Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Wolf's Injury Not Walker Related

Discussion in 'Episode 604 - Here's Not Here' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I feel like it was not a scratch or a bite. It seems like at least a few days have passed since he found Aaron's photos, and had the idea to find ASZ for medicine. Perhaps its treatable.....;)

2. Inspector_Swag

Looked like a blade. Too clean for a bite. But the sweating and what not hinted that he was implying a bite. But who knows?

3. jojo

jojo Member

If it's not walker related he still dies. Nasty infection will kill him. Unless Morgan gets him meds. Then my head may explode in so much anger. But Rick is back he'll fix him right up ;)

4. Dreet

Dreet Well-Known Member

Hmm, could be a gash/wound from combat during their killing spree on Alexandria? If it's not a walker bite Morgan may consider "Eastmaning" Alpha Wolf but I don't think Carol or Rick would allow of it.

5. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

I haven't read the comics and have no idea what is behind the chopping up and torso obsession is. I figured it was either something related to their code/philosophy, or something with a ritual. If not, I figured he was injured when he tried attacking another group who also got the best of him as Morgan did, and that we'll see that story tie in later on.

6. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Yes, he said something about trying to find medicine for it, so I assumed it wasn't a bite. Must be infected?

7. Dyson

Dyson Member

Its not from the comics anyway.

8. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

He might not be smart enough to understand there is no medicine that cures a bite, he may have thought those "rich educated" people would surely have something... Yes, I am assuming it is a bite.

9. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Maybe... But could he and the rest of the Wolves have survived this long without witnessing and understanding how bites work? Also, it didn't really look like a bite. It looked to me like a fairly horizontal straight cut with red streaks spreading out from it, which is one sign of infection.

Edit: He also says, "I know I'm probably going to die, but if I don't, I'm going to have to kill you, Morgan." If he'd been bitten, and he's just failed at stealing their magical walker bite medicine, he'd know for a fact that he's going to die.

#9 and138, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  10. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

It definitely looked like a blade cut to me, which is why I assume he thinks it's treatable. He did mention sweating which could be a symptom of a regular infection.

Are we really to believe he's there looking for medicine though? Couldn't they have raided a Walgreens or something?

11. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I think that yes, he needs medicine, but he's lying about that being their purpose in the raid and he's trying to make Morgan feel sorry for him because he knows he's too nice. Earlier in the conversation, when he asks Morgan if he could really be redeemed, it was so fake. The whole time, he had such a calculating look on his face. I think he represents the rare person who can't be redeemed because they're simply evil, as in Eastman's story.

12. VickGrimes

I was partially joking ;)

I agree that's definitely not their sole purpose; they were heading for ASZ as soon as they found Aaron's backpack. And I agree they are not redeemable - they are the epitome of too far gone at this point. I like Morgan and will give his storyline the benefit of the doubt, but that final scene was so frustrating to watch. It can't be so black and white. Everyone agrees that you shouldn't kill for no reason, as he did with the father and son in the woods, but in this world he needs to protect himself and his community at all costs or there will be nothing left to live for. He is indirectly putting so many people at risk and it is ultimately going to come back to bite him. I thought Hardwick's all or nothing addict mentality comment was pretty spot on.

13. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

It also did not look like a walker bite to me either.

14. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

I don't think they were implying that, just that it's infected. He's not very clean, we may say.

It's not a comic story, so no one knows.

15. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I don't think it was inflicted by a Walker. It looked like a nice straight cut that came from a blade, or perhaps getting caught on something sharp during a fall or something like that. I don't think it could have occurred during the fight at Alexandria because it was already swollen and had signs of a spreading infection. If it had occurred during the fight, these types of signs wouldn't be showing. I'm assuming that when he was saying that he hoped they'd have something for it there, he was referring to more conventional antibiotics and such. Regardless, it's a nasty wound that is going to kill him without treatment...and we all know what'll happen then.

16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Those were my thoughts exactly. The final scene really anchored the episode, and not in a good way but a sinking one. That Wolf was too over the top bad.

We've gone this route though before in the story with Randall & Tyreese letting Martin live. It's old ground. It would've been far more interesting if Morgan killed that guy and then we had him battling with his sanity and trying to keep from going over the edge to the point he was prior to meeting Eastman.

17. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

As a Brit, anytime I go to walgreens, Im lost looking at all the meds on offer. So unless there is someone there to help, he's had it.

18. VickGrimes

I was really, really hoping he was going to come to his senses and kill the Wolf. I probably would have cheered out loud.

19. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

I think we all know anyone new given a serious amount of monologue is living on borrowed time. The episode was self indulgent, lets hope Morgan snaps to his senses and thinks "clear"ly <--see what i did there?

20. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I would think all pharmacies have already been raided for antibiotics, so the Wolf can't just go to Walgreens and pick up something for the advanced infection. It's reasonable for him to guess there might be a supply of antibiotics in this community.

I think it's a cut wound. I thought I saw a hint of white pus in the center of the long cut, but I didn't freeze frame to double check that. He might get some relief from debriding, surgical removal of the worst of the deteriorating flesh so the body has better odds of healing the rest of the injury, but that would mean getting help from Denise and revealing the presence of the Wolf.