Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Advanced Warfare Discussion Will you play still play AW after Black Ops 3 comes out?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' started by Armando, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Armando

Armando Member

There are still plenty of people playing the game on console - while unfortunately it's not the case for the PC version - if you are one of those people, are you interested on jumping on BO3 once it's out?

I'll probably give it a shot, even though the beta hasn't convinced me that much, but I much rather play AW since the movement in BO3 is more limited.

2. Spectre456 codf

I'll have to wait until Black Ops 3 comes out to make a decision. I don't play AW as much anymore, but Blops 3 could replace that small amount of time.

3. Nasim J

Nasim J New Member

I don't play much AW anymore to be honest. I usually prefer treyarch games, so I hope that the Black Ops will be an incredible game which can hook me for years like BO1 and 2 did, I'm especially excited for zombies to come back. One of my fave parts of the game. But like how I still go back to CoD 4 sometimes, I'll probs come back to AW occasionally

4. Spectre456 codf

Yeah, Zombies is a favorite of mine as well, and I was surprised when they took it out. It's great that it's making a comeback and it'll probably help keep me interested in Blops 3.

5. SMG

SMG Member

I still play AW & not BO3 ( not buying BO3)
    once BO3 came out the numbers of people playing AW surely dropped, sometimes you have to settle for TDM (to get players)
    though they're still plenty of people playing AW & you can still play a game.

6. muskyking

muskyking Member

mo mrver again this game is stupid.

7. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I gave up playing CoD:AW a long time ago. After playing the CoD:BO3 Beta, there was a snowball's chance in hell that I was ever going to play it again. Now CoD:AW just sits in my game collection gathering dust...

8. liam66

liam66 New Member

I still haven't gotten my hands on CoD:BO3, so I'm mending that urge by playing CoD:AW. Less and less people play every day though, and unfortunately it becomes less and less fun. I think I'll have to bite the bullet and get a CoD:BO3 sooner rather than later.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

Well, I'm still playing AW from time to time but BO3 definitely has the upperhand in this "duel". Much more interesting and fun.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ned

ned New Member

I play on PC, so not much choice here I'm afraid. I heard only good things about BO3, will be trying that out for sure.

11. Dual wielding for the win

It depends on how much fun BO3 is, but I will probably still play AW either way. I think the amount of people that still play the game is proof that they will keep doing it as more games come out.

12. drspaniel

drspaniel New Member

I never really got into Advanced Warfare like the other Call of Duty games. For me, it didn't offer enough replay-ability for me to continue playing, especially, now that I've ranked to prestige 3 times.

Black Ops 3 looks interesting to me, I really enjoyed the beta and hopefully when I purchase it the full game will be just as entertaining. However, I'm conflicted... I may instead purchase an Xbox One and play it on there instead. Let's face it, Call of Duty is now a console based game.

13. Armando

Armando Member

Well, not "now", it has been like this since MW2 in my opinion. It's just how it is.

14. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Now that it's been a month since Black Ops 3 launched, I can say that I haven't really played Advanced Warfare as much as I used to (naturally), but I still get on at least once a week to play a few matches. The game is surprisingly still alive (at least for Team Deathmatch) on PC, but this is only as long as I disable the first two DLC packs I have (should've bought the Season Pass...)

15. Squigly

Squigly New Member

The remaining playerbase is really small, with only a couple thousand on weekends if you're lucky. I haven't touch Advanced Warfare in a while, and this is just even more reason not to go back to a dying game.

16. SMG

SMG Member

are you shocked ? welcome to the real world of games.
    people flock to and buy the new games, no surprise here.
    in 11 months BO3 will be a dying game too ! or sooner ?
    and then people will be flocking to the new COD of 2016.
    to say its a great game or best......well lets just say its the newest game as of now.

17. Squigly

Squigly New Member

Black Ops 2 still enjoys quite a following. It's not just about how old the game is, but the quality of the gameplay.

18. Personablue

Personablue New Member

Like he said, first have to know the quality of COD Black ops 3 to answer this question. Although I really enjoyed Advanced Warfare so I think I will continue to play in between Black ops3., unlike Ghost which I was happy to leave behind :p

19. Benoit W

Benoit W New Member

I'm hаppy thаt SHG is still suppоrting this gаmе bесаusе I'm gоing tо соntinuе plаying. Еvеn thоugh I'm GMP, I'm асtuаlly hаppy thаt thеy dеfiеd Асtivisiоn by mаking this prеviоus wееkеnd а dоublе XP wееkеnd tо stеаl sоmе оf thе аttеntiоn. I'll still gеt BО3... um prоbаbly... wеll mаybе nоt... But this is whеrе I'm gоing tо соmе bасk whеn I wаnt tо immеrsе mysеlf intо а tоn оf асtiоn.

Thаt's rеаlly сооl but yоu wоn't mаkе а fun gаmе this wаy. Yоu mаy сritiсisе СоD fоr thе саsuаl dirесtiоn it hаs tаkеn but еvеrything in this sеriеs is dеsignеd with еxtrеmе саrе tо prоvidе а suitаblе еnvirоnmеnt fоr thе fеаturеs аvаilаblе. Yоu rеаlly nееd tо bе fаr up yоur оwn аrsе tо think thаt аll thеy'vе dоnе wаs соdе а jеtpасk.

Rеаlly, whеn I соmpаrе hоw lоng it tооk Vаlvе tо dеsign dе_оvеrpаss аs а mоdеrаtеly plаyаblе mаp аnd thеn I plаy Blасk Оps 2 аnd nоtiсе hоw еvеry соrnеr аnd еvеry sightlinе hаs bееn сrаftеd tо fасilitаtе thе еxасt kind оf gаmеplаy thаt thе dеvеlоpеrs wаnt I саn't hеlp but bе imprеssеd.

20. IntricateContraption

I would, but the PC version is pretty disposable and the multiplayer is as dead as always for old COD versions. This really sucks, and I hope Activision addresses it in the future with crossplatform multiplayer. Honestly, this game was the best COD in a while.