Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

With the bar that Last of Us just set what should AMC do with its zombie franchise

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by lastcat3, Jan 16, 2023.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Wow. Last of Us premiered last night and it just blows TWD out of the atmosphere. I am not sure TWD had a single episode in its entire run that was as good as what we saw last night.

And it just isn't me saying this as a Last of Us fan. On Rotten Tomatoes it has a 99% critic score and a 96% audience score. Practically everyone seems to be glowing about this series.

So what should Walking Dead do in response to this as they will be nothing but a bud of a lot of jokes if they keep on putting out the same kind of product that they have for the past several years when people now have Last of Us to compare it to.

Should TWD just end? Just put out a season of the already announced shows and call it a day for this franchise? Should they reboot with a higher quality show than what the original show was? What should TWD do now as the bar has now been raised significantly for post apocalyptic zombie stories.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I put this quote from the showrunner of The Last of Us in the thread for the show, but it really applies here for TWD. This is what he said about his new series:

“I don’t have any interest in a spinning-plates-go-on-forever show. When it becomes a perpetual motion machine, it just can’t help but get kind of stupid. Endings mean everything to me.”

I'm sure TWD will continue to spin their wheels and squeeze whatever they can from their ridiculous spinoffs. Gimple is worse than Dan and Dave. D&D did a good job in the early seasons of Game of Thrones adapting Martin's novels. Gimple completely trashed the source material. TWD is at the level of Z Nation now, but at least that show didn't take itself seriously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yeah they really were alluding to TWD without actually saying they were. Watching any TWD related show will be tough after seeing the sets that Last of Us has.

In anycase Last of Us is proving that there is definitely still a solid audience for post apocalyptic zombie stories as they reported today that they had 10 million viewers in 2 days (and people have been talking about this show almost non stop over social media since the episode aired).

@BlackBird just remember when you are watching these TWD spinoff shows to say to yourself 'When you are lost in the darkness look for the light'.

[​IMG]

#3 lastcat3, Jan 19, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 1