Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Wolves don't shoot

Discussion in 'Episode 602 - JSS' started by AtlantaOverrun, Oct 20, 2015.

1. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

In all the appearances of the wolves, they never fired a gun. Or did I miss something? They have huge combat wapons, but they never use a gun. The only wolf that we saw with a gun, was the one that attacked Morgan last season. But he used an empty gun. In 6-2 we saw a wolf grabbing a gun during his escape. So one option is just a lack of resources. But is it just because of the lack of resources, or do you guys think there is a deeper reason why they don't use guns? Part of their crazy ideology?

[​IMG]

#1 AtlantaOverrun, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  2. Cassie_Crow

Cassie_Crow New Member

I think it is going to have to be something to do with their weird cult-like ideology. I mean we can assume that they roam around, because if they had been in the area then there is no reason that they would not have attacked previously. They just found out about Alexandria from the bag Aaron dropped. With that in mind there is just no way that they have no guns unless they just don't want them. Our survivors have managed to amass SEVERAL armories over the seasons and this is the American South. There are guns everywhere. The Wolf that Carol shot said something about them not belonging there and that they needed to be free which, again to me, sounds like cult ramblings.

3. Damaniel

Damaniel Member

My initial thought was that they just don't have any. What does the one Wolf saying to in-disguise Carol, "Where'd you get that gun?" imply? It makes it seem like they didn't have any guns.

That said, it may not be too realistic for them to have just never found any guns and ammo. I would guess it would be pretty easy to find one. If they have guns, and didn't want to use them, there are two reasons:

1. They didn't want to make noise from the gunshots due to walkers. I'm not too keen on this idea, since they made plenty of noise anyways from all the screaming and yelling. I'd also guess they aren't very afraid of a few walkers at this point.
    2. Their crazy, cult-like group forbids guns for some reason. It seems weird, but it may go along with how they were butchering limbs off of corpses. It takes a lot of bullets to hack off a limb!

Honestly though, I think they just didn't have any guns. Until now. Now they have one.

4. Cassie_Crow

Cassie_Crow New Member

Well, the tone of voice he used, it sounds almost accusatory. Like it was so beyond the pale that she would have one, almost as if it hadn't occurred to him to ever have one. Yeah, the idea that they don't want to make too much noise doesn't make much sense. I think it is just some crazy idea they have or maybe whoever is in charge has kind of brainwashed them into not using them because he or she doesn't want them to be armed, perhaps against him/her? They all seem to be thoroughly insane. And the one Wolf said they didn't CHOOSE to be that way. Maybe they are forced somehow.

5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I'd say they just ran out of ammo. Rick's group is trying to survive, the Wolves try and kill every person they meet. Assuming they aren't all good at doing head shots while running like Rick's group is, they'd burn through ammunition in a hurry. Two years in? It doesn't surprise me that they are down to knives.

6. Watching Dead

Watching Dead Member

To me its one simple explanation, they no longer have ammo. Rick's group constantly finds fresh cache's. The police station, Morgan's supply, Alexandria. I don't think the Wolves have a solid understanding of guns or the discipline to conserve ammo. Most of them we have met so far seem pretty mentally challenged.

7. M3O

M3O Member

Maybe they're trying to be unlike humans, so they choose to not use guns...cuz Walkers don't use guns? Who knows, they're insane anyway :zombies_mad:

8. Cassie_Crow

Cassie_Crow New Member

Perhaps, but I think that that is too easy. Again, this is the South. We have guns and ammo like EVERYWHERE. I guess all we can do is wait and see at this point.

9. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Without getting too spoilerish ...these are shock troops under direction from a group or leader that won't permit them to have guns.

I have no idea why the dismemberment, as that seems to be and incredible waste of time., other than the sheer terrorism inflicted on any survivors of their attacks.
    Seems could be extortionists. They do take prisoners ...maybe as hostages. Remember what Wolf #1 said to Morgan at the campsite, "I want everything ! ".

10. Damaniel

Damaniel Member

See, that was my initial thought, but I didn't want to stereotype lol.

11. pilight

pilight Member

After two years of none being produced and every living person having to fight for survival and/or hunt for their dinner, an ammunition shortage would not be surprising.

12. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Maybe they're Amish ?

13. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

It's going to be interesting if they even tell us why they don't use the guns. They apparently carry them (the guy at Morgan's fire), but don't load them. And the guy that picked one up in Alexandria could have easily turned it on Morgan, but just tucked it and ran. I really don't believe there's a shortage of arms no matter what part of the States they're in so it makes for an interesting story line.

14. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

From this episode, you can see that their clothing is quite shabby. The pic in OP shows this as well.
    In a ZA world, you can just walk into any store or house and get whatever clothing you want. So, this is a little odd that they dont have better clothing. Might be this is a hint to their living.

Maybe they choose to live like this? Maybe they are forced into living like this? Maybe they are not an independent group but rather are slaves of somebody more powerful and are controlled to do this cultish work?

15. mummyman

mummyman Member

maybe they work for Negan

16. batongal

batongal Active Member

In the finale when Morgan asks the one wolf what the W is on his head he rambles on about how "the first settlers came and put bounties on wolves heads. Brought the natives into it, made them hunt them. Didn't take them too long to kill them all". He points to W on his head, "they're back now". Maybe these psychopaths are the 'natives' in the equation. Maybe another group is forcing them to slaughter anyone that has the potential to be a hindrance or get in the way.

17. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Yes, that is exactly what I am thinking too.

Also, as this episode shows, they do take prisoners. This means, they are not following some strict cultish ritual thinking of chopping off everybody so as to free the soul trapped within a body.

18. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Yes, and also the Wolf that Morgan ran into 2x- after he incapacitated the 2 in 516, he tried their gun and- ah ha- no ammo.

theyre the lowest of low, that we've seen. At least Gareth and Co. had rules, plans and regulations.

These guys are thugs- in every sense of the word

19. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Going by the true definition of a cult, I could see a leader brainwashing the group with tales of yore. What else do they have to live for? They may have been crafty at the food loading dock, but I feel that as a whole it's a mixed bag of mental illness, criminals and lazy cowards.

20. Bates

Bates New Member

Wolf weapons

My theory for wolf weapons:
    As explained to Morgan last season the ideology of the Wolves and that the world is literally going to the wolves. Ripping apart another human is much more wolf like than shooting them. Animals don't use guns-people do.