Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Winslow

Discussion in 'Episode 710 - New Best Friends' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

He had a piercing personality.

I didn't exactly buy that whole scene. I'll skim over the fact that it somehow didn't notice Rick's noisy tumble or loud yelling for several seconds, yet somehow was able to follow him around with its eyes covered, and just skip to asking....what really would that prove anyway? I'm not really on board with the idea that this entire deal would be contingent upon Rick's ability to kill a single spiked, blind, walker.

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Ah the Pinhead walker. That was quite a daunting task wasn't it. But I'm not sure why they had to make him do that to determine if they should help the group either.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OaklandBorn

OaklandBorn Member

Probably to show that he and his group were strong.Possible that she just wanted rick to be killed so they didn't have to help them.

4. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think Winslow has a helmet protecting his brain, thus making him harder to be be killed? With such a small area in that pit, Winslow probably hunts by smell and sound?

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  5. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

'there's not enough zombies' fan service.

6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

The real question
    Who's Winslow?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Winslow hunts by echo location like a bat?

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Reading this thread and all I can think about are the lyrics

Standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona
    Such fine sight to see
    It's girl my lord
    In a flat bed Ford
    Slowing down to take a look at me

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I think Nicotero was just like "I got this great idea of a walker with spikes. Make sure you put that in somewhere." This is what we ended up with a fighting pit in a junkyard occupied by a weird drama club.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

lol! Your response reminded me of a cartoon I saw in a magazine many years ago. In the first panel there's a guy stuck in quicksand up to his waist while his dog is on the bank next to him. He says to the dog, "Quick Rex, go get Corky!" In the succeeding panels he sinks a little deeper all the while exhorting the dog to "Go get Corky". In the last panel, the guy is completely submerged under the quicksand and we see the dog in his thought bubble say, "Who's Corky?" Lol Thanks for the laugh!

11. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Winslow reminded me of the Mouth of Sauron from the extended version of The Return of the King,

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Winslow was to test his man strength.

Eh, the walker smelt Rick.

13. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I think you are right that the writers put it in that she wanted to do it to test Rick . She shouldnt have had to do that. They know Rick and just one other from his group were able to successfully obtain the weapons from the water surrounded area. That should have demonstrated Rick's group ability to get stuff.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

As lazy as the group is, 'we take, we don't bother' bs, I kind of wonder if they dressed Winslow, or if he was someone else's idea. Or maybe he was one of them and they killed him and then did him up that way before he turned. It just seems like it would be a lot of effort for them to do that to a random walker.

15. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Walkers notice prey by smell, not sight. That's why the guts-covering works. However I didn't buy that scene either.

I think as a scavenger Jaydin respects resourcefulness/using surroundings, so that's why she felt it was a fair test for him to prove his worth.

16. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I hadnt thought of that but that makes a lot of sense (that they could have suited up a person before they turned).

17. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

The real question, though, the one that got Chris Hardwick's panties in a bunch, is whether the scene was reminiscent of the trash compactor scene in A New Hope or the Rankor scene in Return of the Jedi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  18. OaklandBorn

OaklandBorn Member

Yup and the writers are literally slapping us in the face with that foreshadowing.we take we don't bother is basically saying we want your guns but we aren't fighting or like saying they aren't gonna hold up their side of the deal

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

This was dumb. These last two episodes were horrible. I hope they fix this fast.

20. LIMPINLAMEBRAIN

LIMPINLAMEBRAIN New Member

I don't know why they felt the need to test Rick against Winslow. I think Rick and co. clearly showed their skills defending against walkers when they got those supplies off of that boat.

Jadis should be more concerned with Rick and co.'s fighting ability against human threats. Jadis and friends must feel that Rick and co.'s ability is sub-par, being they were so easy to surround and capture.