

I would just like their situation to change more often, they can find shelter periodically. It's not like they are staying in he prison forever and they've changed shelters a few times anyway.

14. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

I guess I was just a little depressed at how quickly they stumbled on the prison, hoping for at least more time before settling. I don't know what you mean about more danger, Rick stuck in the city by himself was definitely worse and more fun to watch. The governor plot also drew out too long for me.

Season 1 just had so many different fun situations!

15. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

I never did mind the Hershel farm and prison arcs. The group constantly searching for that elusive safe haven is only natural, I think TWD writer gods do a good job showing us this. Who here doesn't just luv the show? As I stated earlier, I never want the show rushed, from what lil I know of the comics progression. But For me, the moments of desperation moving from place to place puts me on the edge of the couch.

16. slyd00d

slyd00d Active Member

True. True but they can and do sometimes maintain their safety level for a lot more than 4 days, depending of the shelter of course.

I get that, you want the show to be a bit more fast paced and chaotic but that's really not realistic at all for various reasons so you should get used to them being at one place for about a season at a time.

17. lurkers&roamers

By more danger I mean for the group as a whole, not just one person. Obviously season one had some great walker moments, but then it was just walkers. Now the group is dealing with walkers, an epidemic, and the looming return of the Governor. Each of those factors alone is tough, but all three of them around the same time is disastrous. The Governor plotline did draw out for me towards the latter stages of last season, and I think they knew that people were getting bored with him so decided to leave him out of the beginning of season four. However, I do think they will do a much better job with him this season than last season, if these first five episodes are of any indication.

Seasons two and three each had things that disappointed me, and so I never looked at them as highly as I did season one. Season four, on the other hand, is well on track to be just as good as season one.

18. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Trying to find a stable place to build a community is a realistic venture. Throughout history, a majority of the human population has strived to build a stable community with a centric location. This enable people to stay organized, defend themselves, and grow food (the most important aspect of building a civilization). If you had paid attention in history class, I would not have to tell you that food production is the basis of civilization as we know it. Traveling around like a bunch of Gypsy's would be detrimental to the group as they would not be able to produce food and would probably starve. They can't scavenge old canned beans for eternity. At some point, people need to rest, people need to eat, and people need to feel safe. These goals will never be accomplished living out of the back of their car.

19. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

Have to agree with you on this, Season 1 is still my favourite, it felt fresh, Rick was always living in fear. Now he's planting seeds and cultivating land with zombies in the background casually moaning and groaning

20. The Walking Cas

No...i dont think so...I think by the end of the season though...