Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Worst Episode Ever?

Discussion in 'Episode 504 - Slabtown' started by Carllllll, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Carllllll

Carllllll New Member

I am a big a fan of TWD as anyone and love the comics but this episode was pretty terrible. Months of anticipation for very little payoff as far as this beth storyline. It's borderline jump the shark worthy. How is no one else annoyed about this?? The first three episodes started strong but without kirkmans material they seem to not know what to do. There are so many things wrong with this storyline I cant even begin but as an episode alone it came off as stale and uninspired. It seems like too tall a talk for Emily Kinney as great as she is to hold her own episode and it didnt deliver they way they think it did imo. Im sure others would disagree but thats just my two cents. Hopefully next week improves but I am over these bottle setup episodes with no payoffs. Each episode can have its own little arc while still pushing the story forward. We basically came full circle with this one and went nowhere.

2. Big Doobie

Big Doobie New Member

No you are wrong. It was a good episode.

3. Bernadette

Bernadette Well-Known Member

It wasn't my fave, but I thought it had some good moments.

4. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Not my fave either, but the worst? idk, certainly not in my top 10 or so episodes of all time.

It had some purpose as far as filling in the plot with the cross cops story and her kidnapping.

5. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I think Arrow on the Doorpost or Vatos still takes home the award for worst episode.

6. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

I liked 'Vatos'. Why did you hate it so much. Just curiouse.

7. batongal

batongal Active Member

I don't think it was the worst, but I understand your complaint because there was so much hype about where's Beth, who has Beth, blah blah blah, and this episode kind of fell short. The writers are definitely establishing (although it's a slow burn) something special for Beth. I think where the episode fell short for me was the whole shroud of mystery behind the hospital people when in fact they are just a bunch of sissies hiding in a building waiting for rescue. Dawn's greater good makes no sense to me. Unless there is more to this story I was expecting experiments on people or trying to find the cure or the reason for the breakout. What we got was a bunch of slave runners praying on the weak making them pay off debts for what? To have clean laundry and shiny shoes? sheesh what an outrageous plot! lol

8. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say it's the worst, but probably the weakest of the season so far.

There wasn't really anything to hate about this episode. The transition from the brutality of Terminus and the hunters to a hospital with walls and electricity was jarring, but there wasn't really anything bad about it. What specifically was "jumped the shark" worthy, to you? I can't personally think of anything that was so unbelievable about it.

There were things that didn't work right, but it was a solid episode regardless. Nowhere near my top 10 though...

9. Gonad

Gonad New Member

Man, and I really liked "Vatos"... Season 2 had some clunkers, and as mentioned above, the Beth story line has to begin somewhere... Just hoping the hospital derelicts don't last beyond November... Rick's shortened crew would mop the floor with these people, and besides, Carol will probably not put up with the nonsense there... This episode was much like the two we saw when The Governor was re-introduced last season, a total change of pace, no main characters involved (except for Beth, and I don't live or die with her)... I'll probably watch next week...

10. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I liked this episode. It's nice to have a slower episode that focuses on details & how others are dealing with the situation.

11. Elly F.

Elly F. Member

I agree to a point although in general I enjoyed this episode very much. They definetly came out swinging the first few episodes but to continue at that pace would be insanity. Sometimes we gotta stop and "look at the flowers" ;) if just for a moment. I thought we learned a lot we had questions about and even met some new people. Just curious, but, what could have made it better for you?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bethyl

Bethyl Member

Not one of the top episodes (in comparison to say, No Sanctuary, A, Too Far Gone, Clear, and Killer Within) but by no means even a bad episode. It's a solid episode through and through, and personally one of my favorites (top fifteen at least).

13. Wombat

Wombat Member

Yes... And it showed us where Beth's mindset is at now, which I would believe will tie in with later episodes.

14. wolffe

wolffe Member

It was annoying because 90% of the people you saw were new characters. That being said the way it was shot & edited was pretty good, probably the best in that category for the whole series. The slow motions, the fadeouts, all perfectly timed.

15. Pinky

Pinky New Member

This! Based on the (misleading) trailer, I thought the hospital storyline would have something to do with experiments. Dawn's whole story seemed pretty off. If the cops were the ones going out and kidnapping people then she is basically condoning rape. Granted they do save a few injured people here and there, they seem to snatch unsuspecting women for their entertainment purposes along the way. I definitely think there is much more to the story....

16. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I love how they're breaking up the group again. Absence makes the heart grow fonder lol

17. Jon Snow

Jon Snow Member

Agreed, it was bad. Emily Kinney cannot carry an episode. Why can't the writers see that??!! It's spoilt S5 a little bit, because the start was SO good. We went from creepy cannibals...to supposedly creepy cops. Yawn.

18. HeadHunter

HeadHunter Member

I agree with the OP. Not entirely sure its "jumped the shark", but the episode was bad and has really let down Season 5.
    The storyline felt disjointed and rushed, specifically Beth waking up at the start and then being a hospital worker in the next scene. There was zero explanation for this and its hard to believe that Beth would just simply conform like this considering the group she previously hung out with. Granted she tried to escape later in the episode but her initial submission just felt too easy.

Speaking of escape, i found the whole "only one way out" concept to be unbelievable, clearly there are other ways out as the Police used them to capture Beth. Beth just took Noah at his word and didnt even bother exploring the options.

I disliked the fact thay Beth selected the correct key for the door out of a drawer containing multiple keys.

I also feel the Cops mission statement is somewhat unclear, what exactly do they want from the non-cops? We have this "rapey cops" theory but realistically was there anything to support this in the episode aside from one cop displaying his need to have Beth? If the Cops purely wanted sex with women, then what do the female cops get? Are they forcing men to have sex?!?
    Overall this episode left me with questions unanswered but not in a good storyline way, more in a bad script kind of way. Bring back Rick!

19. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

I didn't like this episode. Normally I like slower episodes after chaos. It felt rushed and in the end was still very unclear to me, and not the kind of unclear that makes me want to continue watching about it. I'm biased and don't like Beth much so don't take me on my word, but I didn't think her acting was enough to carry an entire episode.

The sudden overload of new characters were also quite annoying; at some point it just became a little too much. And not to speak of the simple mistakes (only one way out, etc). I really expected more of this.

20. Phantasm

Phantasm Member

it was crapola.at least beth didnt sing. worst episode EVER of twd.