Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Would You Have Looked That Long For The Girl?

Discussion in 'Episode 201 - What Lies Ahead' started by Weezer, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Weezer

Weezer New Member

Season 2, episode 1.

I would think after the size of the "pack" that they saw that some folks would be getting nervous about staying put for so long....

How long would you wait before having to take off?

2. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Well that is a tough call. I am sure you would have some people thinking that they should move on, but I feel that nobody would actually say it. Being it's a little girl, out in the woods, all alone...you would have to go look for her. However, after one night...it would be hard to continue because the woods I imagine are rather large and you wouldn't know where to look anymore. If she got eaten by a zombie, you probably wouldn't see much remains, so you could just be looking for nothing.

I would say 48 hours...I think that is the time given by authorities and police. If you don't find a missing person in 48 hours, then the chances of finding that person drop significantly.

3. MaxBrooks

MaxBrooks New Member

Yes, absoluetely YES! Each surviving person carries with him or her the genetic diversity that will enable humanity to survive without technology. Each person is a link to continued survival. Humans like many other animals can not survive interbreeding for very long.

4. inkerchris

inkerchris Member

Oh i'd stay and find her for sure, if for no other reason than to bust her ass for running off when she was told to stay put!

5. AVC

AVC Member

Yeah, I would stay unless there was a direct threat, or supplies ran out

6. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

Yes, I would stay and help look for the child. Until staying put MY kids in mortal danger.

7. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

I don't know if anyone watched Talking Dead after this episode aired, but they asked the same question. The results, as of the end of the show, were:

A. One Day - 0%
    B. One Week - 0%
    C. Until she was found - 0.1%
    D. Not at all - 99.9%

8. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would stay and try to find her. She's just a child. But of course you wouldn't know in the beginning if she's alive or walker already and it is very tough to find a missing person in the place like that. I would stay 2-3 days maximum to find her.

9. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

It's kinda depressing that so many people could be so cold with the life of a child. More of a reason that Rick is the perfect protagonist.

10. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I agree. Too many people care only for themselves.

11. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Actually.....now that I think about it wasn't that poll wrong? I seem to remember that their polling system was broken on an episode and they gave the correct numbers the following week. I think this may have been the one....

12. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I believe it was this one.

13. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

Spot on, and in TWD days they've got walkers to worry about too. Sophia died VERY quickly out there, as Glen Mazzara (I think it was him) confirmed that Otis put her in the barn before he died, and he died in Episode 3. Sophia got lost in Episode 1 of season 2, so she died pretty damn quickly o_O lol

I wouldn't have spent that long looking to be honest.

14. gLorfindeL

gLorfindeL Active Member

I'm not a shane type of a guy so I'd look for her till I found him.(dead or alive, my girl or anybody other's)

15. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

Cold, or realistic about the situation? It's Sophia we are talking about. If I was a zombie, she would be the first choice out the group to go one on one with.

No offense but the way you are thinking is pre-ZA. Taking as long as they did puts everyone in danger. Plus, time that could be used for gathering supplies. Be real, everyone pretty much knew she was a goner except Carol (Daryl was hopeful for a couple days but...).

She was given easy instructions to stay put. She didn't. If she was still alive she would probably be putting everyone in that situation over and over and over again.

16. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

Of course I'd stay and look for her...she's a little girl lost in the woods by herself...you can't just say screw it and leave her and move on

17. straysd0ntsleep

Yeah, I would stay and look for her. I imagine my son out there and hell no would I quit. Yes, they were risking their manpower but Hershel said it best. Risking your life to save someone else's is reason enough for me.

18. Cracker

Cracker Member

If the threats weren't to great, and they did seem minimal during the time they were searching from the highway, I think I'd search a few days or until I figured she probably was SOL. As for the herd did anyone else notice how it was somehow upon them 'suddenly' even though the geezer on the roof had supposedly been scanning the roads from on high? When the herd appears you can see 50-100 yards up the road where they came from, wide open.

19. deadforever1

deadforever1 New Member

im watching the WD Marathon right now and I am thinking to myself, when the heard passed through the dead highway and everyone was underneath the cars, and Rick followed her after, when he found her and picked her up, why didnt he just bring her back to the highway??? he could have put her down and worst come to worst, take out the walkers that were after them, they could have made it back/

20. Corey

Corey New Member

So at this point we are all outsiders looking in on the situation at which they are facing, in the time that he had to respond to what was happening we could have all made different decisions on how to fix the problem. So when he ran into the woods he had two walkers following him so he could have either stayed and took them on there and risk one of them going after Sophia or drawing them both away and I think he made the right choice. Now would I have stayed and looked as long as they did, yes and my reason being at the time Carl and Sophia are the youngest which means they are only hope of life after they pass. I would have flipped every leaf and knocked down every tree till the group just couldnt anymore.