Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Would YOU give Michonne up??

Discussion in 'Episode 313 - Arrow on the Doorpost' started by slw2082, Mar 10, 2013.

?

Would you give Michonne to the Governor?

1. Yes

4.9%
  2. No

95.1%
  1. tummlykins

tummlykins New Member

No.

Obviously it's a trap (and despite the conversation he had with Hershel, Rick knows that). Rick will use Michonne as bait (possibly without letting her in on his true intentions), I doubt he honestly thinks he can trade her for safety. She's one of the top three most capable members of the group (I'd actually put her first, but I honestly don't know about Daryl) so having her around is invaluable.

In terms of risk vs reward, pretending to give up Michonne to lure the governor out so they can sniper him (or just a good old fashioned shoot out) is safer and more likely to save his group than sacrificing a valuable asset in hopes the obviously bad dude will keep his word.

2. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

3. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

No. It's obviious that isn't all he wants. He tried to humanize himself by telling Rick about his wife and life before the ZA.

4. kmangel

kmangel Member

Maybe Rick will talk to the group about the governor's demand of turning over Michonne. Maybe she will then agree to be the bait--thinking she will be in a good position to kill the governor. She would like nothing better than doing away with him.

5. apiratesaysarrr

I was thinking something along those lines as well. Heh.

6. iheartnorman

iheartnorman Active Member

if it happens I hope it goes down like this
    but the entire time I was watching the show I was thinking Rick, stop making decisions like Andrea!
    PS Please don't hate on me too bad Andrea lovers I'm still hoping that she will be the one that takes him out or helps Michonne take him out

7. Lé Merle Dixon

Because the Governor would just kill the group anyway, if they gave her to them. This is pretty obvious. The Governor is a nutter, and Rick knows this, so that's why he isn't gonna be lured into a trap. Also, Michonne is a great asset to the group. She kicks ass with a sword, and she's smart.

8. Agogo

Agogo New Member

No.
    If Rick makes the damn deal with the Governor, he becomes unable to keep his team.
    Because everyone observes what one's boss do to other members.

9. halfkatr

halfkatr Member

I honestly wouldn't, it always comes back to imagining I'm in that situation. If I was, I'd hope and pray that they wouldn't give me up.

10. Death2Fanboys

Death2Fanboys Member

Okay, answer me this...why doesn't Glenn or Daryl kill Rick for going cuckoo for coco puffs? You want a mad man in charge of your group...that's practically having another Governor in the show.

11. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

The Governor changed what he was expecting of Rick several times. First was unconditional surrender. So after that didn't work he asks Rick to hand over one of his most powerful defenses. If Rick isn't the stupidest person alive, he would see through it. If he can't see it, he doesn't deserve to be leader.

The conspiracy theorist in me (knowing that there is a spy in the prison) is wondering if it isn't Hershel. Rick's question to him seemed leading. "Wouldn't you give her up to keep your daughters safe"? Perhaps that's just what Hershel is doing. Giving up everyone to keep his daughters safe. And Rick is telling Hershel that's what he's doing because he knows it will get back to the Governor...

12. tallahasseehero

I agree with pretty much everything that has been said To give up Michonne (which we all know wont satisfy the governor anyway) is to destroy the group. How can they ever trust Rick again if they think he will sacrifice them if it benefits Carl and Judith. It is time to go to war. `Guerrilla warfare style. Hopefully Andrea wil rejoin team prison, along with Tyrese and Sasha. If I was Rick I would have a group doing guerrilla attacks on Woodbury and a group defending the prison.

Guerrilla unit: Rick, Darryl, Michonne, Merle.

Defense unit: Glenn, Maggie, Carl, Hersehel, Beth, Carrol.

If Tyrese returns, put him with Rick. He probably has a feel for Woodbury by now.

Hit and run attacks all night, and send Michonne and/or Merle to assassinate the governor.

13. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

Rick never killed anyone for going crazy. He killed Shane because Shane was going to kill him. And even if Rick is a little nuts, he is still the best leader.

14. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

If I were producing TWD and searching for more screenwriters, you'd be headhunted in a heartbeat. Excellent stuff. One of the most plausible theories out there, and it makes sense. Hershel's been extremely vocal about leaving the prison. You're good.

#54 Zugzwang, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  15. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

Yeah but I'm having some difficulties with the nitty gritty details of how exactly it can be done lol.

16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

You can't give up Michonne for a number of reasons:

1. The Governor can't be trusted.
    2. Michonne has real value to the group in fighting both the enemy and zombies.
    3. Once you give up a member of your group, everyone begins to question their place. It destroys loyalty and cohesiveness and the only way to then hold such a group together after that is by threats and fear.
    4. It shows weakness to the Governor.

The best bet at this stage is to fortify at the prison and fight it out. Since the Governor has primarily inexperience people in his ranks, the numbers are not as big of a deal. You have a strong defensive position and battle tested fighters. I'd take my chances there and would not go into Woodbury unless you think you can pull off a covert operation to kill the Governor. But the window for that has probably closed unless you can coordinate it with people on the inside.

17. shredorama

shredorama Member

I've been thinking since I watched the episode... Now that Rick has cooperated once, I'm sure the guv will expect it again. They 'agreed' to meet again in 2 days at noon... Why not launch a surprise attack on woodbury before then? There's no way they would see it coming and I think attacking WB would be a better option than fortifying the prison and fighting from a defensive standpoint. Offensive strategy all the way!

18. shredorama

shredorama Member

Plus, I'm concerned if they meet again as specified, well you all heard the Guv tell Martinez to post a perimeter around the feed mill before the meeting and open fire at that point when Team prison shows up. Bad idea, Rick! Do not go to the feed mill in 2 days!!

19. apiratesaysarrr

Me too! I've tried to work that out, but it's like, you know, she'd probably be stripped of weapons and tied up immediately. I don't think it's going to go down anyway, didn't the gov. say that he was planning the attack BEFORE his next "meeting" with Rick? That's what I thought, but seriously, these assholes can't stop talking during the show, so it's not like I always catch everything the first time. Grr. If what I said is the case, unless Rick planned on taking her to him early, I don't really know how this would work, and if even it that scenario, still. . . HOW?

They seemed very on guard, Rick seems aware that he could be attacked at any moment.

20. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

Everyone in Rick's group have lived like savages in the wild, constantly on the qui vive. Raw valiance, body-kinesthetic smarts and armed-combat experience will give them some valuable edge at the very least.

And you're right, Rick has to retain element of surprise for a shot at pulling this stunt. Sudden visit to Woodbury with Michonne, enforcers on ambush around perimeters and demand to see the governor. I don't think Rick's reckless enough to infiltrate without so much as a sound diversionary stratagem beforehand, having Andrea on the inside to stir up some chaos will definitely help.

50-50 chance for that scumbag of a governor if one must be optimistic. :p Michonne is very agile and quick. If Andrea slips her a weapon, it won't be hard for her to reverse the situation from hostage to attacker.