Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Worst Gun Fight Ever

Discussion in 'Episode 407 - The Wrong Side of Where You Are Now' started by Terminator, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Maybe I watched too many westerns as a kid where the shooter could hit someone running 100 yards away. But this episodes opening gun fight seemed pretty ludicrous. They definitely killed the vehicles though. Ever think of shooting those highly visible legs showing under the vehicles or using the grenade launcher earlier?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Every single aspect of that gun fight was dumb.

Let's examine the initial confrontation, shall we? We start off with Strand, Alecia, and Luciana squaring off with Mel, Edgar, and other vultures. All pointing weapons at each other. Alecia then spins around and shoots at Naomi, Strand and Luciana also turn around and face Naomi. At this point all three are facing away from the vultures, who still have their guns trained on the three of them. The next thing we see everybody is hiding behind cars and trucks, exchanging gun fire. Um....what? Once the shooting started the vultures would have easily gunned all three of them down where they stood. What, did they give them a head start to hide? Stupid editing.

Next, as you pointed out, go low and shoot at legs. Taking turns shooting at each other is 80s action film dumb.

Third, Alecia is shooting at vultures hiding behind a car. SHE HAS A GRANADE LAUNCHER!

The whole scene was frustrating. Now my blood pressure is up.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Sorry to get you worked up, dude. :)
    Deep breaths, deep breaths.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Well it is what we call, painting yourself into a corner.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Dammit I hate that I agree with you guys!! LMAO

I pretty much just goofed off on my tablet while the episode was on. On the plus side I finished my pixel art rendition of a flamingo sitting on an inner tube while floating in a swimming pool

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

The worst gun fight of TWD Universe is still the battle of Alexandria in TWD's S7 finale. Everyone was running around like kids with super soakers at a birthday party! :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Lets face it, fight choreography has always been one of the weak points of TWD Universe, but I felt this gunfight had more tension than anything from TWD S7&S8.

And let me say, @Sebrebc, that I too was shouting at Alicia to use that M203 grenade launcher. Maybe they only had it in FTWD's budget for just one shot? ;)

All that said, I'm upset with Victor for not using the hand grenades he was carrying! :mad:

#7 Rapscallion, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

For all we know and what was shown... these are the only 3 from the diamond left alive. Other then the buried guns they might not have any other resources and want to scavenge as much as possible.

9. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Honorable mention to ANYTIME Rick had a gun trained on Negan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

We were left with everyone holding each other at gunpoint at the end of 406, and then, like you said, all of the sudden....... I had thought maybe this was where Madison came riding in to save the day - with some suppressing or at least distracting gunfire, allowing everyone to seek shelter behind cars. But no, 'twas just the 'cover-me' fairy I guess.

• Like Like x 1