Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Worst Episode Ever?

Discussion in 'Episode 504 - Slabtown' started by Carllllll, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. Can't fight her way out of a paper bag? I think she did pretty good against the rapist cop.

2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because Beth never went to the CDC. :p

3. Bernadette

Bernadette Well-Known Member

Wasn't that before Beth?

4. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

I agree with some of this. I was confused for a little while throughout the episode. Beth just wakes up and she is given laundry duty? Dawn also entrust her to certain tasks immediately? There was no build up or anything. Its not even like Beth proved herself out of a group that she was the most trustworthy person. As far as I can see Beth and Noah were the only able-bodied people shown.

Yes, I agree. This certainly was not the worst episode. I like Beth despite EK's limited range as an actor. She did her best with the material and she can be a decent actress. Beth was underdeveloped for a good long while so they needed to give her something meaty. Whether some fans were satisfied or not is up to them.

I think my biggest issue right now is the lopsided character development. I have an issue with this when my girl Michonne has barely said any lines. I swear Tara and Rosita got more screen time than her in Four Walls and a Roof and that....is unacceptable.

I honestly have no clue as to what is being done with Michonne, Maggie or Carl this season. They seem to be idle. Maggie so far is an alien. I think someone abducted the real Maggie and replaced her with an imposter because I don't recognize her. Its seems like Gimple takes the time out to really emphasis the development of certain characters like Carol while being rather oblivious to others. He seems so caught up with wanting to translate all the major story lines in the comics that he is missing out on the story lines that are already there and could use some real grooming to add depth to the characters that need it. Imagine if Maggie has a hard time forgiving Tara when finding out who she was? Imagine if Rick and Maggie still did not trust Carol even after she saved them? They should also play more with the dynamic between Ty and Carol, instead of simply dropping it. Humans are complex individuals and we hold grudges more often than not. I can definitely say that from experiences in my everyday life. Gimple has great ideas, but there is no follow through in my opinion. I want real, interesting conflicts in this show but it just falls short. For me anyway.

I don't like that the dynamic of the cast is so disjointed. Only certain characters are getting furthered while others are stagnant. Carl almost got raped in the finale and we don't even see him struggling with that. We don't see any rising conflicts or struggles for Michonne or Maggie either. Even Sasha has gotten more development than Michonne and Maggie so far. Its rather odd to me that the 2 female actresses featured first in the main credits seem more like supporting characters so far.

I do think the cast is too large and Gimple nor Kirkman are doing a very good job of juggling all these characters. I also think the bottle episodes are being overdone. They should only be used when absolutely necessary otherwise it disrupts the continuity and pacing.

@TGO I agree on TS-19. One of the best episodes. I have a soft spot in my heart for Darabont anyway and I still think AMC was nuts for firing him. He is still the best show runner to me.

#144 Kingston50, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  5. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

There's no kind way to say this so I wont even try. You are f*ckin' stupid. And I mean little brain f*ckin' dumb.

6. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

yeah, you're right, I meant to say her group visited the CDC.

7. Bernadette

Bernadette Well-Known Member

Lol, good. I thought I was misremembering!

8. fruitfulandgay

yes, you're right. I hope she knows the story though. It could make for an interesting folk tale down the line.

9. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

No reason to be a jerk. It's their opinion. I hate people that attack users personally when they disagree with an opinion they have.

10. fruitfulandgay

Meh, sometimes you're the statue, sometimes youre the pigeon.

11. kennyisalive94

Not really.

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

What about a statue of a pigeon? And would we, as humans, feel compelled to poop on it?

13. fruitfulandgay

I don't think they are compelled exactly, they just go where they wanna go... the pidgeons I mean. I can envision a society where I would poop indiscriminately.

14. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Every opinion besides mine is wrong and I must call everybody out on how stupid they are.

15. kennyisalive94

Guys, I'm cereal guys! I'm cereal!

But yeah, I'm not going to bully this Carlll user for having bad spelling and an over the top opinion. IMO verbal bullying and cyber bullying is almost as bad as a physical beating. With the rate of teens that commit suicide over it, and remembering the effect it had on me, it'd be nice if people would just ignore someone if they don't like them.

The only time I make fun of a user is if they're obviously trolling, but then I'm just having fun, not getting angry. It's a waste of energy.

(puts on armor and bends down to avoid tomatoes)

edit- well at least he's gotten a lot of likes for his post.

#155 kennyisalive94, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  16. Low_Speed

Low_Speed Member

It was a good episode.

17. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Low_Speed, I've always felt you were very astute in your observations, and you continue to confirm that opinion.

18. fruitfulandgay

. Are you a Toyota fan Low Speed?

19. ChocoboPrincess

ChocoboPrincess New Member

I think what can be gathered here is that some people would prefer, if they had to, to be raped in otherwise "safety" and others would be prepared to take their chances at fear of walkers. As someone terrified of grotesque looking rotting things, I'm with the former, but I don't get why people have made this a moral issue rather than a personal choice that differs from person to person.

My view on the episode? An episode is better than no episode and while I think EK is good at playing Beth, I don't think Beth is interesting enough to carry an episode. I found the doctor interesting, everyone else cartoonish and the scenes with Noah would have been more in place in High School Musical or something, the overtones of "having a crush" being so high. Basically though I'm not really a Beth fan except that I want her to do well to do her father proud, I think these bottle episodes with her just make people hate her more, which isn't really fair. It'd be better if she did more stuff with the main group and showed herself valuable in that way.

Edit: PS first post! Hello

20. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

YES to everything you just said.