Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Will you re-watch season 3?

Discussion in 'Episode 316 - Welcome to the Tombs' started by NameTaker, Apr 2, 2013.

1. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

I won't cause it will depress me when I do.

2. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

I've watched the whole series 8 times so far, I plan to watch it 2 or 3 more by October haha

3. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

I will but I might skip a couple of episodes when doing so. I do hope that we get more walker related storylines in season 4, the prison/Woodbury arc basically has walkers as an after thought.

4. Dead man walking

I'm replying to my own quote here because simply over the summer, while waiting I decided to watch all of the TWD back to back but alas once the 'gov' showed up in season 3 I must say I didn't continue: I liked the early prison stuuf but as soon as the nob Gov came into it I FastForwarded through pretty much everything he was in and then just gave up - never got through a rerun of the last season, I only checked out the Daryll offing Merle and that was it. So in answer to my own and the other guy's comment - No, it isn't worth watching again. It's pretty lame because of the gov and not worth repeat viewing. So I won't be watching this season on Halloween ..

5. Dead man walking

I completely agree but you will find the common repeated phrases here that this is about survival of man against other men in a survivalist era and no longer about the walkers much, unfortunately. But I hope they are all wrong and it goes back the way of the zombies/ walkers (whatever) because let's be honest - anyone who wants to watch a good zombie flick, is watching it for the zombies, not the man on man action - you can get that in Die Hard.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Actually, I think what makes the show good is a nice balance of everything:Walker threat. Humanity and survival with character development. And human threats. And according to the producers, we will get more walker action this year.

Most episodes of TWD i've seen 2 or 3 times, but there's a few episodes that i've still only seen once, so I plan on rewatching those episodes during the marathon coming up.

7. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

its the 1st of October now, only a couple of weeks to go phew, might watch it all from the start........again
    2 or 3 episodes a day

8. Monty70

Monty70 Member

I have watched season 3, beginning to end, five times. Once on my new Target exclusive blu-ray, and four times on digital copy that I have.

The Walking Dead keeps getting better with each new season. I can't wait for Season 4 to get started next weekend.

9. melthebell

im currently halfway through season 2, the missus wanted to watch it for the first time so im not getting through em as fast as id like watching on the main tv and having to share airtime with the likes of xfactor :(

10. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Definitely yes. The 2nd half was just as good IMO. Nothing wrong with the finale. It gets so much disproportionate hate. Have/will rewatch everything again before 4 maybe

#50 legendx66, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  11. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Derfinitely; as much as i hated the direction Mazzara took the Show in there were some very large and enjoyable moments even for me.

12. melthebell

just liked this post, purely for the bit ive quoted ;)

13. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

:p lol I love reading all these posts about hating human threats and wanting only walkers. I feed off their lack of any understanding of the show at all.

14. Dead man walking

I agree, however the human threat in last season overtook everything else - just hoping that isn't going to be the norm. So far enjoyed the first 5 of this season - much more like it. Has had me more on the edge of my seat than any other episodes. But now the Gov is back to ruin it. This season has felt more like a desparate struggle to survive rather than 'war' with the neighbours.

15. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

I've watched all 3 seasons about 6 times in total, and at least 4 of those cycles were at my 64 year old mum's request. The only episode she has vocally said she doesn't like much is Arrow on the Doorpost, but we still watch it anyway. One redeeming aspect of the episode is the montage at the end to "Warm Shadows".

16. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

Yes, except for Arrow on the Doorpost. Might pass Sick and Hounded too.

17. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

Arrow, Hounded,When Dead come knocking and Say the Word I am always temped to pass, but I end up watching for completion sak.e

18. Monty70

Monty70 Member

Absolutely. As a matter of fact, I have viewed my S3 blu-ray twice already. (start to finish)