Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Would YOU give Michonne up??

Discussion in 'Episode 313 - Arrow on the Doorpost' started by slw2082, Mar 10, 2013.

?

Would you give Michonne to the Governor?

1. Yes

4.9%
  2. No

95.1%
  1. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Wow -- I've never liked Herschel very much, but I've never suspected him of being a potential traitor. Then again, the Governor seemed to have too much information about Rick. Doesn't seem like Andrea would have shared all that much pillow talk with the Gov bout Rick v Shane/babydaddy if she was thinking about knifing the Gov when she went back to Woodbury. Doesn't seem like Glenn would have blabbed it while being beaten by Merle. Oh boy, the prison walls have ears!

2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The trouble with the Hershel scenario is that he wouldn't have an opportunity to become a spy. He's never left the prison. When would they get to him?

The only viable options would be: Merle, Maggie or Glenn, because they actually spent time in Woodbury.

Michonne was there, but taking out the Governor's eye and running his walker child through with a sword is going a bit too far to become a secret agent.

3. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

Apologies for interrupting but I'm stoked about jacob's theory. We do know that Hershel can drive.

Many things could've happened back in the prison when Rick, Michonne and Carl were out on a supply run too. With enforcers busy on guard watch, is it possible that Hershel can slip away and return without being detected?

If the governor has scouts around the prison's perimeters, all the easier.

4. NameTaker

NameTaker Member

Rick better not be a complete idiot and take the Gov at his word, I'm glad he told Team Prison that Woodbury was going to come kill them, because that's the truth!

5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I don't know about that. The practicality of a man with one leg driving by himself out of the prison to meet with a guy that just tortured Maggie and Glenn doesn't seem like something Hershel would do.

A better case could be made for Maggie. She did give the prison location to the Governor when he threatened Glenn. But I don't think either one of them became traitors.

6. 4nomads

4nomads Member

It would be a bad move. Rick knows the Governor is full of BS and would still wage war. Michonne is a great asset to the group. Why sacrifice possibly your best fighter before a battle that is inevitable ? Rick is smart enough to know when someone is bluffing. At the very least he knows it is a possibility.
    And after last weeks episode he does not want her out anymore.

7. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

I can see him going to the governor with a plea bargain on the down low, but such opinions are really subjective. Guess we'll see. For all we know, the spy is just a red herring. Cheers.

8. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

He indicated that he told them that to scare them. What I got from that part of the conversation was that if they were scared enough, they would go along with sacrificing Michonne. The only way the group would do that is if they were terrified so he was building that up so he could hand her over and they'd be on his side.

I can't imagine Rick giving Michonne up. It goes against everything his character is. I think it was just a tiny end of episode cliff hanger.

9. Lawman

Lawman Member

Make the deal to turn over Michonne. Make the plans to meet at a certain place away from the prison and away from the town, but closer to the prison. Have a walker tied up and bound to look like Michonne (with a bag over the head). Keep the Walker at a distance from the group. Then the real Ninja Michonne can come out and intiate an ambush in the field. SHock and awe. Iimmediately return to the prison and be prepared for the attack. You have taken out some of the town members and are ready for war.

10. 4nomads

4nomads Member

I like that. They have to find a walker with her hair or cut hers off. That would be cool too, Danai's short hair is hot.

11. EvieE

EvieE Member

What did I miss? Where was it said there's a traitor in the prison for sure?

12. iamnotarobot

iamnotarobot Member

^ this!

13. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

"That is the only way they'll accept it."

Unfortunately, you're right. Going by how the scene ended, Rick is definitely giving up Michonne (for now).

Looks like the governor's remark about telephones and wives really got to Rick. Emotional appeal about caring for the kids then broke him. I really hope he modifies this strategy.

There are no simple choices in ZA, sacrificing Michonne is not the answer. Either that or she sees it coming and counter-proposes a new plan to Rick.

But frankly, all things considered I'd probably leave if I were him.

"Clear"' was no redemption. He's still parked in crazy town, only the cray has been elevated to a whole new level...

* shakes head sadly *

#73 Zugzwang, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  14. SeraphM

SeraphM Member

They are nothing more than monsters, similar to the walkers, if they give up someone who has done them no harm. It doesn't matter if it will "save everyone he loves" or anything like that. If they do it, there's absolutely no reason to care about any of them, they have stopped being decent.

Unless people think that it's ok to kill someone to harvest their organs because your child or loved one needs the organ and there are no doners... because it's exactly like that. Only in this case, Michonne did them a solid by bringing them the formula and telling them about Glen and Maggie. Guess she was stupid to stick her neck out.

15. Obomonus

Obomonus Member

Rick's a former cop. The Governor was 'the town drunk' (don't know how he knew that). I'm sure that after years of being a cop, Rick could see right though it.

16. Claymore

Claymore Member

I thought Rick said this just to belittle him. So do you think it was an actual observation and a real guess on who the Gov actually was before the ZA?

17. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

Quoted for truth. Thank you.

18. Canada Guy

Canada Guy Member

Does anyone at team prison share information? A short talk with Merle on the governors disception tactics and Rick would know 100% that the Michone offer won't be honored. For example - Merle only needs to tell the story of how the govna held up a white flag to he military before shooting them.

19. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I realize it wouldn't have done much for the story, but it would have made a lot of sense in a real scenario. I still am scratching my head over that one. I kept expecting him to go all "shit happens" on him, and he never did. Disappointing.

20. Canada Guy

Canada Guy Member

Agreed. He had his gun pointed at his head... It was an easy shot for Rick. As long as he gave his guys outside a warning ahead of time to listen for the shot and be ready. It would be all over. Hard to look past any reason not to do it.