Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Would this show be better if...

Discussion in 'Episode 203 - Ouroboros' started by Scottus86, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Scottus86

Scottus86 New Member

Travis and Madison just died?

I like the three kids (Nick, Chris and Alicia) and I think it would add to their characters if their parents somehow died, plus I find the character development of Travis and Madison so boring. Add into the crazy son from the Island, Tobias and Alex with Strand and Salazar as co leaders, I think this group could turn out good.

2. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I still haven't bonded to the show, and I don't know what it's going to take to make it essential watching, but I don't think killing the parents will solve anything. I don't think either of them will ever become bullet-proof characters, though.

I don't want to pick even one leader out of this group yet. The loosely confederated approach makes sense for now.

4. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

The mother is ruining it for me. I liked her in Friday Night Lights, so I don't want to question her acting ability, but here she seems really out of place and non-responsive to every situations. I'd really prefer her gone.

#4 NakedCity, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  5. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Tobias..? He was is season one

6. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Madison needs a real man, so Travis better grow a set fast. His anti-gun doormat damsel-in-distress act is wearing thin.

But no, I don't think the show is better without them.

7. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

They could have killed Madison off after the first episode, and I would have been fine (no offense to the actress). Travis could go to, but at least his knowledge makes him valuable to the group. That could change post-boat though.

8. Scottus86

Scottus86 New Member

I mentioned Tobias and the crazy son from espisode 2, because I think they are good characters that people could find more interesting than Maddison and Travis. Travis could play a kind of Eugene role, but with more force, but Maddison just doesn't do anything at all for me and I don't see how she improves the story.

Plus, I think someone from the group needs to die soon because the show needs to show us that the main cast in FTWD isn't untouchable, it will also help with the development of the other characters and show how they handle deaths. The only people to have lost someone are Chris, Travis and the Salazars. The development of Chris since his mother died has really improved his character and made him more interesting, the Salazars loss was on the cards before the outbreak anyway, so in my opinion it doesn't really count.

9. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I would love for them to bump into Tobias at some point. I would love to see how he is doing. He is sort of like us because he understood from the beginning what was happening. Did that help him for long or not?

Is he staying as independent as possible? Joining up with anyone he was talking to on the computer during the initial days who had been trying to figure out a stronghold? Tobias was a compelling character. Now that everyone has caught up with him, maybe the writers don't know what to do with him, but I like him.

10. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

Actually, after seeing her in House of Cards recently, I am thinking she has better acting chops than she has shown yet. I think she will become a fan favorite soon. The stories are getting much better in season 2, I think.

11. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

She was also great as Chef in Treme, the series about musicians in post-Katrina New Orleans.

12. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

It has nothing to do with her acting. There's just never been anything appealing about her character whatsoever.

13. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Kim is a very good actress, she just has a deadpan delivery....it took me a while to get used to it...but I do like her a lot.

#13 mtito914, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  14. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Plus she is pretty hot....so there's that.

15. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

the show isnt dark and dirty enough ... the whole yacht with the LA atmosphere/people doesnt work with bleak horror..

this show needs more dirt, more ripped clothing, and gruesome/filthy sets..

instead of a yacht they should have ended up on a barge or some beat to hell oil tanker/freight ship ..

the kids just have too much "LA" in em .. they need to be beat to crap ..

hopefully as the show progresses they end up a bloody, neurotic, mess and then and only then .. IF the show can get good writing.. IT MIGHT be worthy of a "walking dead" franchise tag

not only that but too much sun in this show..need more night scenes.. need more steel and wood ..

beaches, ocean and 4 million dollar yachts dont make for good ZA atmospheres

#15 EvilDeadJ, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
  16. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Last week while watching, I kept thinking.. it sure is pretty for the ZA... Not just the actual locations but the cinematography - not sure if they're trying to make certain scenes seem more poignant or what. It just doesn't convey the same desperation that TWD hit me with from the start. Perhaps this is deliberate and will become grittier as we go? I do hope to see more of evidence of the collapse - enjoyed the scene that showed the firebombing of LA as they sailed away - was hoping for more of this from the show.

17. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

all that fire bombing would leave plumes of smoke everywhere and since they are following the coast they should be moving through it at times..