Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Would you pay a monthly price for H1Z1?

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by The Professor, Jul 31, 2014.

1. CountAntonius

CountAntonius New Member

No. Most of the games I play are by Valve and SOE seems to be following their well made f2p model. F2P means a larger community and if they go about microtransactions the right way a lot of money.

2. wesley

wesley New Member

SOE will have to monetise the game somehow. I can't see purely cosmetic stuff pulling in enough cash or satisfying many. So there will be food drops, ammo drops and similar buyable things. Seed drops may make good sense.
    A little grinding to get the F2P (pay to win stuff) also makes sense. I.e. You buy a map or shipping record that guides you to a cash of the stuff you've 'bought'. The item just does not appear in your inventory. The more awesome the purchase the harder the location is and the more likely you will need friends to get it, but it's never lootable by another.

One thing that might be fun item to buy is tradable supplies, things you can't equip or consume but you can trade to others. "Perhaps you're allergic to peanut butter!" This is something that encourages cooperation and has limited uses for the griefer players. OK it might make useful noob bait.

3. wesley

wesley New Member

That reminds me I'm paying for Eve Isk and not playing the game. I have not gotten around to installing it in this new computer. Not so mature I guess. I have dozens of abandoned, starving, avatars out in virtual reality. :eek:

4. Zane

Zane New Member

I'd pay $10 a month for it but only if it is worth the $10. To me this means adding content, weapons, armor, crafting upgrades, network issues, support and so many other things I take for granted.

Plus I feel that asking for a monthly subscription tends to weed out those 'bad apples' that every community has.

5. Myth H1Z1

Myth H1Z1 New Member

It depends, a monthly sub imo is only good if enough people will do it to keep supporting the game so that they can keep releasing new stuff. A lot of factors come into play, how much content is the game initially going to have and how often are they going to be releasing new content with a $15 fee? Stuff like that I personally don't think a game like H1Z1 should have a monthly sub but if it did I would pay it.

6. Sh4DoW

Sh4DoW New Member

If it meant that there would be no hackers then yes.

7. Duke2004

Duke2004 New Member

ACE cant wait for this game. WarriorZ

8. Ory13

Ory13 Member

Just no, because it's not a full game.. It's an alpha version.

9. dmnd27

dmnd27 New Member

they shoud make it a one fee game but make it 30-40 bucks cause as raiy, said f2p's
    either are dead or have some other issue even if it was a monthly charge around 10 usd a month wouldnt be to bad, one question i have about paying for early acess is will whoever pays for early acess get p2p perm? i think it be only fair :eek:

10. Ukrai

Ukrai New Member

I think $15/mth is fair, got used to it from other MMO's being around that price so im always paying that monthly to someone.

11. Kasharic

Kasharic Member

tbh, having seen what they are doing and some of the ideas they have, I think I would now be willing to pay a monthly sub... maybe not as high as some games... but if it were the same price (maybe a little lower) that WoW, i'd definitely be willing to pay.

12. LastHeroCZ

LastHeroCZ New Member

Im sorry to say that but ewen when the game will be 100/100 then i will newer pay monthly price for ANY game .... If i have to buy the game .. OK ...but NEWER pay monthly price

13. Cowkiller

Cowkiller New Member

i'm already paying SOE All Access for EQ2 so if its merged then yes if not than no

14. Themarsh

Themarsh New Member

I'm not against F2p mmos but I just feel like you end up with lots of trolls on game. Unless your going to be dissing out ip bans they will just keep creating accounts. Will the F2p be a viable option for a constant stream of content? Or will the cash shop take centre stage as it's the only revenue source.
    It could be buy2 play with expansions I feel that is a better option than f2p because if helps recoupe the development cost at release, plus still keep the cash shop for cosmetics only.

My favourite business model would be a monthly sub because this gives you a constant stream of cash which In turn would allow the devs to focus on making awesome content monthly.
    I for one would definitely sub to the game and so would many others £8.00 a month sounds about right. Ffxiv ARR has a sub and the population of that mmo is quite good.

15. AlmightyDean

AlmightyDean New Member

Wouldn't play it. I think it should just be a pay and play type game.

16. [ZSU]GoldfishBuffalo

While I'm not opposed to a monthly subscription (around $5-10), I would prefer a one time fee of $20-30. If its a real badass game, I would pay up to $50. As a member of a gaming community, I feel like we get a better involvement in the community when its a one time fee.

17. PreGame420

PreGame420 Member

i dont think so.

No sorry. At this moment I cant say that I would. Please dont make it a monthly Sub. There is no need. You guys are gonna make a killing with the cosmetic aspect as it is already. adding a monthly sub would just kill your player base enormously.

#37 PreGame420, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
  18. BlackDawn

BlackDawn Member

I would pay monthly subscription or at least a one time payment, that way if you have your constant hackers/dupers/glitchers/etc. they aren't constantly making new accounts, they would have to put money into their consequences for getting themselves banned. If it does stay F2P, then I would hope they implement something to ban their IP (grant it, there would be way to get around that), but slow down any attempt for hacking.

19. Normandy

Normandy Member

Wouldn't be that bad, aslong as the game remains fun and not boring after a while, but would be great if you could earn your extension ingame aswell like in EVE online.

20. Fukoda

Fukoda New Member

As long as it keeps the cheaters away and you work hard on the anti cheat then yes