Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Would you eat Carols cookies?

Discussion in 'Episode 612 - Not Tomorrow Yet' started by JEA13, Mar 7, 2016.

1. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I am not a very good cook so just wondering does anybody actually make cookies with acorns and/ or beets. If so what does it taste like? I made the title suggestive so anyone that is a bad cook but good punster can also add a comment.

2. EvieE

EvieE Member

In the Zpoc, there's not much I wouldn't eat, turtle, people...so an acorn beet cookie sounds like a delicacy.

3. batongal

batongal Active Member

Ground nuts (like almonds) are used as an alternative to flour it's good although I've never had acorn. She's being creative with what's available. Beet for sweetness not a bad deal in the apocalypse.

4. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Now that you mention it ,I have eaten various almond cookies. I always thought they put a little into regular flour primarily for taste . I really dont know however.

5. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

You would eat people?

6. EvieE

EvieE Member

I eat people now, so why not in the Zpoc? :hatchet:

7. batongal

batongal Active Member

No you can make actual cookies, muffins, breads, pancakes without white flour solely using ground nuts. It's good and good for you.

8. walkon

walkon Active Member

Carol is not only able to deliver 'the kiss of death, ' she also is a harbinger of hope and of encouragement. She was feeling the strain of battle yet she rousted her resources to keep her 'family' out of despair. I loved the way she brought a smile to the faces of those she gave those cookies to. Resources were low but she scraped together what she could and delivered the fruit of that love with a smile. What I admire about her is she can drop her sword and cry then wipe her eyes and tackle the next mountain. Her life says to others, You can make the next mountain, too. Just keep going. The only looser is a quitter and it's always too soon to quit.

Have I ever eaten beet and acorn cookies? Can't say I have, but to my way of thinking if you put enough sugar in it a person can eat almost anything. Hahaha

9. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I'll put it like this... Sam didn't eat the cookies.

I'll eat the cookies.

10. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Squirrels eat acorns, and they end up pretty tasty. Bypass the middleman, I say.

11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Beets...good
    Acorns...good
    Beet-acorn cookies...GOOOOOD!

I've cut sugar out of my diet before, and things that are only slightly sweet start to taste much sweeter after a while. So in a ZA where things like sugar aren't plentiful i'm sure those cookies would be delicious.

12. progmanjum

progmanjum New Member

Would I eat Carol's Cookies? You know I would. 'wink wink nudge nudge'

13. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

14. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

It's not that uncommon to see cakes that are made with beetroot for moisture and sweetness, the cookies would be good I'm tipping

15. Zombiekills

Zombiekills Member

I have a feeling they might be horrible taste

16. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Those cookies probably could use some milk.

17. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

I hate to be a spoil sport, but processing acorns to bake with is a lot of hard damn work that doesn't really involve baking them in the oven. http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Acorn-Flour My first thought was that they were pecans since that's what we've seen Carol baking with before. But if they were pecans, she should have known that after her little adventure in "The Grove".

I'm going to chalk this one up to Carol misidentifying whatever those nuts were as acorns in the same way that Beth identified a rattlesnake as a mudsnake.

18. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Good point.
    In l the last episode comments I mentioned that Ricks group should have been out hunting for last several weeks and they wouldnt have to go to war for food. Someone said the zombies ate all the animals. I didnt think of squirrels . Zombies couldnt catch squirrels or groundhogs or ... Oh! Last night , just as the week before, on the way home from my sisters watching TWD I saw deer. This time I had to stop my car as 4 crossed the road in front of me. They were walking in single file going across road . Two just walked out and I could have hit them if I wasnt going slow and saw their weird glowing eyes from a distance (reflecting my lights?). The other 2 stopped and waited for me to come to complete stop and then crossed to catch up the others.

19. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

If Carol hadnt been captured and they brought back some of that pot I saw at the raided site ,her next batch of cookies could make you tripping.

20. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

I'm from Georgia and I've never heard of anybody making acorn/beet cookies. Down here deer and squirrels eat acorns. Not people. Damn Carol...go make an apple pie or some blackberry cobbler! lol