Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Would you had picked up the hitchhiker?

Discussion in 'Episode 312 - Clear' started by Joshua, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Joshua

Joshua Member

If you were Rick, would you had picked up the hitchhiker they drove past in the teaser? or was it safe and smart to not pick him up because imo he could have been anybody

2. John Smith

John Smith Member

If he wasn't screaming like a goon, maybe.

3. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I would have...he seemed harmless. Plus you never know the information he has.

4. tyc94

tyc94 Well-Known Member

Maybe, I'm not sure

5. Rickognize

Rickognize Member

I wouldn't have. Rick is right to not trust anyone apart from those who are already in his group, but there is a line to be drawn. Sometimes people are good and need to be given a chance, but how can you know who is good and who is nuts? Better to be safer than sorry.

6. lurkers&roamers

This is one of those things that, if it had been in the beginning of the series, they would have picked him up. But they've all been through too much shit and know that he could have been anybody. They had to play it safe, and I probably would have done the same thing after going through all Rick and his group had gone through.

7. Dark Meat

Dark Meat Member

Not in that situation. They're gearing up for war, were on a supply run and have enough people in the group that they have trust issues with.

8. The Great Zombini

The Great Zombini Well-Known Member

I would have at least stopped and talked to him. Living humans is kind of rare post-apocalypse. At least have the decency to tell him why they can't take him and offer food or something.

9. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

Would not have stopped on the way to the mission. Might have stopped on the way back if he had been alive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

I don't know, I'm torn on this one... I felt horrible for the guy that they just left him, and it looked to me like Carl wondered why they didn't stop to help, too. The look he gave Rick after they kept driving past him said a lot, to me. But I think at this point they see strangers as a threat/liability, so I understand why they didn't stop/

11. devinnn

devinnn Member

This episode was full of sad moments. I don't expect anyone to feel the same way as me, but for me this was almost one of the saddest moments. I understand the trust no one rule that has become more and more evident as the show has progressed but when they coldly drove past him they became responsible for him- just like they became responsible for turning out Tyrese and his group.

I think they should have stopped but I understand why they didn't

12. circiutcity

circiutcity New Member

what was the purpose of picking up the hiker's backpack?

13. The Great Zombini

The Great Zombini Well-Known Member

In case he had something good?

Your question made me think of something else. Remember in Atlanta when Rick first met the group? They had to kill a zombie so they could mask their scent in zombie entrails and blood. Before they tore the zombie up, they took out his wallet and looked at his picture to say he was once somebody, etc.

I wonder if they will find family pictures in that backpack?

#13 The Great Zombini, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  14. apiratesaysarrr

Yeah, that. It was really sad to me as well. I didn't like it. The guy was begging them to please stop for him. I guess it just isn't the same anymore. You don't stop to think, "how would I want someone to treat me in this situation? What if that were me?" Those kinds of thoughts very well may get you killed, unfortunately.

15. Al Davis is back

I would not since Carl is in the back seat. If Rick, Darrell, or Merle are sitting back there, I would listen to what the guy had to say and see how he survived for so long. The Randal incident was different since there had been blood shed already. This guy looked to be in bad shape, in a remote area, and desperate.

16. InMyBlood

InMyBlood Member

they really didn't have a choice, it was either pick him up or drive by. that guy might have gone bat shit crazy and pulled a gun and killed them if they just said hi, we understand you are alone and scared but we can't take you in with us, sorry. Still, i would have definitely offered him a ride. It's not the safe choice. but i just couldn't not do it.

17. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

It did surprise me and in ways still does, but on the other hand...
    The only folks who were truly friendly were few, along the way.

Remember the episode in that bar in the town, Rick and Hershel and Chinaboi, they ran into those goons...
    The group that came in to the prison from the back end seemed all right but I wasn't 100% sure.
    The governor and his gang shoot the dead AND the living, then make up stories about it so it seems all right.

There are other instances were the living just were not being very friendly, stop your car and that's the last time you made a choice.

Not to mention I thought it could be a trap set by the Governor.

Oddly enough it still surprised me.

18. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

No. Who jumps up and join waiting for a ride in the zombie apocalypse? Meeting survivors in a crisis like this is rare. He could have been bait for an ambush group.

19. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

I feel terrible for him. I suppose it is only logical to not pick him up, he could have been trying to set them up. Maybe he was part of a group and his job was to stop cars, and then others would come out from the tree line and ambush them. Obviously it wasn't the case, but you can't be too careful. It did hurt me inside though :zombies_nosmile:

20. Dark Meat

Dark Meat Member

The ambush comment is a good one.

hitchhikers (good or bad) are supposed to play on your sympathies