Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Will Travis finally put Chris down?

Discussion in 'Episode 207 - Shiva' started by LadyGrimes, May 23, 2016.

1. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

This is not a post bashing FTWD FYI, this is a discussion about how Travis should or should not deal with Chris.

I like FTWD I just don't like the character Chris and think he should either get killed off or redeem himself.

2. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

I think he meant me, going back and reading my posts I was bringing a negative tone to the thread.. I have to stay on topic :p

thing is.. when you think about all the characters... ofelia and chris are probably the most expendable out of the yacht crew..

I can see them dying.. so you may get your wish and see him X.X

Chris - if and when he dies what would be your ideal death for him? how do you want to see him go? to have the dad kill him? or another way perhaps?

if anyone feels like it.. same questions for ofelia/alicia/nick/travis/madison/strand if anyone cares to throw out their opinions on this.. how would you like to see each one die? what would be their perfect deaths? .. the answers might be interesting to read..

#42 EvilDeadJ, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  3. walkon

walkon Active Member

Where is Carol when you need her. . . lol

4. LadyGrimes

I honestly wouldn't mind having him die to protect his dad or even Alicia and Madison. This is only if he can be redeemed, if not then just have Travis kill him before he hurts someone.

5. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

To be honest, that sociopathic streak could come in handy. Look how far Rick's come in the other series. Chris just needs to feel connected and then he could be a great asset to those he is loyal to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

Rick isn't a sociopath - he's a cop. He is prepared to use violence, even to kill if necessary, but to punish the guilty, and protect order / his community. Chris is just "off the deep end" and he is about as "handy" as Lizzy. You could say "Lizzy was handy for baby sitting Mika and Judith" but we see how well that turned out. You don't need a nut, you need a warrior. They aren't interchangeable.

7. Biffster

Rick wasn't being particularly cop-like when he ripped Joe's throat open with his teeth. He's gone a little off the deep end, and he had his reasons, but hopefully he still keeps in touch with bis human side. Chris—well that's another story.

8. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Joe was trying to kill him or whosit was trying to rape his son at the moment, or both! I think the Cop Review Board would have agreed Rick had his reasons. :)

9. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

I think the worst part is now that the group is splintered we're likely to get an entire episode of Chris and Travis. Maybe more than one.

10. Biffster

No doubt. The point is that Rick has strayed considerably from his civilized days, as has the rest of the group, to the point where they kill total strangers in their sleep. There's a fine line somewhere between killing to survive and killing for the sake of killing. I believe Rick's group crossed that line this season and now must face the wrath of Negan. Chris is not quite there yet, but he's sure coming close. Like Dexter, he needs to channel those emotions. His abilities may yet come in handy.

11. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

My thought exactly! lol.

12. J K

J K Member

He's got what I like to say a "punchable face" lol. He's now surpassed my most hated WD character Noah (which I never thought was attainable).

...sigh, I haven't seen this episode yet but I guess he's still around. I was really hoping he fell down the puppy chute.

13. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yep, I knew what you meant about Rick. Everyone has hardened up so much, and knows it, and has simply had to let valued beliefs go.

Chris, I just don't know. If it were real life, he would be going down the dead-end psychopath road, but who can guess what the writers will do with him.

I loved "Dexter," but I suspect Travis would be a useless dad to a true Dexter.

14. Chansey

Chansey Member

I get that its just a show and some people simply don't like the character, but I can't help but feel that some of the responses in this thread are downright disturbing nonetheless. You honestly want to see Chris' own father kill him rather than help him work things out? Especially after the bad kid on the boat convinced him that the Madison family doesn't want him and his dad would turn on him too? Heck, if this is the prevalent mindset of the non-apocalyptic world, Chris is absolutely right to be suspicious and act the way he has been!

I don't think there was anything wrong with Chris before the prisoner got into his head and the fact that Travis finally chose to help him instead of continue to follow Madison around is the right first step toward getting his head back on straight.

15. Monster Voices

It's the most unrealistic thing for a parent to kill their child no matter how horrible they get. So - a definite no from me. But i do hope annoying Chris gets himself killed but I don't see that happening before he get's to do more stupid things.

16. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

You have a point here. It is the end of the world. The end of civilization. I can see a parent (both Madison and Travis) hanging on to their kids until the bitter end. And if that means one of them ends up being a master villain kept in check only while you are alive, then moves on to be a bitter, tyrannical warlord...well.. that's the end of the world folks.

17. LadyGrimes

Yes Travis will!

[​IMG]

thank you [MENTION=8784]Gaycandybacon[/MENTION] for this amazing gif!

18. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

HOLY HELL!
    My sides.....help. XD

19. LadyGrimes

I know I nearly spit coke all over my laptop screen when I saw it.