Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Would you have shot your wife

Discussion in 'Episode 101 - Days Gone Bye' started by Jakobi, Dec 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. AlexFili

AlexFili New Member

The only alternative would be to let them keep on walking and they might end up biting someone else. Better to take them out and then mourn them

2. skittlesloli

skittlesloli Member

I would totally shoot my hubby if he was a walker, even if I hated every second of it, I know he'd do the same for me. What I wouldn't do is sit and pore over old photos and reminisce about whatever used to be before shooting him. Why make it harder on yourself? Shoot first, reminisce later.

3. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

I say shoot the wife before she gets bit, saves the trouble of having to do it later.

4. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Goddamn you! Were we separated at birth or something? I was just going to say:

I'll probably have her "opt out" with my gun in my hand... Maybe even before the ZA even happens. Strictly as a precautionary measure. lol.

Well played #22, Well played.

5. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Steven Oliver

Steven Oliver Member

I have a son so if my fiancée got bit, I would shoot her almost instantly so she doesn't kill my son once turned (like Duane)

7. gLorfindeL

gLorfindeL Active Member

sure thing. I would kill anyone who gets bit.

8. sonny

sonny Member

not unless I absolutely had to

9. ProjectBlue

ProjectBlue Member

Great question and really hard to answer. In the first stages of a ZA, I don't think I would. In the show, they know nothing about Zombies so as far as they know this is just some sort of really bad illness and there will be a cure. Morgan said that there where camps in Atlanta so I would have no idea that this is deadly to everyone and would be hoping for a cure.
    However, later once I saw what was really happening then yes, No doubt. And I would want someone to do the same for me.

10. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

Morgan was unable shoot his wife even after she turned, and in the episode "Clear" Morgan revealed to Rick what happened to Morgan's son Duane.
    If Morgan would have put down his wife before she turned into a walker Duane might still be alive and Morgan may not have gone insane over it.

11. ProjectBlue

ProjectBlue Member

Very True [MENTION=8475]The[/MENTION]wolf Hindsight is 20/20. If Morgan knew that his wife was going to kill Duane, then no matter what he should of shot her. I can see him not doing it the minute she turned. It seemed to me that he did not know how bad things where at that time. But when he was shooting the walkers out the window after Rick left, he should of shot her. He knew enough at that time to know she was not going to get better.
    I hope that whoever I am with will shoot me and I hope that I have the stones to shoot them. I think I would, knowing that if I don't I would be responsible for anyone they killed.

12. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

[MENTION=45492]ProjectBlue[/MENTION] maybe what I should have said was "if Morgan would have put down his WALKER wife Duane might still be alive". And your right, hindsight is 20/20.

13. Walkindeadchick

Walkindeadchick Well-Known Member

I couldn't shoot my husband if he became a walker!I know it's the right thing to do but my heart just couldn't take it,I'm too weak!

14. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

I'd like to think I would. I wouldn't want my fiance to exist in that state.

But if it really came down to it, it's easy to say I would sitting on my comfy couch. But I really couldn't answer that until I'd be forced to try. Thank god that will never happen. haha

15. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

I finally got my girlfriend to start watching from the beginning. She asked if I'd put her down if she turned. Without hesitation I said "Yes!".

I asked if she'd put me down, she said, "No, I chain you up like in Shawn of the Dead."

Now that's love.

16. mikka254

mikka254 New Member

Of course. I would have decapitated her with a machete then I'd burn her body with whatever flammable substance I'd find. Self-preservation.

17. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

If I were in Morgan's position, I probably wouldn't have shot her. It was way too early into the ZA, and he couldn't know for sure that there wasn't a cure. At that point in the series, it seemed like she had memories still and there were traces of her inside (although that line of thinking changed later on in the series) . If I were him, I would likely pull a Hershel and try trapping her in a garage.

After watching 5 seasons now, I would have put her down or respected her request of which way she'd like me to handle it.

18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I agree! I think it's easy to say we would, but in reality I think most of us would be like Hershel and think maybe our loved ones are still "in there" somehow. I know if it were one of my loved ones, I would have an extremely hard time shooting them...at least until I had experienced the ZA for a long enough time to accept reality.

19. mitsukeru

mitsukeru Member

I actually don't really know... like I'd feel like shit for shooting someone I love, but I'd be actually making them a favor. So yeah, I'd shoot them. I'd shoot myself after that because of the sadness or something, I think, but I totally would.

20. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

As always, your posts are very insightful and astute legokiba old boy! This place wouldn't be the same without you. Don't ever change.

Ok folks, whose ready for the premiere of this TV show next Sunday? Its called Days Gone Bye. A zombie outbreak all over the world. Looks like it might be pretty solid television :)

• Funny Funny x 1